Black Clover - Chapter 333 - The World's Savior and Its Flaw

Rate this chapter!

• Total voters
Nice chapter. Lucius stays pretty great. Things are heating up pretty quickly, I'm looking forward to Asta's attempt at beating Lucius. I'm enjoying the current developments quite a lot more than the stuff that was happening near the end of the last arc and I hope it stays engaging. Asta's been pretty good lately too.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
โ€Ž
Lucius is already shaping up to be an S Tier villain, he is already the perfect foil to Julius:

This is literally Juliusโ€™ exact goal, except the means through which Lucius wants to achieve this goal are clearly evil while Juliusโ€™ are actually moral. This is 10/10 character writing. Julius/Lucius really is Tabataโ€™s magnum opus. This also makes Lucius a foil to Asta as well, they are both Devil-possessed Wizard King aspirees who have similar ideals.

This final arc is shaping up to be truly excellent.

Light D Lamperouge

๐–‚๐–๐–†๐–™ ๐•ฎ๐–”๐–š๐–‘๐–‰ ๐•ณ๐–†๐–›๐–Š ๐•ญ๐–Š๐–Š๐–“
โ€Ž
Lucius is already shaping up to be an S Tier villain, he is already the perfect foil to Julius:

This is literally Juliusโ€™ exact goal, except the means through which Lucius wants to achieve this goal are clearly evil while Juliusโ€™ are actually moral. This is 10/10 character writing. Julius/Lucius really is Tabataโ€™s magnum opus. This also makes Lucius a foil to Asta as well, they are both Devil-possessed Wizard King aspirees who have similar ideals.

This final arc is shaping up to be truly excellent.
Great analysis. I've just finished the chapter and came to the same conclusion. Absolutely spectacular. Julius/Lucius is really the apex of Black Clover in every way imaginable. And so far the final arc is going pretty strong. I am thoroughly enjoying it. I hope Tabata continues at this pace and even better. I assume those 3 months really were quite useful.

And yeah Lucius seems to be unprecedented when it comes to power. He confirmed that he absorbed Lucifero and that bumped his spell to quite a higher level.

Plus we pretty much got a confirmation that we'll see all the Zogratis siblings back.
Probably a call back to this

Asta faceing a stronger enemy for the 100th time
"Think, Asta, think! Hmm... I got it!!
I WILL SURPASS YOU!!!"

Other characters: "Holy shit, why didn't I think of that?!":crazwhat:

Light D Lamperouge

โ€Ž
Asta faceing a stronger enemy for the 100th time
"Think, Asta, think! Hmm... I got it!!
I WILL SURPASS YOU!!!"

Other characters: "Holy shit, why didn't I think of that?!":crazwhat:
There's no surpassing Lucius.
:finally:

Mashiro Blue

๐“ฆ๐“ฒ๐“ผ๐“ฑ ๐“พ๐“น๐“ธ๐“ท ๐“ช ๐“ผ๐“ฑ๐“ธ๐“ธ๐“ฝ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ ๐“ผ๐“ฝ๐“ช๐“ป โœฐ
โ€Ž
10/10 chapter

Lucius really living up to the hype. As a villain he might be one of the best there is.

One thing that I noticed is that Lucius and Julius have that Sun Mark on opposite sides of their forehead.

Which can be interpreted as Lucius/Julius being opposites of each other, as in regards to their ideals and personalities. Which is a nice touch from the author.

I could see some sort of power up from Lucius by soing something to Julius or vice versa and that Mark appears on both sides or goes to the center of the forehead, marking the end of the other soul that shares that body.

Light D Lamperouge

โ€Ž
Lucius really living up to the hype. As a villain he might be one of the best there is.
Top tier villain. I believe he will cement himself as the top, unlike many shonen final villains.

One thing that I noticed is that Lucius and Julius have that Sun Mark on opposite sides of their forehead.

Which can be interpreted as Lucius/Julius being opposites of each other, as in regards to their ideals and personalities. Which is a nice touch from the author.
Yin and yang.

Marimo_420

The Honoured One
โ€Ž
Pretty decent chapter, but I'm expecting alot more going forward.

While I do love Lucius, the reasoning for doing what he's doing is pretty generic shonen villian stuff, and the 2 soul 1 body is a stale concept for BC. I was hoping for Julius to be an alternative timeline version of himself that he manipulated and created himself. That Julius never really exsisted. I don't need no redemption arc for another soul.

