Best Villain Tournament Round 1 Bracket 3

WHO WINS EACH FIGHT?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Light D Lamperouge

๐–‚๐–๐–†๐–™ ๐•ฎ๐–”๐–š๐–‘๐–‰ ๐•ณ๐–†๐–›๐–Š ๐•ญ๐–Š๐–Š๐–“
โ€Ž
IMPORTANT: I WILL NOT COUNT VOTES FROM THOSE WHO DO NOT VOTE FOR EACH FIGHT. ALSO IF I SEE OR NOTICE SOME SUSPICIOUS ACTIVITY THAT ENTRY WILL BE DISQUALIFIED.

In this round in this thread we will have 8 villains , which means 4 fights.

Vote in the poll, share your thoughts and state who you voted for.

YOU MAY VOTE FOR YOURSELF IF YOU ARE IN THIS ROUND.
Vote for each round, the winners of each fight will advance.

FIRST FIGHT

Meruem
Meruem is the most powerful offspring of the Queen and is also known as the King of the Chimera Ants. In the beginning, he is a cold-blooded tyrant whose motives are world domination and the eradication of humans, but later he meets a little human girl, Kumogi, who slowly starts changing him to the point where he becomes humanized. He goes from a merciless monster to a person who tries to compromise with his human enemies in order to find a balance between humans and Ants.

VS

Lorne Malvo from Fargo
Lorne Malvo is one of the greatest villain ever written for a TV show. He literally stole every scene he was on.
Without being imposing physically, he manages to scare and manipulate people. His words, his intonation are enough to instil fear into people. What I like about him is also his calm attitude that reinforces his scary nature, and violence seems to be a normal thing for him.
I recommend watching the show to understand fully how he incarnates evil.

SECOND FIGHT

Madara
Alright, so I thought about this for a very long time. And Madara is just perfect. Unlike some other great (Naruto) villains like Orochimaru or Tobi (I like Obito as Tobi more idk why) Madara just planned it all much greater and better! Everyone knew shit was about to get real when he fought the shinobi alliance! His look, his voice and his story is just so damn good and fitting, and the fact that he isnt REALLY doing evil things is just much greater. Everyone got his own view of piece. Its just lame how he died but i dont want to go with that train anymore...xD. So yea i just wanted to write my thoughts down because its in my mind for almost 2 weeks now. Madara is just cool as shit and smart as f*ck.
When I hear the word villain in regards to Naruto Orochimaru is the only one that comes to mind but this isn't about him.

Madara has the qualities of a villain god complex, overpowered, etc. However, I don't consider him one overall.

There will be two parts to this answer so the first.

Build up & hype.

When I say build up I mean literally hundreds and hundreds of chapters he didn't just get name dropped and show up a few chapters later.

The first time we see him is during Naruto & Sasukes first battle at the Final Valley although not in the flesh, he's just a statue we had already been introduced to Hashirama when Orochimaru reanimated him and Tobirama in Chapter 118.

All it says is First Hogake and Second Hogake I believe if you wanted to know that i'm not sure though.​

So when we see Hashirama's statue in the Final Valley we're like ok I remember.. wait who the hell is that guy? But, he isn't mentioned by name until Chapter 309 by Kurama who knew of him after having been forced to battle by Madara against his will in the past, something we learn much later into the manga or series.

So now the new question by this point is.
Who the fuck is Madara?!​

We don't get anything else (that I can remember at least) other than Obtio under the alias of Tobi for some time who went around posing as Madara.

Then we get yet another hint later on in Chapter 490 Obito upon returning to his hideout finds Kabuto is there, thinking he wants to fight he charges him but that isn't the case he wants to make a deal. We see this a page or two later.

Whoever was within that particular coffin at the time had Obito crapping himself but they still didnโ€™t specify who it was at the time.

Fast forward a couple hundred something chapters or so to Chapter 559 specifically the end.
โ€œThe trump card!โ€​

You're probably thinking at this point some of the most powerful shinobi & Kage have been revived and defeated who could possibly be a trump card.

Then it happens.

That's the Uchiha clans symbol, so wait that means? No? Is it?

Wait what! So now once again another question arises if this is Madara? Who the hell is the other guy?!

So shit is getting really freaking real now and I mean really real this guy touches down.

The first thing he does is a Fire Style ninjutsu on an absolutely MASSIVE SCALE!

It takes at least 10+ water style users just to put out that one fireball.

He shits on shinobi # ( insert random number) and takes his sword.

Ok I see you Madara. I see you.​

AWWW YEAH THEY GOT YOU NOW BOY!​

..ok..ok they almost got him this time theyโ€™ll get him next time for sure though!​

Now people are getting shit on left and right​

Ok. What the fuck is that?​

What the fuck is that a meteor?!​

Yes! They stopped it ok we're doing good!​

There was two of them!!​

I told you they'd get him!​

At least that's what you thought.​
How can they beat this guy?! This is absurd.​

Wait! He has a weakness!

