Event Bloody Forest

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the thick bush that covers the land between the two kingdoms, a raging battle is occurring. Long, loud, piercing cries sound ghosting through the trees. Whether it was from victim or victor, only the forest could tell. It is truly a place to make someone veins freeze over. Sickening taste of blood. It is a forest to be avoided.

Grondilier Army Executives

Halfdan
Level 30

30×5=150
Human Bonus: +6 in Strength, Agility, and Vitality | +9 in Fighting Style.
Strength: 35+6=41
Agility: 35+6=41
41×2=82
-Reaction: 41
-Movement: 41
Vitality: 35+6=41
41×2=82
-Endurance: 41
-Resilience: 41
Fighting Style: 45+9=54
54×2=108
-Swordsmanship: 54
-Chains: 54

Amon
Level 25

25×5=125
Human Bonus: +4 in Strength, Agility, and Vitality | +6 in Fighting Style
Strength: 37+4=41
Agility: 37+4=41
41×2=82
-Reaction Agility: 41
-Movement Agility: 41
Vitality: 17+4=21
21×2=42
-Endurance: 21
-Resilience: 21
Fighting Style: 34+6=40
40×2=80
-Swordsmanship: 41
-Gunslinging: 39

knights(34)
Level 15

15×5=75
Strength: 19+2=21
Agility: 19+2=21
21×2=42
-Reaction: 21
-Movement: 21
Vitality: 19+2=21
21×2=42
Fighting Style: 18+3=21
21×2=42
-Brawling: 21
-Swordsmanship: 21

Archers(14)
Level 15

15×5=75
21×2=42
21×2=42
21×2=42
-Bow and Arrow: 21
-Dual Blade: 21

Brackendia Army Executives

Abaddon
Level 30

30×5=150
Demon Bonus: +6 in Strength | +12 in Intellect | +9 in Fighting Style | -6 in Vitality
Strength: 44+6=50[+12 in Devil Trigger]
Agility: 42
42×2=84
-Movement: 43[+18 in Devil Trigger]
Vitality: 47-6=41
41×2=82
-Endurance: 41
-Resilience: 41
Intellectual: 12=12
12×2=24
-Medicine: 24
Fighting Style: 17+9=26
26×2=52
-Swordsmanship: 52

Sophia
Level 25

25×5=125
Human Bonus: +4 in Strength, Agility, and Vitality | +6 in Fighting Style
Strength: 17+4=21
41×2=82
-Reaction Agility: 41
-Movement Agility: 41
21×2=42
Intellect: 24
24×2=48
-Engineering: 48
Fighting Style: 30+6=36
36×2=72
-Bow and Arrow: 51

knights(34)
Level 15

15×5=75
21×2=42
21×2=42
21×2=42
-Brawling: 21
-Swordsmanship: 21

Archers(14)
Level 15

15×5=75
21×2=42
21×2=42
21×2=42
-Bow and Arrow: 21

Troll Giant

Level 32
32×5=160
Giant Bonus: +24 in Strength | +21 in Vitality | -6 in Intellect and Agility
Strength: 37+24=61
Agility: 38-6=32
32×2=64
-Reaction: 42
-Movement: 22
Vitality: 40+21=61
61×2=122
-Endurance: 61
-Resilience: 61
Fighting Style: 45+9=54
54×2=108
-Totem: 61
-Brawling: 44

Fighting for: Grondilier

"Npc talking"
Thinking
"Speaking"
Narration/actions

The stench of blood hit my nose with undeniable force. For a few sections the silence in this part of the wood was broken by me puking my guts out on the forrest floor. Wonderful.. Another beautiful smell to add to the mix. When I managed to catch my breath I wiped my mouth with the back of my hand, it was shaking a little. Thankfully it didn't look like anyone was around to witness my moment of weakness.

It seems it was worth it to try and enter the forrest in a spot that didn't seem to be occupied at the moment. Having pretty much just arrived at the battleground, I still felt somewhat amazed at what I had gotten myself into.

Not long after leaving behind the Revolutionary training base, I didn't really get to enjoy my new life of piracy for long. Actually, pretty much not at all. First island I came to, after a very difficult ship voyage that made me acutely aware of how lousy a sailor I am. I got myself drafted the moment I stepped foot on dry land. The possible rewards seemed good, and when truth had to be told.. Fighting was pretty much my only useful skill.

