Status
Not open for further replies.
Oda basically handed out L's for almost every group during this arc with a few exceptions, might as well take our L while we're ahead lol. I can thankfully fall back on my Nami simping since she's number 1 and always will be though, but I still think a clown avy will fit me for the time being :josad:
For years I lamented Vivi being left behind in Alabasta.

Now I'm glad, she wouldn't have done anything, anyway. I'd rather her be left behind that see her become Chopper. I don't even hate Chopper's Post Time Skip design, I hate that his forms and attacks all got cutesy and goofy rather than cool. I'm less critical of the series than a lot of people, but... ughhhhh.

Glad Oda took the month break, hope Chopper gets some love in a fight soon.

Zoro left Enma in Wano for Momo, because it was his fathers sword.
Zoro mentions that he feels like he won't be able to use that awesome Haki anymore, like it actually came out of Enma and that he's back to that shitty cooks level
In fact, zoro doesn't even need swords anymore. Unless black blades reveal some super feats, he could just use no swords style with Adv CoC if needed. Or use any other object.

Dats fair. I didn’t like the Ulti fight as a fight but it had a lore of character development and moments which is much better then some of the other fights in Wano
still think Nami with Zeus and Usopp should have 2 vs 1 Uti after P1 got beaten by BM (oda found a way to have the zeus goes into nami's tact before Uti gets knocked down by BM), with both actually using their brain to take the W

Doggo

Welcome to the House of Hope
Her fight against Ulti was more about her standing against unreachable target.
More than fight it was more about character.
Nami saving Zeus was the main reason Ulti get defeated.

Difference between Nami and Ulti was shown to be large. That's why Oda drew the scene of Ulti clashing with Luffy and Yamato to make it more clear.

As Luffy said "you will fall in some way" and that was the same thing shown by Nami.

Nami who can almost die against Ulti , still decided to face her when she hurt Tama was great display of character. There was no point of that scene if Ulti was someone that Nami can defeat easily.

Nami defeating Ulti without outside help could also harm her scene of Nami declaring Luffy will become Pirate king. It's impact Increases more as Ulti is someone Nami can't defeat at this point and Ulti can kill Nami at any point and she still manages to defeat her because she kept fighting and decided to save
Zeus ( the same person who was trying to kill her at the start of raid).

Oda didn't gave any other strawhat power-up so much development. It was literally fours years long. Zeus as a character was better than many wano character. He actually has a it's inner conflict and personality.

Nami helpless was necessary to show the shine of her character. It come across as bad because of both reader and Oda. At this point readers want everyone to look and do badass thing. Everyone should have magical haki and just look cool.

Nami and Zeus combination is better if done well. Actually the best Power-up. Setting aside whole monkey King parallel and it has potential of showing interesting and creative things during fight. But here's come Oda. Oda should not hold back Nami and at recent he is giving too much importance to fight. Maybe readers are starting to affect him and obviously fights are more easy to create hype , no matter how much bland.

Nami vs Ulti or Sanji vs Queen are only two great fights in wano. Actually has everything. From gags to seriousness to character moment. Nami didn't get proper conclusion which Sanji get. That was the only difference.

Sanji arc is in the end and I feel like Nami has more potential of growth now , that's the reason we didn't get proper conclusion, it decreases the hype of future development. Oda likes to do it , just see how was Sanji treated before WCI and Nami isn't even bad. Nami has much better moment than other strawhats. Just like we talk about last time her moments get overshadowed by bad things, most of them aren't Nami fault.

Especially what happened in Wano , something is definitely coming. I don't see heroine getting sidelines in Endgame. Hope I am right , I have too many theory about Nami , let's see.
Honestly man, even though I disagree with your takes, I genuinely appreciate that you feel like this about Nami and can still enjoy her character.
In the end, that's what it counts.
If Oda really has something special planned for Nami during the Final Saga, I ain't against it, quite the contrary. It would definitely please me.
I got hyped for Robin to finally shine for once. Can't hurt Oda giving Nami some much needed love.

Her fight against Ulti was more about her standing against unreachable target.
More than fight it was more about character.
Nami saving Zeus was the main reason Ulti get defeated.

Difference between Nami and Ulti was shown to be large. That's why Oda drew the scene of Ulti clashing with Luffy and Yamato to make it more clear.

As Luffy said "you will fall in some way" and that was the same thing shown by Nami.

Nami who can almost die against Ulti , still decided to face her when she hurt Tama was great display of character. There was no point of that scene if Ulti was someone that Nami can defeat easily.

Nami defeating Ulti without outside help could also harm her scene of Nami declaring Luffy will become Pirate king. It's impact Increases more as Ulti is someone Nami can't defeat at this point and Ulti can kill Nami at any point and she still manages to defeat her because she kept fighting and decided to save
Zeus ( the same person who was trying to kill her at the start of raid).

Oda didn't gave any other strawhat power-up so much development. It was literally fours years long. Zeus as a character was better than many wano character. He actually has a it's inner conflict and personality.

Nami helpless was necessary to show the shine of her character. It come across as bad because of both reader and Oda. At this point readers want everyone to look and do badass thing. Everyone should have magical haki and just look cool.

Nami and Zeus combination is better if done well. Actually the best Power-up. Setting aside whole monkey King parallel and it has potential of showing interesting and creative things during fight. But here's come Oda. Oda should not hold back Nami and at recent he is giving too much importance to fight. Maybe readers are starting to affect him and obviously fights are more easy to create hype , no matter how much bland.

Nami vs Ulti or Sanji vs Queen are only two great fights in wano. Actually has everything. From gags to seriousness to character moment. Nami didn't get proper conclusion which Sanji get. That was the only difference.

Sanji arc is in the end and I feel like Nami has more potential of growth now , that's the reason we didn't get proper conclusion, it decreases the hype of future development. Oda likes to do it , just see how was Sanji treated before WCI and Nami isn't even bad. Nami has much better moment than other strawhats. Just like we talk about last time her moments get overshadowed by bad things, most of them aren't Nami fault.

Especially what happened in Wano , something is definitely coming. I don't see heroine getting sidelines in Endgame. Hope I am right , I have too many theory about Nami , let's see.
I see you still have some hopium left.
Toon piece is only getting ramped up from here :milaugh:

still think Nami with Zeus and Usopp should have 2 vs 1 Uti after P1 got beaten by BM (oda found a way to have the zeus goes into nami's tact before Uti gets knocked down by BM), with both actually using their brain to take the W
I wanted to see Usopp do something which is fair but he really needs something ffs. He hasn’t a fight the whole of post timeskip 🥴

Dont worry. The second coming of jesus is on the horizon. The true righthand of blackbeard will get redeemed soon enough🗣
Which Fruit do you want him to have? There's a lot of possibilities.
-Kaido's Fruit
-Orochi's Fruit
-Jozu's Fruit
-Moria's Fruit

Since Burgess is Blackbeard's right hand man canonically, I think he'll get the Diamond Fruit, since Zoro has references to cutting diamonds.

I also think Shiryu and Burgess will get angry at each other and fight over who's the true right-hand-man, while Zoro and Sanji don't fight over stupid shit like that, to show how the Straw Hats are more united.

I do not accept screentime for fodder while Oda even offscreens important zoro parts

Status
Not open for further replies.