• 2/5

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1/5

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Seth

๐Š๐จ๐ค๐ฎ๐ญ๐จ ๐’๐ก๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ฎ๐ข
โ€Ž
It's freaking amazing, I hope Tabata pulls this off until the very end without switching into kids writing.

If anyone wonders what is happening. Lucius actions are probably inspired by Dante's inferno, where equivalent of Lucifero was a Fallen Angel who tried to get back into the ranks of Angels because he thought he didn't deserve all the shit he got together with being banished and becoming a devil if I recall.

Light D Lamperouge

๐–‚๐–๐–†๐–™ ๐•ฎ๐–”๐–š๐–‘๐–‰ ๐•ณ๐–†๐–›๐–Š ๐•ญ๐–Š๐–Š๐–“
โ€Ž
What a chapter. Lucius stays slaying. My man is invincible.

Magic that cannot be defied, and is touted as invincible

H2H combat as good as Lucifero's, actually even better as he's laying down the pipe on a stronger Asta in H2H

Just a reminder. Lucifero's physical ability was touted as exceptional, just like his magic. Adra directly places both on the same level

And now this man pulls out his innate magic.
:crazwhat:
And it's soul magic, just as predicted.

Just how OP is this guy???

Another theory confirmed this chapter btw. Demons are all fallen angels. When Lucius purifies the devil power they go back to the Angelic shapes.
That's why Asta does not know this KI.

A nice touch btw that Lucius has devil antlers, and belonged to the Gray Deer squad lol.

And what a raw page to end it. Lucius saluting Asta and bidding him farewell with Asta's blood on his hand.
GOAT.​

Last edited:

Light D Lamperouge

โ€Ž
Betec Mhaito.

Soul power.

:gonope:
Stfu clown. Lucius bodies. And I told you sistah Lily is all about that life. Missed the chapter number but knew it was spoilers.
Post automatically merged:

Plus as soon as the Zogratis showed off their magic it was clear Lucius or the 4th sibling will have either soul or brain magic. Why you acting like it's unexpected or something? :few:

Marimo_420

The Honoured One
โ€Ž
Stfu clown. Lucius bodies. And I told you sistah Lily is all about that life. Missed the chapter number but knew it was spoilers.

Plus as soon as the Zogratis showed off their magic it was clear Lucius or the 4th sibling will have either soul or brain magic. Why you acting like it's unexpected or something? :few:
It's just a joke hoe.

:gonope:

And nah I don't respect lily no no more. She dead to me.

With Lucius being capable of freely manipulating the soul of everyone he touches, this panel takes a new meaning:

I always found it odd how Julius acted. It was as if he didn't know the origins of his time magic, nor the fact that he was originally a citizen of the Spade Kingdom, nor the fact that he had another soul dwelling within him. Granted, you can say that he might have been acting and if so, this man deserves an oscar, but I seriously doubt it. Julius seemed to be very confused during the Spade Kingdom arc, even in his inner thoughts. This was his reaction as soon as Damnatio started to talk to him about Astaroth:

This is not the face of someone who already knew about his origins. This face screams shock, and perhaps even terror upon the realization of his origins. It's as if he suddenly remembers everything, but before he can do anything and utter a coherent sentence to Damnatio, Lucius takes over.

The translation also states that Lucius' magic should be capable of affecting the mind/spirit.

So my guess is that Lucius modified Julius' soul when he touched him on that first panel, effectively erasing (at least temporarily) from his mind everything about his origins and perhaps creating fake memories of him originally being a citizen of the Clover Kingdom (he also would have erased everything about Astaroth). Lucius also mentioned in the previous chapter that Julius was on some sort of mission for the sake of their goal, but that's probably something he forced on him with his Soul Magic. That mission might have been to get close to people with rare magic (specially with Yami or William, both of which would later be the keys to open the Devil Tree, an event that would lead to Lucifero being weakened enough for him to wreck him and acquire his powers, something that would help him become someone who rules above all, an element very necessary for his goal).