I didn't care which side was in the right.. First come first served. I knew when I took this job that there were far stronger enemies in the world. Some of them are outright monsters and gods compared to myself. So I needed to fight, to grow stronger. I am going to raise hell when I'm good and ready.

I realised that I had been daydreaming for a few minutes without taking proper stock of my surrounding, a big rookie mistake. I lifted my gaze and swept it from side to side taking in the sight. What an aboslute reckless fool I am.. Have I forgotten all my training just because I'm he... "What!?" The rest of my thoughts were interuppted and I couldn't help let out an exclamation at what I spotted a few yards to the left. It was a severed head... Hanging from a tree.. Rather a branch had been struck through the neck and out its mouth. Blood had mostly dried at this point, but it had dripped down the branch and made a spot on the ground.

I felt myself getting sick again, the taste of bile in my mouth absolutely revolting. But I swallowed it down as I started walking with shaking steps away from this spot.

Well.. I'm here, lets find someone to kill so I can earn my keep and get the hell away from here.

Last edited:
Name: Malcolm Heseltine.
Epithet: “the Red Baron.”
Height: 8 ft.

Appearance: Praise be to Wikipedia.

Personality: A physically imposing individual, Malcolm is proud man who enjoys adventure and battle from the bottom of his heart. He seeks out the greatest thrills to be found both on and off the battlefield. Malcolm firmly believes that an individual must earn their own rewards in life and holds little respect for those who he considers to leech off of the successes of others.

His lust for battle and his archaic manner of speech, a hangover from his noble upbringing, have earned him the epithet of "the Red Baron".

Background: Originally from a family of low ranking nobility, Malcolm held an adventurous streak even from a young age. Treating the formal events and fake niceties of nobility with nothing but disdain, Malcolm often instead sought out merchants for stories of daring deeds and tales of lands far beyond the mundane cobblestones of his native island. As soon as he became of adult age, Malcolm renounced his noble birthright to his father's face, left the island as a deckhand aboard a merchant vessel and never looked back. For years, Malcolm has adventured across the seas and fought numerous battles, always seeking greater thrills regardless of the peril.

Now, he has been hired as a mercenary to participate in a war between two kingdoms. The reason for this conflict is but of passing interest to him. The only things of importance to Malcolm is that there is blood to be spilled, battles to be fought, fortunes to be earned and adventure to be experienced.

Level 25
25 × 5 = 125
Human Bonus: +4 in Strength, Agility, and Vitality | +6 in Fighting Style.
Strength: 37+4=41
41×2 = 82
-Movement: 41
21×2=42
Fighting Style: 19+6=25
25×2=50
-Ittoryu/Nitoryu: 50
Narrating
Thinking
"Talking"

Standing at the edge of the Grondilier war camp, a lone individual observed his surroundings. What laid before him was easily the most moral sapping landscape he had ever laid eyes upon throughout all his adventures.

Between the thick grey clouds that smothered the sun's rays and innumerable mighty pine trees that rose far above his own head, as if attempting to desperately claw their way to the heavens' precious warmth, the land was blanketed in a perpetual gloom.

Exacerbating this oppressive atmosphere were the metaphorical and literal remains of previous battles. Broken weapons, shattered shields, discarded helmets, dark crimson blotches staining the shallow layer of snow and the ever lingering smell of rot and death.

As his eyes drank in every detail and his nostrils consumed the sickeningly tainted air, the man could not help how his heart rate rose, how his breath quickened or how his hands shook ever so slightly.

But none of these minute changes were fuelled by fear.

They were fuelled by anticipation.

It hath been far too long since mine blades last tasted the flesh of mine foes.

Indeed, a Bloody Forest was perhaps a most appropriate place for the one known as the Red Baron. By day's end, this forest would undoubtedly get that much bloodier.

Finalbeta

Science Nerd 🌌 🌍 🧬 ⚛️

Fighting for: Grondilier Participating in: Bloody Forest

Jaster, a fellow Grondilier swordsman, had just approached the impervious battleground, keen to find out what fate would preserve him. His spunky, proud and domineering personality was more a quality than a deficiency, it had served him well till that moment.