He is so clearly extremely cocky and overconfident *rightfully so* that has to be a weakness. Wrong.

People complained about him being overpowered and how it got old quickly but with build up that insane he damn well had not been a disappointment if that requires him to be absurdly strong so be it.

Now for the second part.

His story & motives. He has the most well laid out story of anyone except maybe Kakashi.

His flashback story with Hashirama showed far more depth and realism than our current main characters "friendship/rivalry" has been allowed to do or has done ever.

We are let in on the fact that Madara grew in a time of war a time when it was quite difficult to survive I mean it was brutal, children are getting slaughtered by grown men without second thought. He's lost all of his brothers to war.

Over time he became quite paranoid and less sane as he felt his clan betrayed him. His changes in behavior are due to the curse of hatred. It is explained by Tobirama

So Madara had a plan. He always has a plan.

Infinite Tsukyomi

Taking into account everything he had been through we're well aware he knows pain (shoutout to my guy Nagato) what it's like to lose those you held close.

This is when we start to see Madara isn't really all that sane.

So he wants to create a dream world, the perfect world, one where people can be who they've always wanted to be, where they can always be happy.

(Chapter 606)

Yet he is forcing this on people no one has a choice like at all. Are most contempt with there life? Maybe yes. Does Madara care? No, hell no, because although that may be true there life isn't perfect. It can be alot better and he knows that so whether they like it or not Infinite Tsukyomi will happen & when it does war will be no more peace will exist.

He just wanted what was best for the world although he went about it the wrong way & I feel like thatโ€™s what people liked about him.

VS

Ozymandias
Ozymandias from the Watchmen movie :

Why he is great ?

- He "won". Unlike other villains, his plan worked and it was almost flawlessly done. The good guys didn't win magically in the end.

- His motivations : He did what he did because he thought it was the only way to save the world. He was a former hero yet he killed a lot of people for his own version of the "greater good". Killed millions to save billions. It is so well done that at one point you even ask yourself if it was the only way to save earth (obviously not).

- He can kick ass like no other in his world. He was a badass from the beginning of the movie to its end. He consistently stomped every opponents he faced.

- He has so much style, either in hero costume or in casual clothes. Thanks to Matthew Goode who played his part like a boss.

- His relationship with other characters : for society he embodies the perfect hero with morality etc while he is doing dark shit behind the scene. The Comedian (his main enemy) is the complete opposite : he is seen as dark by everyone and he is officially doing dark shit for the government, but in the end it was him who tried to stop Ozymandias plan because even for him it was too much.

- He is only a human yet he managed to trick a ยซ god ยป. Dr.Manhattan is nigh omniscient nigh all powerful being.

THIRD FIGHT

Major from Hellsing
The Major from Hellsing is one of the most evil and insane villains in anime that I've ever seen. Hes the lowest of low and his plans has resulted in the deaths of many people. but, for some reason I cant root against him. During the entirety that we have seen him on screen this man has not changed his demeanor once. He is always seen smiling. Even in death he is seen smiling.

The major knows only one thing. and that is war. his love for warfare goes beyond what is normally accepted. even if it means to ruin the lives of millions of people. He is an insane man devoid of reality that will put his love for war above anything

VS

Joker from Dark Knight
Shhh, take a moment, relax, close your eyes, and imagine the Joker's portrayal you've seen in ANY and EVERY form of Batman (or Batman-related) media. Now I want you to focus specifically on the DC movie verse and name the first Joker and actor that comes to mind. You have Jack Nicholson (foh old man), Jared Leto (sure, if you want a dollar store version of the clown prince of crime), Joaquin Phoenix (yup, he delivered an award-winning performance that showcased Joker's humanity), or Heath Ledger (arguably the greatest Joker and the portrayal of one of the greatest villains of all time). The Joker is the perfect juxtaposition of Batman and, in essence, two sides of the same fucked up coin. Tragic backstory โœ…, questionable sense of justice โœ…, driven to insanity (albeit two different variations) โœ…. Oh, what's so good about the Joker is he doesn't give a single shit about getting himself hurt or killed, and if Batman kills the Joker, guess who wins? The Joker, especially Ledger's, shows that inside, everyone is a bit of a monster, but hey, at the end of the day...why so serious?

FORTH FIGHT

Funny Valentine from Jojo Part 7
Alright, here is the summary:
Funny Valentine is the main villain of Part 7 of Jojo's Bizarre adventure "Steel Ball Run". He is the 23rd President of the United States Of America and he orchestrated the Steel Ball Run race to collect
The ancient body parts of Jesus Christ
Valentine is a villain who is motivated by his intense patriotism and love for his country to the point where he has the USA flag scarred on his back
His backstory is identical to the backstory of the character called Butch in Pulp fiction (just replace the golden watch with a napkin). He will do anything to protect his country and ensure it survives and prospers even at the expense of others.

His "Stand" (Starting from Jojo part 3 and onwards the power system relies on the characters having a "Stand" which is a manifestation of a power/ability). is called "Dirty deeds done dirt cheep" or known as "D4C" for short
It allows him to travel to infinite parallel dimensions on the condition that he must get caught between two objects (for example, a flag and the ground or a sofa and the wall). This limits D4C's ability but not by much since he has gotten caught between water and the bottom of the ocean as a method of using his ability before. This ability was officially revealed and showcased in chapters 61-70 and these 10 chapters are highly regarded as one of the best stand debuts in the series due to the mystery and confusion it caused to not only the characters but the reader as well, it sparked the famous "Who shot Johnny Joestar" mystery.

The rest is best left unexplained as I highly recommend people read "Steel Ball Run" and experience it for themselves. You do not need to have previous knowledge on any of the previous parts at all so its quite reader friendly as you can jump straight in.

VS

Johan Liebert from Monster
Johan Liebert is the titular monster of the series. He is the main antagonist of the entire manga.
At first glance, one would describe Johan as a well-mannered, charismatic, and compassionate yet somewhat reserved young man who possesses a plethora of favourable traits and can easily overwhelm individuals with his seemingly flawless nature, as seen with Hans, who describes him as being not of this world. This meticulously crafted facade makes it easy for him to make new allies and manipulate them into doing various deeds for him through the influence of his supposed friendship and good will. With such skill in creating this sense of perfection and pureness, Johan hides his true motives with ease.

Within this contrived exterior, however, Johan callously delivers destruction and suffering to those who happen to fall prey to his schemes. Even before his tenure at Kinderheim 511, Johan still exhibits psychopathic tendencies. For instance, most of his murders, both in childhood and adulthood, have been premeditated and calculated.

Johan often shows a complete disregard for life by pointing to his forehead, inviting Dr. Kenzo Tenma to shoot him.

Many of Johan's beliefs run consistent with nihilism, as he does not see any meaning to life. He claims, "Most of this universe is 'death' anyway," and that to the universe, "most lives are just specks in a corner of the earth, gone in a flash.

Johan also has a tendency to make his victims experience the worst possible loss and suffering rather than actually killing them himself; this experience often leads to the victims killing themselves, however. Helmut Wolf is a prime example of this; instead of simply being killed, Wolf is forced to watch as all of his close relatives and acquaintances die, one after another, all so he can feel what Johan felt, solitude.

What is so frightening about Johan is that he possesses this terrifying ability to turn people into monsters using just his words. For instance, he could turn them into serial killers without even lifting a finger. The usage of his manipulative tactics exposes the true nature of humans and using this, he corrupts their souls. In a way, he exposes humanity in its worst image, portraying them as nothing but psychotic killers. Furthermore, these tactics were displayed from an early age, where he was the cause of a tragic massacre at his orphanage, 511 Kinderheim. On that occasion he used stories in order to convince the children that were there with him to murder the staff and then murder each other whilst he was sitting on his throne and observing all of it. During the massacre in Kinderheim 511 fifty children and instructors were in a chaotic battle, all of them fighting and killing. Whilst all of this is happening, Johan just sits on a throne and watches as the chaos unfolds and the whole orphanage becomes engulfed in flames .

He is a genius-level mastermind with the goal of being the only one standing, although that changes later in the series.

Johan uses his wits to commit his evil with no help from supernatural elements at all. Just with his manipulative tactics, intelligence and the knowledge of how the human mind can be corrupted. Then he executes his plan, creating monsters out of nothing except carefully chosen words. That's what makes him genuinely horrifying. The scary thing about the way this character is portrayed is that a person like this could actually exist in real life, there could be someone out there like Johan in this world. The realism this character expresses throughout the anime really makes you think about the possibility that there could be a person like this out there, which is what makes him that much scarier.

Johan's experiences as a child could make one wonder if Johan is truly THE monster or was he shaped that way by the people around him. In order not to spoil much, I will briefly go through them. Johan was experimented upon and was being raised as the new Hitler by the government. . Kinderheim 511, where Johan was sent, was a horrid place where children were treated like criminals and experimented on in an attempt by the government to create perfect soldiers. Johan's mentors had always nurtured Johan's skill for manipulating others with no conscience. However, when confronted, they claimed that Johan was already a "monster" when he first came to the orphanage.

YOU HAVE 4 VOTES AND 24 HOURS TO DECIDE.