Theory Boa Hancock on the Sunny

Do you think Hancock will join?

• Total voters
Why Boa Hancock will be the Tenth Senior Officer of the Straw Hat Pirates:

This overall theory touches over multiple things that are possible; but the main three things I will talk about is on how she will join, her purpose on the crew, and the dynamic patterns that serve as evidence.

1. How she will join

In Egghead Island, we all know the tension between York and the Seraphim is getting very intense and the fight will only keep getting insane with the Marines arriving. They need more backup and this is where Boa, the Kuja Pirates, and the Grand Fleet join in.

You may be thinking, why would Boa come out of nowhere? Well she’s not. In chapter 1059, she states that she wants Luffy back and it is implied that she is actively trying to find him due to the fact that he can give her and her island protection as a yonko. And before you say, “she and her island can just join the Grand Fleet”, well that didn’t work out well because she has a giant poster of Luffy as the centerpiece of her island and both Blackbeard and the Marines still attacked her. Even if a centerpiece isn’t equal to protection we have to remember that Luffy’s crew isn’t the strongest out there, and Boa herself directly said as long as she’s on the island, it will continue to be attacked. With Morgans about to leak that Luffy is on Egghead, Boa will most likely want to set sail out to there and that’s the basic set up for her to join.

There is also the matter of Jimbei’s toast. He was initially going to get a toast in Wano but Kinemon interrupted. Haven’t you wondered why Oda didn’t want to write it after Wano was done? It was for a reason, so that the two former warlords can have a toast together.

2. Her purpose on the crew

I have seen many people with their main argument against Hancock on the main crew is that she doesn’t have an actual role. However, I have came up with a possible role for her that fit in line with her character.

Hear me out: Hancock could be a quartermaster. Similar to Jinbei’s helmsman role, It is another role that a pirate needs that hasn’t been revealed yet in the story. She already has her own crew of her own, so she would be consistently be able to perform the role of managing everyone perfectly. There are many parallels to Straw Hats who have done other peoples jobs before they actually joined the crew.

Nami does the roles of a quartermaster currently.
Usopp used to do Franky’s role as a shipwright.
Franky had a guitar, so he used to do Brook’s role…and so on and so forth.

You may be questioning how Luffy would be allowing her to organize everything as he is a chaotic entity, however it should be pointed out that Luffy has geniunely listened to Hancock multiple times before.

3. Dynamic patterns

The last section of this theory will touch over the dynamic patterns that would allow her to join the crew.

Oda has shrugged off a statement that stated the previous Straw Hats devil fruit goroawase numbers and was very, very nervous about it.

The numbers were:

56 = Gomu (Luffy)
11 = Hito (Chopper)
87 = Hana (Robin)
43 = yomi (Brook)

A thing that fans have previously noted is that if you add all these numbers and 29 together, you get 325, which means “sa-ni-go” or the Sunny, the ship the Straw Hats sail on.

But hear me out: what if Luffy is the 2-9 and Hancock is the 5-6?

29 means Nika, which the name of his real devil fruit, and 56 means Mei-ro, which is the name of Hancocks devil fruit.

It would fit perfectly with the pattern and finish out the Straw Hats.

Another pattern I have noticed is the abundant use of twos among the Senior Officers.
There are:
2 bounty hunters (Zoro & Franky)
2 former captains (Usopp & Jinbei)
2 pirates non-consensually (Nami & Robin)
2 non pirates (Chopper and Usopp)

But wait..there’s only 1 royal! Sanji! This leaves a perfect spot open for another person of royalty, and most royalty…er, former royalty aren’t as reliant to join up with someone like Luffy, but you know who is? Boa.

One more dynamic pattern I would like to bring up is the subtle foreshadowing for her to join.

In chapter 97, we see Nami trying out new outfits. The first outfit she tries on has a long white fleece and a tied bra similar to Miss All Sundays outfit. The second outfit she tries is a long red dress with a furry companion on her shoulder, similar to Boa and Salome.

Before any of you say, “Oda probably didn’t think that far back and this is just a coincidence.” Here is a showcase of future characters that he drew LITERALLY 3 CHAPTERS AFTER that one’s release.

Another pattern and foreshadowing is the fact that if Hancock joins, this would mean that all Straw Hats were introduced pre-Timeskip, an important factor when you consider their growth as characters.

4. Conclusion and Opinions

One last thing I would like to point out is that how every Straw Hat since the entire crew got a bounty had gained a bounty prior to joining the crew.

Brook had a bounty of 33 million.
Jimbe had a bounty of 250 million.