A future event during which blood would have been relentlessly poured, and unavoidable scenes of appalling, horrifying despair, desperation and suffering would have echoed across the fronts was disguised in a garb of a landscape in the midst of a fog.

Jaster was not blood-thirsty per nature, yet under peculiar circumstances, the slumbering devil lying within him would have roused as fiercefully as human understanding's threshold would permit.

Driven by his flaming eargerness, Jaster moved his feet venturing into the intricacies of the place, looking forward to unsheathing his longsword.

Dawn was here, it was bright and he was able to hear the first hideous noises.

It had commenced! The biggest battle he had ever dabbled in!

Monkey Monkey, The Ningen Slayer

Ook Ook Kaak Eeek Niiin Ningeeen !!! (I am Prof. Utonium, friend and translator of the Ningen Slayer. He is greeting y'all and signing up for this game !! We are pleased to make your acquaintance.)

Name: Monkey Monkey
Epithet: Ningen Slayer
Bounty: ???
Faction: Pirate and Bounty Hunter
Race: Humandrill (Species: Chimpanzee)
Height: 3 ft. 6 in.
Weight: 69 pounds

Translator and Friend Name: Professor Utonium
Epithet: Samurai Jack
Bounty: ???
Affiliations: A samurai, the Gorosei Gandi's son, and a former scientist from Vegapunk's squad.
Race: Human
Height: 5 ft. 10 in.
Weight: 150 pounds

Background:
Monkey Monkey was born on Boyn Archipelago. Not much is currently known about his origin or exact species but Prof. Utonium claims he met 'em on Boyn Archipelago and the monkey insisted to follow the fellow.

However, a resident of that island, Montblanc Heracles'n, claims that the ancient relics on Archipelago's caves left by Joy D. Boy, and Montblanc Nolan D. Boy hinted at an upcoming monkey from this island that will be an ancient weapon of mass destruction, similar to the ancient elephant of Zou: Zunisha.

Prof. Utonium understood this very well and believed that this monkey is none other than Monkey D. Monkey - the fateful chosen weapon - thus decides to accompany him on a grand pirate adventure and keep an eye on him. He just does not know yet....

Little does he know this is just a regular troublemaker monkey...or is he??

Certainly seems like a Pokemon, or so does the people that met him say.

Family:
Not much is known about Monkey Monkey's family except that he has 2 older brothers.

One on Whitebeard's alliance, known as Gol D. Ape

The other on Shank's crew, known as Bonabo

It appears that on birth the 3 of them looked similar, but a horrid experiment failure happened sometime during Monkey Monkey's adventure with Prof. Utonium, which mutated him and made him lose his memories.

Prof. Utonium and Monkey Monkey's relation:
The experiment done on Monkey Monkey was in actuality done by Prof. Utonium himself and aimed to gigantify animals, as a method to awaken the weapon within the monkey. The experiment failed however because of the quarrel of Ceasar Clown and Vegapunk, leading the Chemical X vessel to break and leak into the experiment vessel.

The experiment resulted in expanding Monkey Monkey's brain, making him 10 times more intelligent but others aren't aware yet. Seeing as how this poor monkey got mutated, Prof. Utonium took on the alias Samurai Jack and left Vegapunk's lab with the mutated monkey, and made a vow to return and destroy Vegapunk and Ceasar Clown.

As he grew, Monkey Monkey was always concerned why he looked different than other monkeys, and Samurai Jack eventually felt the need to tell him the full story. Monkey Monkey now vows to destroy all of Prof. Utonium, Vegapunk, and Ceasar Clown, but little does the poor monkey knows that Samurai Jack = Prof. Utonium is actually his life savior.

Samurai Jack has been able to slowly but surely understand Monkey Monkey's language and vice versa. However it has been a long dream of Monkey Monkey to take on a human form and speak directly with humans as he destroys them. Therefore he always kept his eyes on the Hito no mi: Model Human that Jack told him about, and it's the only reason he is remotely interested in this game.

The two of them have become quiet an iconic remarkable duo and overcame many challenges together. Monkey Monkey still does not know that Samurai Jack and Prof. Utonium are the same person. His memories of his old professor friend are very faint due to the experiment.

Ningen Slayer title:
The Ningen Slayer title is solely obtained from how a mere monkey slays ningens left and right. It has impressed even marines of the caliber of PwnGoat, the supreme commander goat pet of Sengoku.

His dream bounty has always been to attain the number 1337, 666, 420. 69 Beli

Ningen Slayer's Stats:
Ningen Slayer became extremely intelligent after the experiment failure, an anomaly amongst the Humandrills. He possesses normal strength and vitality for a monkey of his size and age, but he has a fighting skill of holding a gun and sometimes a sword.

In reality, Samurai Jack does most of the fighting for now, of course until Ningen Slayer awakens his powers.

Level 20:
20*5 = 100

Humandrill bonus: (+3 Strength,+3 Vitality, +2 Agility, +3 Fighting Style, -3 Intellect) (+1 strength, +1 vitality, +2 Agility, +2 Fighting Style, +4 Intellect) for each 10 levels.

Strength = 0 + 2*1 = 2

Agility = 0 + 2*2 = 4
4*2 = 8
- Movement Speed = 1
- Reaction Speed = 7

Vitality = 0 + 2*1 = 2
2*2 = 4
- Resilience = 1
- Endurance = 3

Fighting Skill = 10 + 2*2 = 14
14*2 = 28
- Marksmanship = 20
- Swordsmanship = 8

Intellect = 90 +2*4 = 98
98*2 = 196
- IQ = 190
- Beast Mastery (ancient weapon awaken) = 6

Haki = ???

Samurai Jack's Stats:
Samurai Jack is both a scientist and a samurai, and is balanced at that. His genius is nowhere near Monkey Monkey, however, he possess decent fighting skills and capabilities.

Level 20:
20*5 = 100

Human Bonus: (+2 Vitality, +2 Agility, +2 Strength, +3 That can be put anywhere) for each level. He choses to split the +3 as +1 into Intellect and +2 into fighting style

Strength = 10 + 2*2 = 14

Agility = 30 + 2*2 = 34
34*2 = 68
- Movement Speed = 28
- Reaction Speed = 40

Vitality = 10 +2*2 = 14
19*2 = 38
- Resilience = 15
- Endurance = 23

Fighting Style = 20 + 2*2 = 24
24*2 = 48
- Sworsmanship = 24
- Rokushiki (Rankyaku main) = 24

Intellect = 30 + 2*1 = 32
32*2 = 64
- Navigation = 5
- Medicine/Experimentation = 61

Haki = ???

narration
"characters talking"
"characters thinking"
character actions

*Munch* *Chomp* *Chomp* *Swallow*,
- "The fruits growing here ain't bad eh, Monkey?"
- "Eeek AAAAK oookoook Ningeenns!!!"
- "Yes I know, its quiet a bit of ningens down there. I'm getting an uneasy feeling about this..."

Samurai Jack and Monkey Monkey looked at the field from atop of a tall tree whose fruits seemed edible. It didn't take long before they noticed multiple other people arriving at the area and Monkey was able to sense blood shed incoming...

- "The tavern merchant said this is where the Hito Hito no Mi would be, but I can only see bunch of old trees here. Perhaps one of the people below is carrying it.."
- "Okaakaak!!"
- "A giant?? where??"
*Monkey Monkey points toward a thick bush*

A giant was there, resting on the bush. You could easily mistake him for a gaint fallen dead tree trunk if you aren't paying it enough attention.

- *Gulp* "This is not gonna end well... what have I signed up for..."
- "Eik eik eik eik eiiii"
- "What are you laughing at, you bastard bonobo..."

To them this was just another dangerous adventure they venture in. They are facing enemies far beyond their league, but its nothing unusual. They get in, get what they want and get out. If they put their minds to it, sometimes this duo feels unstoppable. Armed with wits and love for explorations, the duo enters another adventure...

