Best Villain Group Tournament Round 1 Bracket 2

WHO WINS EACH FIGHT?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Light D Lamperouge

๐–‚๐–๐–†๐–™ ๐•ฎ๐–”๐–š๐–‘๐–‰ ๐•ณ๐–†๐–›๐–Š ๐•ญ๐–Š๐–Š๐–“
โ€Ž
IMPORTANT: I WILL NOT COUNT VOTES FROM THOSE WHO DO NOT VOTE FOR EACH FIGHT. ALSO IF I SEE OR NOTICE SOME SUSPICIOUS ACTIVITY THAT ENTRY WILL BE DISQUALIFIED.

In this round in this thread we will have 8 villain groups , which means 4 fights.

Vote in the poll, share your thoughts and state who you voted for.
YOU MAY VOTE FOR YOURSELF IF YOU ARE IN THIS ROUND.
Vote for each round, the winners of each fight will advance.

FIRST FIGHT

Homonculi from FMAB
The Homunculi are the eight primary villainous forces of the series. The central antagonist is the original Homunculus known simply as Father, who was created several hundred years before the start of the series in the presently non-existent nation of Xerxes. The other seven Homunculi are tangible embodiments of his partly human nature's vices, and therefore parts of himself. He did this in an effort to become the ultimate being by attempting (perhaps failing) to purge himself of the seven "sins" which he believed make humans imperfect (the souls of the 7 homunculi were born when the Father divided his immortal soul into seven parts).

The Homunculi were created by injecting a Philosopher's Stone (imbued with one of Father's seven basic vices) broken off from Father's own Philosopher's Stone, into the body of a living being. Five of the Homunculi are based on (and have exactly the same composition as) humans, which were either artificial bodies transmuted from Father or naturally occurring humans; Envy is based on a disturbing leviathan creature created by Father; and Pride is created from Father's own semi-divine essence, being, and image.

Aside from the primary emotion/desire they embody, Homunculi generally possess the belief that they are superior to every other living thing, including humans. This is the psychological effect of their being born with immense strengths. Many of the Homunculi even have ill feelings towards humans. Out of the Homunculi, the sadistic Envy is the one who hates and treats them the most personally and with utmost bitterness, while Pride has the evilest malice, disdain, discrimination, prejudice, and contempt towards humans.
They are all really well written characters, with a thematically consistent story arc to the sin that they are based off of. They are really intimidating villains in the the context of the story and are one of the reason which made FMA a top 10/top 5 manga.

All of their seven characteristics are directly seen in their creator and the main antagonist, Father, the original Homunculus.
  • Lust: Desire for power and willingness to manipulate others for it.​
  • Gluttony: Consumption of resources at his disposal, such as the fate of the first Greed.​
  • Envy: Envy of humans for their ability to have families and create meaningful bonds - Hohenheim explicitly refers to this as his reason for creating the Homunculi.​
  • Greed: Aforementioned desire for power.​
  • Sloth: Having others do the work while he resides underground and directs.​
  • Wrath: His anger in general, but particularly notable in his confrontation with Hohenheim.​
  • Pride: Father's superiority complex, such as seeing humans as ants.​
All of the Homunculi die in a way related to the sin they 'embody':
  • Lust was incinerated to death by a man, who 'lusts' after the position of leader of Amestris.​
  • Greed was boiled down for his most valuable part, and later killed again for the same part by Father.​
  • Gluttony was devoured by Pride.​
  • Envy commits suicide out of jealousy and self-loathing toward humans.​
  • Sloth wears out from his Philosopher's Stone during a long fight.​
  • Wrath meets his end at the hands of one of the vengeful people he tried to exterminate.​
  • Pride was stripped of his power and had been reduced to the form of one of the creatures that he despised.​
  • Father, while not named after a sin, was largely undone by the efforts of Van Hohenheim, the one from whose blood he was "born", and Greed, his own son.​

VS

Phantom Troupe
The Phantom Troupe is made up of infamous thieves with Class-A bounties and is one of the main criminal organizations in the HxH world. They are also known as "Spider". Almost every member is from Meteor City, a junkyard inhabited by outcasts. In that city, no one truly exists and the city itself is known to very few people. Chrollo Lucilfer formed the Phantom Troupe with six other citizens of Meteor City. The group consists of 13 members, one "head" and twelve "legs", all of whom are formidable Nen users. Each member has a numbered tattoo of a spider on their body. The only way to join is to kill a current member and take their place or just wait for a member to die and get chosen by Chrollo.

They are known to be one of the most dangerous and ruthless thieves around the world. Just like when they massacred the entire clan of Kurapika just because of their Scarlet Eyes. Even though the group is close with each other, they allow those who have killed their members to join. Just like in the video, Chrollo organized a revenge massacre of the mafia in deceased member Uvogin's honor.

SECOND FIGHT

Aizen and Espadas
Character design:
Theyโ€™re all cool as hell. Their abilities, outfits, releases, zanpakuto names are all just cool. The Espada to me are above groups like the Akatsuki and Chimera ants design wise and looks wise. They all have that little unique thing that characterizes them.