Since the soul is also the source of one's magic, Lucius should be capable of modifying one's OG magic with his Soul Magic. That's probably the specific explanation as to how he purified Astaroth and Lucifero's devil power to acquire his current form. He changed the nature of their magic by modifying their soul. Nice take there on how angels seem to be purified demons. Lucifero is supposed to be a fallen angel in myths, so I would say this is very cool.

If what I said before is true, then that would basically confirm that Lucius probably messed up with Astaroth pretty badly with his magic. I can't really imagine a demon ruler agreeing to be purified after all (though who knows, really). It might be safe to start assuming Astaroth got soul-raped.

Anyways, broken, very broken. As if he wasn't already broken enough. Asta is probably the only one who can properly stand up to him, and even he was basically fucked in this chapter as soon as Lucius turned Sister into a mindfucked angel (btw, Damnatio also got touched by Lucius so we'll probably have another angel here lol).

It's becoming harder and harder for me to see this man lose. The only way I can see it is if there's some mind/soul struggle with Julius that nerfs him, because otherwise nothing is stopping him from turning everyone and their mother into brainwashed angels. Surprise effect of the WK suddenly appearing while being different + time stop + direct touch = one more character to his side.

Great chapter. Lucius GOAT / 10 again.

Light D Lamperouge

โ€Ž
I always found it odd how Julius acted. It was as if he didn't know the origins of his time magic, nor the fact that he was originally a citizen of the Spade Kingdom, nor the fact that he had another soul dwelling within him. Granted, you can say that he might have been acting and if so, this man deserves an oscar, but I seriously doubt it. Julius seemed to be very confused during the Spade Kingdom arc, even in his inner thoughts. This was his reaction as soon as Damnatio started to talk to him about Astaroth:
Yes. It's a good explanation by Tabata. Julius acting all the time would have been lame imo. Specifically because we got to see his inner thoughts. This way it all makes sense. No loose ends. No asspulling. It aligns perfectly which makes me appreciate the twist even more.

ucius also mentioned in the previous chapter that Julius was on some sort of mission for the sake of their goal, but that's probably something he forced on him with his Soul Magic. That mission might have been to get close to people with rare magic (specially with Yami or William, both of which would later be the keys to open the Devil Tree, an event that would lead to Lucifero being weakened enough for him to wreck him and acquire his powers, something that would help him become someone who rules above all, an element very necessary for his goal).
The mission to find those who have dark magic and world tree magic. The ones needed for the Tree of Qliphoth. That was his mission imo.

Since the soul is also the source of one's magic, Lucius should be capable of modifying one's OG magic with his Soul Magic. That's probably the specific explanation as to how he purified Astaroth and Lucifero's devil power to acquire his current form. He changed the nature of their magic by modifying their soul. Nice take there on how angels seem to be purified demons. Lucifero is supposed to be a fallen angel in myths, so I would say this is very cool.
Yeah I also think Astaroth has been purified or Lucius' messed with him. Though I am not sure if he is gone yet.

What I like is that Tabata really did his research man.

See how Lucius tells us he contacted Astaroth specifically.

Astaroth is a devil that freely talks about past, present and future and shares answers when asked.

According to some demonologists of the 16th century, August is the month during which this demon's attacks against man are stronger. According to Sebastien Michaelis, he is a demon of the First Hierarchy, who seduces by means of laziness, self-doubt, and rationalized philosophies. His adversary is St. Bartholomew, who can protect against him for he has resisted Astaroth's temptations. To others, he teaches mathematical sciences and handicrafts, can make men invisible and lead them to hidden treasures, and answers every question formulated to him. He was also said to give to mortal beings the power over serpents.

Astaroth, whilst also being immensely powerful, was more of an intellectual threat.

If what I said before is true, then that would basically confirm that Lucius probably messed up with Astaroth pretty badly with his magic. I can't really imagine a demon ruler agreeing to be purified after all (though who knows, really). It might be safe to start assuming Astaroth got soul-raped.
Like I said above, I am not sure he's gone yet. My main issue with it is that we never got to see him. And I think that's for a reason. I mean we saw a plethora of devils, Lucifugus, Lilith, Megicula, etc. Even the other two dukes of hell, Beelzebub and Lucifero himself, but not Astaroth. I can't help but think it's for a reason that will have further connections. I mean it would be easy for Tabata to just draw a panel of the dude already, he had ample opportunities, but for some reason he doesn't. Now I don't think it's cuz he's lazy lol.

Anyways, broken, very broken. As if he wasn't already broken enough.
:steef:

btw, Damnatio also got touched by Lucius so we'll probably have another angel here lol).
Yeah iirc we never saw Damnatio's body. Just that Lucius touched his forehead.

The only way I can see it is if there's some mind/soul struggle with Julius that nerfs him, because otherwise nothing is stopping him from turning everyone and their mother into brainwashed angels.
Agree. This is what I was talking to @Dark_King about as well. Someway somehow it will be Julius that will have to nerf Lucius. Most likely at the critical moment. Or if what we pondered about previously is possible, in other words that it's possible that Lucius and Julius both have different innate magic, Julius might possess brain magic, and might affect Lucius and then have Julius take over as the dominant persona by taking over the brain.

Last edited:

Seth

๐Š๐จ๐ค๐ฎ๐ญ๐จ ๐’๐ก๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ฎ๐ข
โ€Ž
With Lucius being capable of freely manipulating the soul of everyone he touches, this panel takes a new meaning:

This is not the face of someone who already knew about his origins. This face screams shock, and perhaps even terror upon the realization of his origins. It's as if he suddenly remembers everything, but before he can do anything and utter a coherent sentence to Damnatio, Lucius takes over.

The translation also states that Lucius' magic should be capable of affecting the mind/spirit.

So my guess is that Lucius modified Julius' soul when he touched him on that first panel, effectively erasing (at least temporarily) from his mind everything about his origins and perhaps creating fake memories of him originally being a citizen of the Clover Kingdom (he also would have erased everything about Astaroth). Lucius also mentioned in the previous chapter that Julius was on some sort of mission for the sake of their goal, but that's probably something he forced on him with his Soul Magic. That mission might have been to get close to people with rare magic (specially with Yami or William, both of which would later be the keys to open the Devil Tree, an event that would lead to Lucifero being weakened enough for him to wreck him and acquire his powers, something that would help him become someone who rules above all, an element very necessary for his goal).

Anyways, broken, very broken. As if he wasn't already broken enough. Asta is probably the only one who can properly stand up to him, and even he was basically fucked in this chapter as soon as Lucius turned Sister into a mindfucked angel (btw, Damnatio also got touched by Lucius so we'll probably have another angel here lol).

It's becoming harder and harder for me to see this man lose. The only way I can see it is if there's some mind/soul struggle with Julius that nerfs him, because otherwise nothing is stopping him from turning everyone and their mother into brainwashed angels. Surprise effect of the WK suddenly appearing while being different + time stop + direct touch = one more character to his side.

Great chapter. Lucius GOAT / 10 again.
Yes. It's a good explanation by Tabata. Julius acting all the time would have been lame imo. Specifically because we got to see his inner thoughts. This way it all makes sense. No loose ends. No asspulling. It aligns perfectly which makes me appreciate the twist even more.

The mission to find those who have dark magic and world tree magic. The ones needed for the Tree of Qliphoth. That was his mission imo.

Yeah I also think Astaroth has been purified or Lucius' messed with him. Though I am not sure if he is gone yet.

What I like is that Tabata really did his research man.

See how Lucius tells us he contacted Astaroth specifically.

Astaroth is a devil that freely talks about past, present and future and shares answers when asked.

According to some demonologists of the 16th century, August is the month during which this demon's attacks against man are stronger. According to Sebastien Michaelis, he is a demon of the First Hierarchy, who seduces by means of laziness, self-doubt, and rationalized philosophies. His adversary is St. Bartholomew, who can protect against him for he has resisted Astaroth's temptations. To others, he teaches mathematical sciences and handicrafts, can make men invisible and lead them to hidden treasures, and answers every question formulated to him. He was also said to give to mortal beings the power over serpents.

Astaroth, whilst also being immensely powerful, was more of an intellectual threat.

Like I said above, I am not sure he's gone yet. My main issue with it is that we never got to see him. And I think that's for a reason. I mean we saw a plethora of devils, Lucifugo, Lilith, Megicula, etc. Even the other two dukes of hell, Beelzebub and Lucifero himself, but not Astaroth. I can't help but think it's for a reason that will have further connections. I mean it would be easy for Tabata to just draw a panel of the dude already, he had ample opportunities, but for some reason he doesn't. Now I don't think it's cuz he's lazy lol.

:steef:

Yeah iirc we never saw Damnatio's body. Just that Lucius touched his forehead.

Agree. This is what I was talking to @Dark_King about as well. Someway somehow it will be Julius that will have to nerf Lucius. Most likely at the critical moment. Or if what we pondered about previously is possible, in other words that it's possible that Lucius and Julius both have different innate magic, Julius might possess brain magic, and might affect Lucius and then have Julius take over as the dominant persona by taking over the brain.
After Soul Magic's reveal, my theory about Previous Wizard Kings is more alive than ever. I doubt Tabata will go for it but it would be amazing.

Lucius can kidnap Rades if I remember his name right, make him use his magic to pull out former Wizard Kings and Lucius puts souls in them and they fight for him.

That sounds like Edo Tensei during the 4th War but you have to remember that not every Wizard King was Julius level.

So it would be cool to give Captains solo opponents.

Light D Lamperouge

โ€Ž
After Soul Magic's reveal, my theory about Previous Wizard Kings is more alive than ever. I doubt Tabata will go for it but it would be amazing.

Lucius can kidnap Rades if I remember his name right, make him use his magic to pull out former Wizard Kings and Lucius puts souls in them and they fight for him.

That sounds like Edo Tensei during the 4th War but you have to remember that not every Wizard King was Julius level.

So it would be cool to give Captains solo opponents.
That could be interesting. We spoke about it before as well. And could showcase how far the new generation has advanced, making them fight WK opponents.

But this new power Lucius showed offered up other possibilities as well. Fighting amongst themselves. Lucius can purify anyone.

Is the new form something unique to Lucius or is it something any human can attain with enough training ?

I can see Angel form being Mereo and Yuno's way of catching up to Asta.

Yuno being a deuteragonist has to of course be comparable to his protagonist.

Last edited:

Light D Lamperouge

โ€Ž

Mashiro Blue

๐“ฆ๐“ฒ๐“ผ๐“ฑ ๐“พ๐“น๐“ธ๐“ท ๐“ช ๐“ผ๐“ฑ๐“ธ๐“ธ๐“ฝ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ ๐“ผ๐“ฝ๐“ช๐“ป โœฐ
โ€Ž
So Lucius has 6 wings.

It's not any type of angel lol he's become a Seraph

Light D Lamperouge

โ€Ž
So Lucius has 6 wings.

It's not any type of angel lol he's become a Seraph
Isn't that the same lol?

A seraph is an angel โ€” a heavenly, human-like creature with wings. In Christianity, a seraph is an angel of the first order, which is a very important angel. A seraph is a member of a group of angels called the seraphim, who are believed to have six wings.

Mashiro Blue

๐“ฆ๐“ฒ๐“ผ๐“ฑ ๐“พ๐“น๐“ธ๐“ท ๐“ช ๐“ผ๐“ฑ๐“ธ๐“ธ๐“ฝ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ ๐“ผ๐“ฝ๐“ช๐“ป โœฐ
โ€Ž
Isn't that the same lol?

A seraph is an angel โ€” a heavenly, human-like creature with wings. In Christianity, a seraph is an angel of the first order, which is a very important angel. A seraph is a member of a group of angels called the seraphim, who are believed to have six wings.
Yes it's an angel but not any type of angel. They're the highest form of angels.