Narration
"Speech"
Thoughts
Action

Brackendia Army

A man flickered his eyes at the tree placed around him. The air felt perfect, and it made him wonder again about the weather of the place. Some things here were too good to be true, his enemies were nowhere to be on the sight. He knew that but had no explanation. The trees were tall with sturdy trunks, packed tightly together. The air around him had a greenish, muted hue, as if only several minutes of twilight remained in the day.

It was somehow beautiful and alarming, all at once.

"Nobody in their right mind come to this place for a war." The figure recited these words. He was a man that fed on battle hunger, hostility, and blood. And now he with such a small army, fourteen Archers, thirty-four Knights, and one executive, has waged war on the kingdom called Grondilier and is towards to attain a crushing victory. But at the same time this man hinted at the possibility of defeat, he wasn't scared, instead, he had appeared like a true warrior. The never-ending chaos would only bring strength to the Army of Brackendia.

"Sir Abaddon Please wait!" A female voice yelled at the figure that was walking in the forest. Her voice was like a knight reporting her name on the battlefield, and hearing her voice, the Abaddon turned around slowly.

His black colored eyes spotted Sophia: "Do you have some report?"

"Of course sir!" There was a determined look in her sapphire eyes. "Grondilier forces have started the invasion from the gates. The main general is probably there as well. In order to be victorious, we must finish our enemy as quickly as possible and head to the kingdom before they take control of the castle. If this happens, we lose."

Despite the news from Sophia, Abaddon just stood by the tree. Sophia thought he was planning something, but he seemed to have not taken the news very seriously.

“Sophia, you should not worry about them, the one on command there is a real monster. No matter how strong a situation he's put in, no one will able to hold him down." Abaddon replied to her with a smile, "Either way, we should not be at ease. The battle about to take place, make sure everyone to be prepared for this confrontation. Now dismiss."

Grondilier Army

Soldiers would begin getting into position manned by division commanders, dressed in their armors head to toe, with thick slabs of steel and certain ones with quivers and bow's. They'd make way before the foul and omen looking forest.

The forest itself would drive away monsters that would tuck their tails between their legs and flee. This was a task not for the faint of hearts. The trees before them would go sky high with them creaking give a feel of eerie shivers down the spine. The smell of blood that would envelop the entire forest was foul enough to drive people away. This was nothing but like them stories you hear in fairytales. Cries could be heard of those who had departed.

The soldiers themselves were uncertain and hesitant. A thud, thud and thud! could be heard as a large man would take to the forefront before the forest, taking a whiff knocking back the smell.

" Would you look at that, huh. Smells like Grondilier territory " he would roar just enough to be heard over the cries of the damned. This was none other than Halfdan one of the chief's and Grondilier Executives.

The forest quieted down and became dead quite for a moment as another spoke up.

" Sir, i believe we caught the attention of some who want to fight for us " a feminine voice would be heard.

' Hmm, have we. This is interesting ' he would think to himself then head back to the forefront of the army.

Halfdan would look at the soldiers who was going to embrace the forest in brackendia blood, guts and organs to be smothered and painted. He'd grin and begin to march forward ' I won't lose to any of these we caught the attention of. '

@Beerbottle @Owl Ki @Finalbeta @Go D. Usopp ™

"Npc talking"
Thinking
"Speaking"
Narration/actions
I'm an idiot for running off half-cocked like that.. I silently berated myself as I neared the Grondilier camp. It had been a moment of misplaced confidence that had made made me think it a good idea to enter the forrest before the other troops had started to move. Seeing the aftermath of previous battles in the forrest had sobered me up quite nicely. Seeing a severed head earlier hadn't been the end of it, the longer I ran in the forrest, the worse it got. So now I'm back.. Oh I do hope nobody sees the metaphorical tail I've got between my legs dammit.

Sneaking back into the army camp without anyone noticing me. Was pretty much an impossible thought when I stood so much taller than most men at 11ft. So I strolled as confidently as I could. Just as I got to the edge of the warcamp I noticed a very imposing man standing at the front of the troops surveying the landscape. He looks important.. Strong too actually, I'm guessing thats Halfdan then. I was standing a bit too far away to make out what he said. Hoping it wasn't terribly important. Though looking around, I noticed an old man not too far away from myself that didn't seem like he was one of the regular soldiers. What a ridiculous hat he's wearing, though.. I suppose he looks imposing enough, not as much as Halfdan, but thats just to be expected. I raised a hand in greeting as I called out to him "So.. You a mercenary too"?