If we continue this pattern, Hancock would also join this list as she currently has a 1.659 billion bounty. I feel like if she joins, similar to Jimbe, she will have the second highest bounty and then get the third highest after the rest of the crew’s gets updated.

My opinion on this is that she would be a perfect fit, but she may have a rocky start at first. The other women on the crew had a pretty rocky start as well, but eventually she will most likely get used to the crew’s antics.

Thank you for listening to my theory!

Last edited:
Hancock isn't stupid like Sanji so the Bon Clay play will not work... Also she already beat Devon...
right plus why would oda waste hancock times dealing with fodders like devon
Post automatically merged:

hancock isn't joining the strawhats why would some like her be so fucking stupid to give up her independence just to be reduced to be luffy's subordinate that ain't happening i would call garbage writing if it happens and she's not fighting fodderina devon ever again

right plus why would oda waste hancock times dealing with fodders like devon

hancock isn't joining the strawhats why would some like her be so fucking stupid to give up her independence just to be reduced to be luffy's subordinate that ain't happening i would call garbage writing if it happens and she's not fighting fodderina devon ever again
woah bro it’s just a theory i never said it’s 100%

Another pattern I have noticed is the abundant use of twos among the Senior Officers.
There are:
2 former captains (Usopp & Brook)
2 non pirates (Sanji and Chopper)

But wait..there’s only 1 warlord! Jinbei! This leaves a perfect spot open for another warlord, and most of the warlords aren’t as reliant to join up with someone like Luffy, but you know who is? Boa.
I would rearrange this a bit since Jinbe was a captain and Usopp was more fake.
Put Jinbe with Brook as 2 former captains.
Usopp with Chopper as non-pirates.

Then Boa and Sanji as former royalty.

1. How she will join

In Egghead Island, we all know the tension between York and the Seraphim is getting very intense and the fight will only keep getting insane with the Marines arriving. They need more backup and this is where Boa, the Kuja Pirates, and the Grand Fleet join in.

You may be thinking, why would Boa come out of nowhere? Well she’s not. In chapter 1059, she states that she wants Luffy back and it is implied that she is actively trying to find him due to the fact that he can give her and her island protection as a yonko. And before you say, “she and her island can just join the Grand Fleet”, well that didn’t work out well because she has a giant poster of Luffy as the centerpiece of her island and both Blackbeard and the Marines still attacked her. With Morgans about to leak that Luffy is on Egghead, Boa will most likely want to set sail out to there and that’s the basic set up for her to join.
Agreed with everything else but, a giant picture isn't a flag.
iirc there was a kingdom with Sabo's picture hung too, but they don't have his protection.

Why Boa Hancock will be the Tenth Senior Officer of the Straw Hat Pirates:

This overall theory touches over multiple things that are possible; but the main three things I will talk about is on how she will join, her purpose on the crew, and the dynamic patterns that serve as evidence.

1. How she will join

You may be thinking, why would Boa come out of nowhere? Well she’s not. In chapter 1059, she states that she wants Luffy back and it is implied that she is actively trying to find him due to the fact that he can give her and her island protection as a yonko. And before you say, “she and her island can just join the Grand Fleet”, well that didn’t work out well because she has a giant poster of Luffy as the centerpiece of her island and both Blackbeard and the Marines still attacked her. With Morgans about to leak that Luffy is on Egghead, Boa will most likely want to set sail out to there and that’s the basic set up for her to join.

There is also the matter of Jimbei’s toast. He was initially going to get a toast in Wano but Kinemon interrupted. Haven’t you wondered why Oda didn’t want to write it after Wano was done? It was for a reason, so that the two former warlords can have a toast together.

2. Her purpose on the crew

I have seen many people with their main argument against Hancock on the main crew is that she doesn’t have an actual role. However, I have came up with a possible role for her that fit in line with her character.

Hear me out: Hancock could be a quartermaster. Similar to Jinbei’s helmsman role, It is another role that a pirate needs that hasn’t been revealed yet in the story. She already has her own crew of her own, so she would be consistently be able to perform the role of managing everyone perfectly. There are many parallels to Straw Hats who have done other peoples jobs before they actually joined the crew.

Nami does the roles of a quartermaster currently.
Usopp used to do Franky’s role as a shipwright.
Franky had a guitar, so he used to do Brook’s role…and so on and so forth.

You may be questioning how Luffy would be allowing her to organize everything as he is a chaotic entity, however it should be pointed out that Luffy has geniunely listened to Hancock multiple times before.

3. Dynamic patterns

The last section of this theory will touch over the dynamic patterns that would allow her to join the crew.

Oda has shrugged off a statement that stated the previous Straw Hats devil fruit goroawase numbers and was very, very nervous about it.