Apart from that, Lucius has an extremly threatening vibe and I enjoy his arrogance (which i didn't for Dante). His magic is so ridiculously of the charts for a starter spell and demostration. Single-handedly made the chapter regardless of some of my complaints.

Decent stuff. Back to back great introductory chapters to the last arc I guess.

However, the best thing about this chapter is comfirmation, Sista Lily is not a hoe.

:kuzanshut:

Light D Lamperouge

โ€Ž
Pretty decent chapter, but I'm expecting alot more going forward.
Imo it was a good one, but I agree. I expect it to be even better going forward.

While I do love Lucius, the reasoning for doing what he's doing is pretty generic shonen villian stuff,
I don't think it's as generic as you believe, sure it has similarities, but this is the foil to Julius' dream, like Lee said.

and the 2 soul 1 body is a stale concept for BC.
We only had it once and it was due to reincarnation. This is different since Juli doesn't seem to be a reincarnation of anyone.

I was hoping for Julius to be an alternative timeline version of himself that he manipulated and created himself. That Julius never really exsisted. I don't need no redemption arc for another soul.
That's an interesting idea but I think that would have been an asspull. And open the door to multiverses, which imo is not a good idea.

Apart from that, Lucius has an extremly threatening vibe and I enjoy his arrogance (which i didn't for Dante). His magic is so ridiculously of the charts for a starter spell and demostration.
DA GOAT.

However, the best thing about this chapter is comfirmation, Sista Lily is not a hoe.
She all bout that Lucius d br0.

Last edited:

Marimo_420

The Honoured One
โ€Ž
Imo it was a good one, but I agree. I expect it to be even better going forward.

I don't think it's as generic as you believe, sure it has similarities, but this is the foil to Julius' dream, like Lee said.

We only had it once and it was due to reincarnation. This is different since Juli doesn't seem to be a reincarnation of anyone.

That's an interesting idea but I think that would have been an asspull. And open the door to multiverses, which imo is not a good idea.

DA GOAT.

She all bout the Lucius d br0.

- Yes, it's a foil but still kinda generic. "Everyone will be equal... under me"

- One is more than enough for me bro. I had enough of William.
:yasu:

- yeah multiverses are wack i agree with that. I was thinking more of only his time magic can create life using a theory of multiple/ alternative timeline. So a good or opposite version of himself was created that never exsisted in the first place. Asspull yes. Cool though.

- Honestly he already shits on Dante with just chapters.

- And nope. Stop spamming that fanfiction art man. ๐Ÿ’€
Don't whorify Sista Lily like that.

Light D Lamperouge

โ€Ž
- Yes, it's a foil but still kinda generic. "Everyone will be equal... under me"
But it's necessary in order to be a foil. Lucius will rule over yes.

- One is more than enough for me bro. I had enough of William.
Agree to disagree.

- yeah multiverses are wack i agree with that. I was thinking more of only his time magic can create life using a theory of multiple/ alternative timeline. So a good or opposite version of himself was created that never exsisted in the first place. Asspull yes. Cool though.
Good. That could be interesting. Or a future version of Julius that came back to the past to change it cuz the future sucked.

- Honestly he already shits on Dante with just chapters.
Lucius>>Zenon>>>>>Vanica>>Dante.

- And nope. Stop spamming that fanfiction art man. ๐Ÿ’€
Don't whorify Sista Lily like that.
She all bout that life br0.
No fanfictions, just a panel from chapter 335.

Be grateful I am sharing it.

Marimo_420

The Honoured One
โ€Ž
But it's necessary in order to be a foil. Lucius will rule over yes.

Agree to disagree.

Good. That could be interesting. Or a future version of Julius that came back to the past to change it cuz the future sucked.

Lucius>>Zenon>>>>>Vanica>>Dante.

She all bout that life br0.
No fanfictions, just a panel from chapter 335.

Be grateful I am sharing it.
- Fair enough, but still. Lol.

- Yeah that could work I guess. And only he can access time travel due to his magic and no consequences will occur.

- Lucius > Zenon >>>> Vanica ~> Dante.

- You're pretending I'm blind to MS Paint works smh.

Light D Lamperouge

โ€Ž
- Fair enough, but still. Lol.
Lmao.

- Yeah that could work I guess. And only he can access time travel due to his magic and no consequences will occur.
Yeah that would have also been cool. And Asta is the anomaly that changes it.

- Lucius > Zenon >>>> Vanica ~> Dante.
Similar lists.

- You're pretending I'm blind to MS Paint works smh.
Br0 it's Tabata's new style. The 3 month break affected it.