@Owl Ki

As the lone figure stood statuesque at the edge of the Grondilier Camp, he took notice of the steadily increasing activity of the Grondilier soldiers. This activity culminated in a physically imposing individual, his footsteps heavy, coming to place himself at the front of the gathered soldiers, as if making himself the spear tip of this army.

This individual was Halfdan, leader of the Grondilier forces in this battlefront. The man was built like a bipedal bear and looked as sturdy as an oak tree. Despite the heavy tunic and thick fur coat he was wearing, it was clear to all present that this man was a wall of walking muscle, ready and eager to use his powerful frame to tear his enemies apart.
" Would you look at that, huh. Smells like Grondilier territory " he would roar just enough to be heard over the cries of the damned. This was none other than Halfdan one of the chief's and Grondilier Executives.
Well, he verily doth seem to be a most boisterous fellow. Tis good that we are to be led by one who revels in battle so. Hopefully, he hath wit to match his strength.

Though looking around, I noticed an old man not too far away from myself that didn't seem like he was one of the regular soldiers. What a ridiculous hat he's wearing, though.. I suppose he looks imposing enough, not as much as Halfdan, but thats just to be expected. I raised a hand in greeting as I called out to him "So.. You a mercenary too"?

@Owl Ki
Turning his attention away from Halfdan, the lone man looked to this newcomer who had called out to him. He looked like a young man, at least half of his own age.

Tis a good bit taller than mineself too. He hath at least three feet on me.

Chuckling in a good natured manner, the lone man looked up to much taller individual and offered a cheeky smile along with a slight tip of the hat.

"Indeed I am mine fine comrade. Malcolm be mine name. Adventure be mine aim."

Returning his right hand to join it's left counterpart behind his back, Malcolm posed his own query to this stranger.

"To whom do I owe the pleasure of this meeting?"

Standing in front of the army of Brackendia Abaddon eyes were directed at his soldiers. At first glance, to Sophia, it looked. What kind of messed up plan would that black hair devil make next?

Abaddon gazed forward he decided to get the ball rolling, "I'm certain many of you aren't in the agreement to lay your life in this fight. That's why to win this, we'll create chaos to take the advantage of our enemy by distracting them."

"How would we do that sir?" At those words coming from one of the soldiers, Abaddon leaked out a smile.

"Yes, I will now elaborate on the plan to take down our enemies with lesser casualties. The objective of this plan is to find the Troll Giant that lives in this bloody forest."

"Huh?"

"Troll Giant?!"

"Yes, you have heard right. I will explain now how we intend to use that giant. Allow me to show you this,"

He took out a pistol-like weapon. It was a signal flare. From what they understand, after being fired, the barrels are discarded and need to be replaced before being capable of use again. He pointed signal flare towards the soldiers, "This signal flare main purpose for us is long-distance communication. Every squad will be getting one and we will use it as a way to inform our comrades how the situation is going on our end."

"Sophia..." Sophia spread the chart in her hands to show everyone to respond to Abaddon's word. It was a chart where strategies he drew on a map

"The main force will form a semicircle. Although we are gonna be spread out, make sure to stay within the eyesight of someone on all sides, at a fixed distance from one another. The idea is to spread our range as far as possible. There are chances that one of you will encounter the Troll Giant. Upon sighting that troll giant, you'll fire a red smoke signal. The one sees that should relay it by firing one of the same colors. After we determine the position of the troll giant, I will fire the green smoke signal, which will indicate we are at safe distance. If you spotted Grondilier army soldiers, you'll fire a purple smoke. Blue smoke will indicate that certain areas possess danger for Brackendia army." He exhaled a deep, deep sigh. "And finally Yellow flare, I am the only one who will be using this flare. This lets everyone know that that your fight here has been terminated, be it successfully or failed "

Still though winning against Grondilier using this method alone, was just like an apple flying upwards, an impossible feat. It is a situation where the slightest mistake would cost everything, however, Abaddon intends to depend on this modus operandi with full trust and confidence.

"All right. Anyone else got a question?"

