Speculations BMP won't partcipate at the Onigashima fight. Linlin "betrayal".

Will the BMP participate in the war?

• Total voters
Don't where to put it really,so I just created a thread for it. Feel free to move it.

Now,as per the title,I don't think the BMP will partcipate in the war. When they learn about the port it will be too late for the alliance between the two crews.

There isn't any profound reason right now and it is a little premature,but anyway.
Beast pirates and the alliance we follow since PH have just about the same number of significant characters.
Let's see who are they below :

Luffy's side :
10 SH
9 scabbards(Izo is included but not Shinobu)
Marco
Law
Kid
Killer

TOTAL :23

Kaidou's side:
9 strongest BP members *
9-10 numbers
Kanjuro
Fukurokuju
The boss of mimawarigumi(the samurai that is seen sitting next to Orochi)
Apoo
Yamato**

Total: 22-23/24**

Wild cards :Drake* is an important marine member,he won't fall down and surely won't side with Kaidou.
Yamato** We don't know if he is a strong member or not(though I personally doubt he is ) so he isn't outright counted.
Hawkins:If he is alive (which most likely is the case knowing Oda ) then he will also might play a role.

Of course these are too many characters to get clean dedicated 1vs1 ,but nonetheless both sides are about equal in the heavy hitters.

Let it be clear that this,doesn't take into account the possibility that Neko brought with him other allies outside of Izo and the Marco,however I don't think it make sense to bring allies just to face the BMP and not the beast pirates at all. Better to take BMP out as a whole to reduce the number of characters and make the arc less clustered
That is where BM "betrayal" comes in play. I put it inside quotation marks,because it isn't straight up betrayal,but that is what it would be seen as. In the latest chapter BM saw Chopper. This is vital. Either she wants to eat Chopper and she gets her hunger pangs, weakening Kaidou's side on the side or as the meme she is ,she returns to her OLIN form and still deals damage to the beast pirates under the control of general Choppah.

Haven't thought an aftermath really,but either way I see BM dealing damage to Kaidou's side,ending the alliance and leaving the arc before she appear in Elbaf for the last time,where Luffy will beat her ass (figuratively) all over the New world as he promised on FI.

Sorry for the messy text.

Last edited:
Nah. It will ruin the whole plot of Kaido and Big Mom's alliance to be honest. I know the pirates alliance usually end in betrayal but I honestly can't see this one play out:kayneshrug:
It is no coincidence though that Oda brought this back

Wouldn't make sense if it didn't come in fruition.

Plus BMP bring too many characters on the table.
If the alliance has to deal with BMP as well it gets too thinned. At least if Linlin weaken the Beast pirates somehow it makes more sense and ut provides some fresh air for the alliance who will have to face an emperor full force.

Garp the Fist

Bwahahahaha
โ€Ž
Seems right to me.

The BM Pirates have always been a weird presence this arc. They were here, but they had nothing to do with the place. Big Mom was given a plot, but they weren't. And it never made much sense that Oda was going to give them real fights.

So my question for a good while now has been "how's Oda going to deal with them?" And we've just had our answer. Marco's booted them out of the sky and told em by the time they can get themselves back up the world is going to have totally changed. That's it, role in Wano mostly done, they can pick up BM after the fights and run away to Elbaf.

The BMP can be best described as a little virus that snuck it's way into this arc, where it never belonged in the first place.

There was never a plot reason for them to be here, proven by the fact that Oda let them sit down the waterfall for a week. He has no idea what to do with them.

The only character he "needs" is Big mom, because she has a specific role to play, after that is done, I'm afraid Oda is just tossing them aside.

I will call it now that Big mom, after Wano, will be on good terms with the crew, especially chopper, maybe even revert back to her O-Lin state completely. This means that she has no desire to become PK anymore and Oda successfully would've managed to take two Yonkou out of the PK race, without having to beat them in combat.

Just my two cents :kayneshrug:

Also just wanna say almost every single person from the alliance has already been planed from the start just to deal with kaidos crew
The only real unexpected ones have been kid and jinbe and thats not enough of an upgrade to defeat a whole other yonko
Also. Even after they knew off Big mom everyone's always talking about defeating Kaido, not Kaido and Big mom

Maybe. But here are 3 hard reasons why the alliance will work:

(1) The Revival of Rox. The whole point of BM/Kaido was that Rox was coming back. Akainu told Fujitora "Stop talking as if they're a legend." Garp was mentioning that they should let it play through.

I suspect Weevil & Bakkin are involved with Rox as well. Bakkin was a part of Rox. Editors mentioned "something cool" will happen with Weevil.

The whole Marco vs. Weevil thing was because of Rox, the same reason Big Mom and Kaido allied.

(2) Smoothie & co. didn't get proper fights in WCI. Oda did this with Curly Straw Hat crew as well, where 1/2 of the crew didn't get a chance in DR, so he brought them to WCI.

(3) Big Mom and BMPS are a meme at this point. Luffy got the poneglyph rubbing and "win" and like they said last chapter, he "spat" in their face. Is Oda really going to bring them along 3 arcs in a row as main villains? I think like many, people have always tied Shanks to Elbaf, mainly due to their Viking theme. After Wano, a half-assed BM crew is just too weak for SHs.

I do think (2) and (3) are good points but they can be argued against. (1) seems indestructible at this point, especially with them mentioning "Big Mom and Kaido's bounties" surpass Roger and Whitebeard individually. There is too much Rox hype:

This alliance has been hyped for almost 100 chapters, mainly by Big Mom herself saying "let's get along like old times".

Last edited:
If there is meant to be a betrayal it likely won't happen at Onigashima but afterwards. The initial stages of the plan will always look favourable and tilt towards the protagonists. The BMP are just temporarily put aside so Oda caon concentrate on fleshing out all the Beast Pirates and their associated plotlines without having to worry about inserting the BMP into the mix.

Once the Raid fails and everything blows up beyond Onigashima, watch the BMP becoming relevant again (somewhat).

Man. You're underestimating Samurai and Mink. Though they definitely not be as strong as Supernova, imho, they would show why each of them has their reputation (Mink as well-known warrior race and Wano's Samurai that even make Hot-Headed Fleet Admiral Akainu act meticulously).
Oda won't write Wano Arc just to tainted samurai reputation.

There is also another wildcard.
If all of Ex WB's Captains still alive and was accompany Marco to Wano, then they would add more power to face Yonkou.
Ex WB Pirates, if they are still alive, are pretty much like Yonkou crew without The Yonkou.
In reality, BM also doesn't bring her full elite crew to Wano.

Also, knowing typical Oda that could bring a lot of things out of nothing, anything can happen.
Imho, there are still pretty big chance BM Pirates will involve, eventhough they may arrive pretty late as story progress.

Seth

๐Š๐จ๐ค๐ฎ๐ญ๐จ ๐’๐ก๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ฎ๐ข
โ€Ž
It's hard to tell rn. If Cracker and Katakuri are not coming to Wano I can't imagine Smoothie solo trying to prove the haters wrong:kayneshrug:
Not gonna lie Smoothie just get into that Kimono and I will reconsider my opinion on BMP role in Wano:steef: