Powers & Abilities Black Blades are forged by CoC ?

So I was thinking since a long time why only two people from the entire history of One Piece verse have black blade. Why them only ? It's even more weird because they are related to Zoro. But i will talk about that after.

I was reading @KiriNigiri recent thread and one page strike me again after the last chapter 1010.
This one :

Zoro was saying "Do you means its black color came from ....", everyone knows he was gonna say by haki. But which one specially ?

As i said only two Ryuma the previous strongest and now Mihawk WSS have it. Two who are connected with some common things : strongest, legend, etc.

We all know everyone in One Piece have COA and COO, so it's really weird only two managed to reach that lvl if black blade is next lvl of COA. So basically no one else didn't try to push their COA lvl ??
But now let's say if Kokuto (black blade) actually is forged by COC ? Then it makes sense because Ryuma and Mihawk could be a COC users. And coincidentally, we know Zoro has COC now. Could it be ?
Only 1 in a million has the COC so it's maybe the answer why randoms people can't make a black blade because they need first the COC + as Kaido said : "Only the very strongest can use CoC with their attacks". That means only few people can do that and also few can transform their weapon into Kokuto (black blade). The amount of time that Ryuma and Mihawk used COC with their attacks were maybe completely insane that's why their weapons became a black blade at some point.
Kaido and Luffy used COC with their attacks so we can see again black lightning. Always the same pattern.

For me, the fact Black Blade needs COC make sense at 100%. It's a rare feat that only COC users can achieve.

If Zoro kills Kaido, he may use his COC into his sword and transform it to black blade to cut entirely Kaido's skin.

Only two people made a permanent scar to Kaido and they are Zoro and Oden, again two COC users. Zoro unconsciously used his COC in his last attack that Kaido detected as Haoshoku and reached the feat of Oden. So COC helped them to achieved that feat.

That's why I am more and more convinced to say COC is necessary for Black Blade.

What you think ?

Last edited:
So I was thinking since a long time why only two people from the entire history of One Piece verse have black blade. Why them only ? It's even more weird because they are related to Zoro. But i will come about that after.

I was reading @KiriNigiri recent thread and one page strike me again after the last chapter 1010.
This one :

Zoro was saying "Do you means its black color came from ....", everyone knows he was gonna say by haki. But which one specially ?

As i said only two Ryuma the previous strongest and now Mihawk WSS have it. Two who are connected with some common things : strongest, legend, etc.

We all know everyone in One Piece have COA and COO, so it's really weird only two managed to reach that lvl if black blade is next lvl of COA. So basically no one else didn't try to push their COA lvl ??
But now let's say if Kokuto (black blade) actually is forged by COC ? Then it makes sense because Ryuma and Mihawk could be a COC users. And coincidentally, we know Zoro has COC now. Could it be ?
Only 1 in a million has the COC so it's maybe the answer why randoms people can't make a black blade because they need first the COC + as Kaido said : "Only the very strongest can use CoC with their attacks". That means only few people can do that and also few can transform their weapon into Kokuto (black blade). The amount of time that Ryuma and Mihawk used COC with their attacks were maybe completely insane that's why their weapons became a black blade at some point.
Kaido and Luffy used COC with their attacks so we can see again black lightning. Always the same pattern.

For me, the fact Black Blade needs COC make sense at 100%. It's a rare feat that only COC users can achieve.

If Zoro kills Kaido, he may use his COC into his sword and transform it to black blade to cut entirely Kaido's skin.

Only two people made a permanent scar to Kaido and they are Zoro and Oden, again two COC users. Zoro unconsciously used his COC in his last attack that Kaido detected as Haoshoku and reached the feat of Oden. So COC helped them to achieved that feat.

That's why I am more and more convinced to say COC is necessary for Black Blade.

What you think ?

Good thread as always Akno chin :shocking:

B

Ballel

It makes a lot of sense. Until now, it was still a mystery what is needed to forge a black blade.
The explanations that involved just using coa a lot with your blade were not satisfying and were simply lacking in logic.

Coc being necessary would close the holes in these theories and would also explain why black blades are so rare. Coc being rare too just makes it even more likely to be related.
Post automatically merged:

It would bring a question of why certain CoC users didn't make their Swords Black
Maybe they used their coc more for other purposes than their sword?

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
So I was thinking since a long time why only two people from the entire history of One Piece verse have black blade. Why them only ? It's even more weird because they are related to Zoro. But i will come about that after.

This one :

What you think ?

Seems interesting.

I was always thinking okay Zoro has poggers CoA but this can't be all there is to forging the Black Blade. ( Initially I just thought CoA master + countless battles ) but now I wonder if Oda won't connect it to CoC progression.
Post automatically merged:

So this would mean Zoro got nerfed after getting enma.
Exactly.

This one :

What you think ?

I agree. I examined Zoro’s fight history and he usually needs a Power Up / Slash Technique to defeat the opponents. These moves are specific to the opponent just like how Snakeman is for Katakuri and Tankman is for Cracker.

- Mr1 he used BOAT to cut steel
- Braham/Ohm he used flying slashes
- Kaku he used Asura
- Punk Hazard Dragon he used Shusui
- Pica he used 3 thousand Worlds
- Kaido black blade to behead him.

It’s simple if you think about it. And I hope this is what Oda is leaning towards.

Last edited:
Mihawk talked about how any blade can become a Black Blade in conjunction with Zoro using Koka for the first time. Koka makes it so weapons temporarily become black as long as the user is pouring their CoA into it, and Zoro's Haki specialty just so happens to be CoA.

CoC doesn't get imbued into things, but rather coats the outer exterior allowing for attacks to penetrate deeper into the body. It just doesn't fit.

I think it is pretty clear where Oda is going with this, and there is no need to overcomplicate the process.