A sigh leaked from Sophia's lips. She was not convinced of Abaddon's pan, yet was impressed by he was able to give a tiny bit of hope to all these soldiers.

Finalbeta

Science Nerd 🌌 🌍 🧬 ⚛️
Jaster was enthralled by the hyperbolic opportunity bestowed upon him to prove himself. Swordsmen are well renowned for being very trusting of faring well.

The battleground was hiding several snares and pitfalls but no pressure would have gotten the better of Jaster.

Along the road, Jaster spotted a massive, ginormous tree on his north flank. As he drew nearer, he witnessed two life forms standing near the gargantuan tree, trying to collect some fruit. They were two Grondilier warriors. For a moment Jaster had suspected they were not allies, but he managed to discern their side crystal clearly by looking at their vessels. That was not groundbreaking, both literally and figuratively, since the territory Jaster was nesting in was still quite close the original Grondilier maincamp.

"Hey there!" Jaster shrieked. @Go D. Usopp ™
Waiting for his fellow Grondiliers to beckon him, Jaster noticed an ominous yet friendly aura. It was Halfdan's, Elite Executive of the Grondilier army.

The gigantic man had just mustered his fellow soldiers to take on the Brackendia side. He was sharpening his mastodonic sword ready to spell the end of the opposite battle side alongside his fellow warriors.

Grondiler Army

As Halfdan was at the precipice of charging into the forest instead he had an itch that he couldn't reach but prepared a preparation of preparation that the Brackendia would have been alerted to.

He would stop then turn back " Amon, grab thee that have come to aid us " as Amon bowed and darted into the direction of a man he's not seen before. Amon dressed in his tunic, trousers with some armor-plated around him. Though he was very nimble but was a formidable soldier under Halfan.

Amon would take a note of the first 11-foot large man, @Beerbottle " You, come to the front on the east side of the camp. " He then darted before noting another with a beard and dressed in a black cloak with red patterns on it. @Owl Ki " I need you to come to the front to the east side of the camp. "

As Amon darted here and there the army looked anxious with the whispers of the damned with a creepy and creaky forest before them. Halfdan was waiting taking note of the forest before them and the weather. To him, he took heed of the soldiers well being and a batch of new soldiers. Though Amon who darted around another soldier was tasked with bringing the other two @Finalbeta and @Go D. Usopp ™ to come to the east side of the camp before the forest.

The soldiers that were told to come to the east side of the camp were a special division to be headed by Amon as Halfdan was going to go lead the soldiers to take the eyes off the group headed by Amon.

Halfdan noted that enough time had passed and walked into the forest as his soldiers proceeded to step into the forest with his final words being " Stay close men "

@Owl Ki @Beerbottle @Finalbeta @Go D. Usopp ™ @Noctis

"Indeed I am mine fine comrade. Malcolm be mine name. Adventure be mine aim."

Returning his right hand to join it's left counterpart behind his back, Malcolm posed his own query to this stranger.

"To whom do I owe the pleasure of this meeting?"
.. I almost burst out laughing, but tried to keep my face somewhat proper. Then I failed.. "bwhahaha... I'm sorry, I really am". I pinched the bridge of my nose with my right hand as I gave him an apologetic smile. "You must think me terribly rude, but I've just come back from the forrest, my nerves were frayed, my stomach upset.. Wondering if I've been utterly foolhardy in coming here". I stop and tries to take a second to sort my thoughts, lest he'd think I was running away. Now that would be dangerous indeed. Was the chilling thought that ran through my mind. "I'm not trying to pull out of this, I'm merely saying the reality of the situation finally became clear to me, and I'll fight and kill until I'm dripping with the blood of my enemies". "My point being, I just didn't expect to meet someone at least twice my age, and you being so damn chipper". "Its nice, thank you.. The name is Kyria"

I wanted to tell him more.. Going from pretty much terrified and somber to laughing had made feel immense relief.. It was hard to explain, but even though this battle were only in the very early stages for us mercenaries. I felt happy that I could still feel happy in this dreary place. However. Before I could actually tell him more, a fierce longhaired blonde man came my way. This must be Amon I guess, so he's also my superior.. He doesn't look as impressive as Halfdan. I would of course never tell him that. A superior is to be respected, unless he does something absolutely braindead. He came up to me as he said:
" You, come to the front on the east side of the camp. "
I gave him a nod, I am merely a mercenary and really didn't feel like saluting him yet. I turned on my heel and stalked towards the front of the east side of the camp.

