Powers & Abilities Black Blades are overrated

Finalbeta

Law Nerd
Depends. In general most likely cause advanced grades are overrated. Wado is stronger than Sandai and Shusui as well but the difference is not incredible. Same with Shusui over Wado if even stronger.

Enma will probably turn into Supreme Grade once blackened but I don't expect an astounding growth.

Roger and WB also didn't have FS. Roger and WB being the strongest characters doesn't mean they had every ability. There's likely a specific way to make a black blade that roger and WB just didn't know/have. There's only 2 that have made black blades in history of op. I don't think that it's over rated at all.

I disagree with that statement. Mihawk is at the top of fighters and his epithet is purely related to his strength as is Newgate and different from Roger.

Newgate and Roger didn't blacken their blades for not being excellent swordsmen and fighting in other ways than sword, they make up for this lack of sword skill with devil fruit or punches.

Just out of curiosity, are you one of those people who think Shanks is as strong as Roger?

Neither WB or Roger achieved true world's strongest status.

Roger wasn't known as the world's strongest anything, yet was able to match the 'WSM' so WB's title wasn't even undisputed.

Mihawk's WSS title is the only title that has real importance to the story because it's connected to Zoro's dream, therefore it is the only title that HAS to be factual.

Mihawk > WB/Roger

Last edited:
Zoro and Mihawk are:
-the only 2 with black blades
-the only 2 connected to the WSS title
-the only 2 who cares about the WSS title

When you top tiers with supreme grade blades but with no black blade nor interest in the WSS title, it shits on the relevancy of swordsmanship in the grand scheme of things.
I guess we’re going to pretend Ryuma doesn’t exist.

I guess we’re also going to pretend Kuina doesn’t exist.

I guess we’re going to pretend that Ryuma is the first character in the series with a ‘god’ title. Or that Oda has been subtly hyping the Shimotsuki plotline in SBSs and hints towards Ushimaru in Yamato’s backstory.

But yeah fuck man, Oda clearly doesn’t give a shit about swordsmen. :catcry:

Zoro and Mihawk are:
-the only 2 with black blades
-the only 2 connected to the WSS title
-the only 2 who cares about the WSS title

When you top tiers with supreme grade blades but with no black blade nor interest in the WSS title, it shits on the relevancy of swordsmanship in the grand scheme of things.
And Shanks with his inferiority before Mihawk as per narrative, title, and VC statements.