The Spanish based music, zanpakuto names, soundtrack, and abilities just builds up on the Espadaโ€™s and even regular Arrancarโ€™s coolness. Abilities like Hierro, Cero, Sonรฌdo are basic in a way, but still interest me.

Now, what definitely makes these Espada even cooler is that each one is based off an aspect of death: Senescence, sacrifice, despair, destruction, greed, solitude, nothingness, intoxication, rage, and madness.

Here is a cool graph representing each aspect:

These aspects of death builds upon each Espadaโ€™s character, like how Barragan represents Senescence/Aging and itโ€™s related to his Respira, which is the same ability that he died to.

Basically, the Espada are well written and captivating in my opinion.

They had some short comings but overall i feel that this group is pretty damn iconic.

VS

La Squadra Esecuzioni (also known as The Hitman Team) from JoJo Golden Wind.
My synopsis on why La Squadra Esecuzioni is one of the best villain organization.

They are a team of assassins. They have some of the best designs, unique Stand powers, their leader, Risotto Nero can rivals the boss of Passione which is the main organization that ruled over Italy. They don't usually work or go together but rather solo which makes them unique. They helped each others in need. Their goal is to take down the boss of Passione and take over Italy for themselves. That's why I think La Squadra are a great villain group.

And here's the video.

THIRD FIGHT

The League of Villains from MHA
The infamous league of villains led by the malicious All for One, is a group of terrorists, whose sole goal is the collapse of the current hero society. However, despite the many joint ventures to accomplish their main goal, each member of the league has a desire of their own to fulfil, which is what ultimately drove them to join the league in the first place.

A girl grieving for love.
A man wanting to end his diasporic personalities to achieve a semblance of balance within himself.
A son tortured, ignored, and forgotten for the sake of his younger brother and now yearns for revenge.

Even lizard men who simply want to seek the dream imprinted on them from a hero killer.

What drives the individual members of the league is more than just an idea for destruction, but instead, fostered intent to satisfy their own desires above all else. Each member seeks the league, and the quirks of the members of the league, to gain many steps closer to achieving their own goals. Destruction, to them, is only a byproduct of a journey that moves towards their own goals.

One would then think, that players of such varying backgrounds and goals, could never hope to work or care for each other. However, contrary to this popular belief, the villains have immense respect for each other and are even willing to even give their lives for the other members. This is exemplified most prominently in the villain called Twice, who simply wanted to protect his friends and prove himself to them that he never meant to be a burden to them. His death left many of the vanguard members of the league in a state of shock and dismay. There is no honor among thieves is a phrase that doesnโ€™t apply to the league of villains.

The league's figure head, Shigaraki, is a man cultivated by All for One himself. Being the grandson of All Might's teacher - Nana Shimura- and groomed from a young age to hate All Might and the hero society, Shigaraki, has one of the most dangerous quirks in the series and uses it solely to accomplish his sadistic dream and desire of destroying the peace of society.

In this regard, the remaining prominent members of the league that include Dabi, Toga, Spinner, and Mr. Compass are villains of quite capable measures. Special mentions to Dabi and Tog, where the former is the disgraced son of the world-renowned hero Endeavor, and the latter has a quirk enabling her to transform into whomever she wishes and even use their powers to a degree.

Their brilliant chemistry, and passion for the continual of their ambition also leads them to expand their own quirks to fearsome degrees. The strongest evidence to this testimony comes from their decimation of the Liberation Army. A fight that forced them to go beyond the limits of their quirks at the time to gain more control and fine tune their powers, and thus, making them a more formidable group than ever before.

Now, in the twilight stages of their villainous careers, the villains embrace their goals and are now ready to plunge into the world to either fulfill them, or die trying.

Feast your eyes on the League of Villains!

vs

The Pillar Men from JOJO
The Pillar Men are the main antagonists of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, part 2; Battle Tendency. They consist of Santana, the stray, and the main trio of Esidisi, Whamuu and Kars.

They're all part of an ancient culture, where the mastermind of the Pillar Men, Kars, had discovered a way for them to transcend their beings. It was through his invention of the Stone Mask, piercing the brain in certain locations to force a change in them. However the price to pay was for them to become cannibals, drinking the blood and eating the flesh of humans, but as their glaring weakness they could not walk under the sun.

Kars wanted to overcome this one weakess of theirs to become the ultimate lifeforms; Invincible, unaging, unkillable, one with nature and the ones to oversee it.

He had found his answer how to achieve this, and it all lays in the jewel known only as the Red stone of Aja. When the Pillar Men awakens, their mission is quite clear, locate and secure the Red Stone of Aja in order to power up the stone mask.

Each of the pillar men has their own element linked with them, Esidisi is heat, Whamuu is the Wind, while Kars is Light. They all have absolute control over their bodies, able to contort and twist and do everything with their bodies. Throughout time the only people who have dared stood up against them is the Hamon warriors, but they are becoming fewer and fewer in number as it's a dying culture soon to be forgotten. However Joseph Joestar and his friend Ceasar Zeppeli are strong hamon users who have taken up the task of stopping the Pillar Men from becoming a complete force of nature.