As I started to walk, I could have sworn I heard Amon say a similar message to the old man. Malcolm was it? Well something is going on.. This might get interesting.

.. I almost burst out laughing, but tried to keep my face somewhat proper. Then I failed.. "bwhahaha... I'm sorry, I really am". I pinched the bridge of my nose with my right hand as I gave him an apologetic smile.
His initial smile still on his lips though somewhat diminished, Malcolm quirked a solitary inquiring eyebrow at the laughing man's seemingly odd behavior and decided it was best to give this fellow a few moments to collect himself.
"You must think me terribly rude, but I've just come back from the forrest, my nerves were frayed, my stomach upset.. Wondering if I've been utterly foolhardy in coming here". I stop and tries to take a second to sort my thoughts, lest he'd think I was running away. Now that would be dangerous indeed. Was the chilling thought that ran through my mind. "I'm not trying to pull out of this, I'm merely saying the reality of the situation finally became clear to me, and I'll fight and kill until I'm dripping with the blood of my enemies". "My point being, I just didn't expect to meet someone at least twice my age, and you being so damn chipper". "Its nice, thank you.. The name is Kyria"
Malcolm's smile returned full force at the now self identified Kyria.

Hoho. This one is indeed an honest fellow. Most men would put up a flaccid facade of faux bravery to meaninglessly prop themselves up but this individual doth wear his heart on his sleeve. However could I think thee rude for being honest with me mine comrade?

Seeing as how Kyria had made himself out to be good company, Malcolm made an attempt to respond but...
Amon would take a note of the first 11-foot large man, @Beerbottle " You, come to the front on the east side of the camp. " He then darted before noting another with a beard and dressed in a black cloak with red patterns on it. @Owl Ki " I need you to come to the front to the east side of the camp. "
Drat. Just when lady fate had granted me fine company, so to doth she take it away again. What a fickle mistress she be.

Sighing at this interruption, Malcolm turned to Kyria for a quick word before the battle.

"It doth appear that the whimsicul vicissitudes of fate have demanded that our meeting be cut short, so I shall end our encounter with a parting query for thee to ponder on, for I expect that the answer to mine query shall be of more use to thee than me."

Malcolm paused for a moment on how best to word his question before continuing.

"Throughout mine travels, whenever it comes to battle, I have found that there are typically two types of warrior. There are those that fight because they believe that they must and those who fight simply because they want to. Mine query is this; which art thou Kyria? Doth thou fight because thou must or because thou desires to?"

Having said his piece, Malcolm casually made his way to the instructed location, giving Kyria time alone to ponder this question.

Finalbeta

Science Nerd 🌌 🌍 🧬 ⚛️
As Jaster was continuing to walk, he heard the stately voice of Amon, fiery Grondilier Executive mandated by Halfdan to conduct some of the Grondilier soldiers into the deepth of the forest, in order for the battle to ultimately commence. Jaster had approached the east side of the camp and with grand impetuosity, he drew nearer approaching the Executive.

"My longsword is about to be stained with blood for thee and the whole Grondilier side, of which I pridefully constitute part, with great gratitude. I shall unleash my frenzy to vanquish the enemy in a blazing rampage. In the battleground, words are charade and action is the only facade, the one to borne fruit. It is high time, the hour has come and we are about to barge in, a carnage is ineluctable."

The swordsman was purring for the incessant wait, waiting for a command, any action mark.

Tension was overall exuding, but Jaster was not much tense. His self confident being had always proved valid, making him victorious throughout the vicious battles he had experienced during his swordsman career. Light-heartedness mixtured with mindfulness and potency, Jaster's most successful scaffolding.

The forest was growing louder and louder and the fog was relentlessly tickening. The uncanny, eerie scenario was properly depicting the general moment and situation.

Only one winner, the last remnant, death to reach both sides either way, this was the prospect.

Status
Not open for further replies.