Bleach General Discussion

TheKnightOfTheSea

𝕷𝖔𝖗𝖉 𝖔𝖋 𝕸𝖔𝖔𝖓'π–˜ π•Ύπ–•π–†π–œπ–“
β€Ž
Creating this thread so I'll have a place to write my thoughts on things in this manga that don't warrant their own thread.

Best part of Bleach is definitely it's excellent secondary cast imo. Kubo is good at creating memorable groups and characters. Seeing the Captains and the Espada's and their respective abilities, characters and backstories is the best part of the manga for me.

Some people who might be interested in this thread: @MonsterKaido @RayanOO @Haoku @Flowa @Ghostly Reflections @Natalija @SmokedOut ec

TheKnightOfTheSea

β€Ž
Arrancars suck in general, either it is Ulquiorra or Grimjhow or Starrk or Harribel. But the best one among them was still Barragan.

The best group is easily Gotei 13, with the other groups (Vizards, Arrancars, Sternritters, Fullbringers) are left far behind.
That Starrk slander :gonope:

I agree with the Gotei 13 being the best overall. Helps that we get to see them grow over the course of the series and learn more about them.

Barragan does have one of the best designs in Bleach though. One of the reasons I picked up Bleach was because I saw his design lol. Kind of wish he had more screentime.

TheKnightOfTheSea

β€Ž
Agreed, I find it kind of funny how all the Soul Society arc characters turned into better side protagonists than the Karakura crew.

IMO

Gotei 13 > Espada > Karakura Town > Sternitter = Fullbringers

I wouldn't of been upset if the rest of the series was Gotei 13 and the Espada duking it out with each Espada getting more focus.
I would have loved if the Espada were all defeated in smaller arcs centered around them, kind of like all of the Akatsuki arcs in Naruto.

U can tell that Kubo forgot about the Karakura guys real fast lmao

G

Gorosei Informer

Yeah, it's sad that we won't see them again ngl.
I'm really hoping the Hell will bring them back, there no reason it shouldn't imo.

I was massively disappointed we didn't get Starrk as a Mayuri zombie at least but Yama becoming the literal king of hell and becoming even more dangerous and the most dangerous enemy threat potentially as a possible storyline for him is extremely exciting for me.

I really wanted Starrk to become an ally and I almost dropped Bleach after he died.

I heard the anime is gonna try to make up for TYBW being prematurely cut so brutally and wasted potentially but we'll see.

Given how amazing the bonus chapter was with the Hell arc finally happening canonically and how Kubo completely turned everything upside down, flipped our lives all around or whatever like we're we're ino of Fresh Prince of Bel Air is genuinely fantastic imo.

I felt complete chills, awe, excitement, confusion and horror all from that chapter and its completely shaken up everything we know like the Aizen villsin reveal but turned up to 11.

That massive break did Kubo wonders imo. I had no faith in Bleach and him anymore which wasn't entirely his fault by far ofc, but I feel I really underestimated and disrespected him after that chapter too.

Kubo is an amazing artist especially and extremely stylish too, much like Hirohiro Araki of JJBA for example so I'm immensely excited for the Hell arc.

Also fun fact, Yamamoto (I think), Unohana, Ukitake, Shunsui, AIZEN and others have received CANONICAL BEYOND BANKAI FORMS in Bleach Brave Souls and some of the Bleach novels have a very interesting greater scope and more brutal, cunning villain (Aizens superior in villainy I believe) and new Bankai reveals and such so there is hope for Bleach.
Also 2nd Resurrecion or Beyond Bankai equivalent forms for Aporro, Starrk, Harribel etc in Brave Souls too!

I am 100% certain Yama and Starrk will return, they are too beloved and its gonna be EPIC! Its been so long since ive so extremely excited for a manga series and especially Bleach!

Yama and Starrk are freaking goated and I'm hoping we will see more of Harribel, Ginjo, Tsukishima, Ganju, Kuukaku, Isshin, The Royal Guard MASAKI, the Shibas, KAIEN, Byaiuya grandfather, UNOHANA, GIN, Ishidas grandfather and his dad Ryuuken and so on.