MY FAVE SCENES

FOURTH FIGHT

House Lannister from GOT
House Lannister is one of the Great Houses of the Seven Kingdoms, and they are the richest family in all of the Seven Kingdoms. Through sheer greed, cruelty, ambition, and strength, they have managed to rise to the top and become the strongest family in the Seven Kingdoms. Their official words are "Hear Me Roar" which represents their lion sigil, but they have an unofficial motto which is far infamous and sinister, "A Lannister always pays his debts". If you are a loyal servant of House Lannister, then you will be rewarded with riches and titles, but if you choose to defy House Lannister, then you and your family will cease to exist. One way or another, the debt will be repaid...with interest.

vs

The Empire from Star wars
"The Empire was a fascist Galactic government which was ruled by the Galactic Emperor Sheev Palpatine who was in fact a Sith Lord. They replaced the Galactic republic at the end of The galaxy wide Clone wars and bringing in a new era of fear and oppression and dictatorship. They were also responsible for carrying out the "great Jedi Purge". They systematically conquered and oppressed the galaxy for two decades even invading worlds and civilisations which they had defended during the Clone wars. During their reign of terror The Empire developed a super weapon called the Death Star which was a battle station the size of small moon which had the power to vaporize entire planets to space debris.
Ultimately the Empire was brought down During a galactic Civil war in which many factions who were unhappy with the empire and its wrong doings banded together and formed a Rebel Alliance".

Doggo

Welcome to the House of Hope
โ€Ž
Is there something wrong with it? I've never seen the TV show nor read the books lol.
You see, the idea that the story is abour good guys Starks vs bad guys Lannisters is usually an initial impression.
But quickly Martin shows that the political game of ASOIAF is not about "good vs bad".
There are hardly "villains", maybe except the white walkers. The rest are just Houses that work in self benefit. But the TV show does make the Lannisters more "villain-like" for the last seasons, so I think it's a reasonable pick if you're going for the show portrayal. And tje scene picked is a good one for this purpose.

Is there something wrong with it? I've never seen the TV show nor read the books lol.
They arent exactly a villain group lmao.
Post automatically merged:

Damn, with the way that his head is shaped, I am surprised that the JoJo guy that is 2nd from the right didn't need at least three lines to make it past Japanese censorship laws. :milaugh:
Heโ€™s supposed to be a leek lmao.

Light D Lamperouge

๐–‚๐–๐–†๐–™ ๐•ฎ๐–”๐–š๐–‘๐–‰ ๐•ณ๐–†๐–›๐–Š ๐•ญ๐–Š๐–Š๐–“
โ€Ž
You see, the idea that the story is abour good guys Starks vs bad guys Lannisters is usually an initial impression.
But quickly Martin shows that the political game of ASOIAF is not about "good vs bad".
There are hardly "villains", maybe except the white walkers. The rest are just Houses that work in self benefit. But the TV show does make the Lannisters more "villain-like" for the last seasons, so I think it's a reasonable pick if you're going for the show portrayal. And tje scene picked is a good one for this purpose.
Thanks.

They arent exactly a villain group lmao.
Well I know at least 2 people that disagree.

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
โ€Ž
Last round is hardโ€ฆ Empire vs Lannisters โ€ฆ..

Palpรขt Vader Tarkin and co were good, really good
Vader is an exceptional villain.

The Lannisterโ€™s are also a really good group of villain, all unique, all twisted etc (except Tyrion). Joffrey and Tywin were first rate bastards.

Thรฉ empire takes it but barely

Homonculus vs the troupe (I donโ€™t count Hisoka) : for now (and maybe forever) the Homonculus are deeper than the Troupe but the Troupe has more style and leaves a bigger impression.

Greed, and Bradley were dope. Envy too. Sloth and Gluttony were below average even if Gluttony fear factor was good sometimes. Lust was nice. Pride /Selim had a good fight against Al but he was kinda meh.

but thรฉ rรฉal downside (except Sloth) is Father. The guy wasnโ€™t a good end game boss at all. His story, powers, nothing really interested me.

The troupe is good and Yorknew arc was good. But overall they are not fleshed enough for now. HxH being in hiatus for I donโ€™t know how long, the troupe missed its chance to be one of the very best villain group even if there was potential. But for now except a for Chrollo who had nice moments and two really good fights, Pakunoda, and a bit of the others there is not so much to say about each of them because they are still a mystery.

FMA team.

I like La Squadra but they are not really characters and more just good fighters. Most of part 5 fights are dope but character wise ? Yeah nothing huge. Only Risotto is above the rest with an insane fight and good personality but thatโ€™s it. But yeah they are really nice Jojo villains.

Even if the Espada is not top tier material they win this.

For the 3 : I put the LOV above the Pillar Men. Kars was a bit boring. Esidi was fun. And overall Pillar mโ€™en introduction and vibe was top tier. But Part 2 is huge a lot because of Joseph.

LOV is not perfect at all, but the manga give them lot of focus compared to lots of groups. And Itโ€™s composed of interesting people : Twice, Dabi, Shiggy etc. Their story is not finished yet but they are already a solid group.

LOV for me