The numbers were:

56 = Gomu (Luffy)
11 = Hito (Chopper)
87 = Hana (Robin)
43 = yomi (Brook)

A thing that fans have previously noted is that if you add all these numbers and 29 together, you get 325, which means “sa-ni-go” or the Sunny, the ship the Straw Hats sail on.

But hear me out: what if Luffy is the 2-9 and Hancock is the 5-6?

29 means Nika, which the name of his real devil fruit, and 56 means Mei-ro, which is the name of Hancocks devil fruit.

It would fit perfectly with the pattern and finish out the Straw Hats.

There are:
2 former captains (Usopp & Brook)
2 non pirates (Sanji and Chopper)

But wait..there’s only 1 warlord! Jinbei! This leaves a perfect spot open for another warlord, and most of the warlords aren’t as reliant to join up with someone like Luffy, but you know who is? Boa.

One more dynamic pattern I would like to bring up is the subtle foreshadowing for her to join.

In chapter 97, we see Nami trying out new outfits. The first outfit she tries on has a long white fleece and a tied bra similar to Miss All Sundays outfit. The second outfit she tries is a long red dress with a furry companion on her shoulder, similar to Boa and Salome.

Before any of you say, “Oda probably didn’t think that far back and this is just a coincidence.” Here is a showcase of future characters that he drew LITERALLY 3 CHAPTERS AFTER that one’s release.

Another pattern and foreshadowing is the fact that if Hancock joins, this would mean that all Straw Hats were introduced pre-Timeskip, an important factor when you consider their growth.

4. Conclusion and Opinions

One last thing I would like to point out is that how every Straw Hat since the entire crew got a bounty had gained a bounty prior to joining the crew.

Brook had a bounty of 33 million.
Jimbe had a bounty of 250 million.

If we continue this pattern, Hancock would also join this list as she currently has a 1.659 billion bounty. I feel like if she joins, similar to Jimbe, she will have the second highest bounty and then get the third highest after the rest of the crew’s gets updated.

Who would she face on Blackbeards crew though is the real question? I believe she would either Catarina Devon for quite a few reasons.

If she fights Devon it would be similar to Sanji vs Bon Clay, where one of the fighters is way stronger than the other, but is held back for emotional reasons. Devon might transform herself into Luffy similarly how Bentham transformed into Nami in front of Sanji. Devon also has a knack for pretty women and wants to collect their heads - well what more pretty than the worlds most beautiful.

My opinion on this is that she would be a perfect fit, but she may have a rocky start at first. The other women on the crew had a pretty rocky start as well, but eventually she will most likely get used to the crew’s antics.

Thank you for listening to my theory!
Read Sanji's fight with Mr 2 lol
why

Agreed with everything else but, a giant picture isn't a flag.
iirc there was a kingdom with Sabo's picture hung too, but they don't have his protection.
that hasn’t necessarily been confirmed; the RA could still help them out - i see what you mean though i’ll change that up a little

Love the idea!

But she's way way too strong to join, even more so than Yamato.
Power dynamic could be a minor problem but if Sanji got a little stronger then she can make a really good number 4

similar as to how sanji wouldn’t touch a women
boa wouldn’t touch luffy, even someone that just looks like luffy

Last edited:
ka is not kyu. also if you use luffy's fruit for 2 and 9, 5 and 6 would be missing. 2 and 9 will be represented by usopp when he eats kuma's df. i agree that hancock will join though. i think she will bring snakes and perhaps other animals with her. she then would be the animal tamer of the strawhats. with those poisonous snakes, the sunny could sail through the calm belt for example.

ka is not kyu. also if you use luffy's fruit for 2 and 9, 5 and 6 would be missing. 2 and 9 will be represented by usopp when he eats kuma's df. i agree that hancock will join though. i think she will bring snakes and perhaps other animals with her. she then would be the animal tamer of the strawhats. with those poisonous snakes, the sunny could sail through the calm belt for example.
ka doesn’t exactly equal kyu, but their are syllables that can work with multiple numbers and ka is one of them

that hasn’t necessarily been confirmed; the RA could still help them out - i see what you mean though i’ll change that up a little

Power dynamic could be a minor problem but if Sanji got a little stronger then she can make a really good number 4
another reason why she shouldn't join being reduced to the 4th strongest is stupid so much potential would never be fully utilized

similar as to how sanji wouldn’t touch a women
boa wouldn’t touch luffy, even someone that just looks like luffy
sanji can't hurt women that's a lesson zeff taught him when he was little hancock not being able to hurt devon because she's turns into luffy would be be garbage writing if someone like robin was able to put down fake illusion of saul and clover hancock should do the same