Im not sure if Ywach died, I think he escaped but he could RETURN and I think its been implied he will? So if he doesn't have that Almighty BS nonsense and focuses on his Quincy moves and maybe Yamas Bankai if he still has it, that would be amazing!
Post automatically merged:

Stark > Ulquiorra and Yammy
Legend here^^^

:cheers:

I'm really hoping the Hell will bring them back, there no reason it shouldn't imo.

I was massively disappointed we didn't get Starrk as a Mayuri zombie at least but Yama becoming the literal king of hell and becoming even more dangerous and the most dangerous enemy threat potentially as a possible storyline for him is extremely exciting for me.

I really wanted Starrk to become an ally and I almost dropped Bleach after he died.

I heard the anime is gonna try to make up for TYBW being prematurely cut so brutally and wasted potentially but we'll see.

Given how amazing the bonus chapter was with the Hell arc finally happening canonically and how Kubo completely turned everything upside down, flipped our lives all around or whatever like we're we're ino of Fresh Prince of Bel Air is genuinely fantastic imo.

I felt complete chills, awe, excitement, confusion and horror all from that chapter and its completely shaken up everything we know like the Aizen villsin reveal but turned up to 11.

That massive break did Kubo wonders imo. I had no faith in Bleach and him anymore which wasn't entirely his fault by far ofc, but I feel I really underestimated and disrespected him after that chapter too.

Kubo is an amazing artist especially and extremely stylish too, much like Hirohiro Araki of JJBA for example so I'm immensely excited for the Hell arc.

Also fun fact, Yamamoto (I think), Unohana, Ukitake, Shunsui, AIZEN and others have received CANONICAL BEYOND BANKAI FORMS in Bleach Brave Souls and some of the Bleach novels have a very interesting greater scope and more brutal, cunning villain (Aizens superior in villainy I believe) and new Bankai reveals and such so there is hope for Bleach.
Also 2nd Resurrecion or Beyond Bankai equivalent forms for Aporro, Starrk, Harribel etc in Brave Souls too!

I am 100% certain Yama and Starrk will return, they are too beloved and its gonna be EPIC! Its been so long since ive so extremely excited for a manga series and especially Bleach!

Yama and Starrk are freaking goated and I'm hoping we will see more of Harribel, Ginjo, Tsukishima, Ganju, Kuukaku, Isshin, The Royal Guard MASAKI, the Shibas, KAIEN, Byaiuya grandfather, UNOHANA, GIN, Ishidas grandfather and his dad Ryuuken and so on.

Im not sure if Ywach died, I think he escaped but he could RETURN and I think its been implied he will? So if he doesn't have that Almighty BS nonsense and focuses on his Quincy moves and maybe Yamas Bankai if he still has it, that would be amazing!
Post automatically merged:

Legend here^^^

:cheers:
Quite true, the possibility of them coming back is there and the reason to do it is also there. The only thing that's missing is Kubo's will to do so. Both of their deaths were quite... meh to say the least, with both of them not going all out (yes, I believe that Yamamoto still had a trick up on his sleeve) and Starrk was pretty much messing around. Plus Yamamoto's death was quite anticlimatic imo. They deserve to come back, and if they come back stronger, it's even better.
And I wasn't aware of Yamamoto having something post Bankai and Starrk having a 2nd Resurrection so...

Creating this thread so I'll have a place to write my thoughts on things in this manga that don't warrant their own thread.

Best part of Bleach is definitely it's excellent secondary cast imo. Kubo is good at creating memorable groups and characters. Seeing the Captains and the Espada's and their respective abilities, characters and backstories is the best part of the manga for me.
Aye, Bleach was carried hard by it's character cast cause there was fuck all else going on in this series.

Cast, character designs and superficial style is what mostly held Bleach together.
Arrancars suck in general, either it is Ulquiorra or Grimjhow or Starrk or Harribel. But the best one among them was still Barragan.

The best group is easily Gotei 13, with the other groups (Vizards, Arrancars, Sternritters, Fullbringers) are left far behind.
The Arrancar could have been a lot better if they were more fleshed out but yeah, too many of them are pretty forgettable (e.g. Eye Guy, Yammy the Nappa clone, Tentacle the Hentai protagonist, Mr. Identity Stealer etc.).

Kubo really should have just ended the story at the Arrancar Arc. The Fullbringers and the Sternshitters were not worth continuing the manga for. :rolaugh: