Brave New World - Original Creation

Adam 🍎

Pretty Boy
β€Ž
Hello everyone. During corona I started writing my own fictional story for fun. So if anyone is interested here is the part 0.

Part 0 - The Revelation

Hurry up you bearded Bronz fool. If we are late it will cost us our beard. Dwarf yells while gripping his first
While running and huffing the dwarf in question responds:
"I am terribly sorry I didn't expect his return so soon. I thought we will have more time before he makes his move. Throng when did you arrive?"
Relaxing his fist and quelling his anger Throng responds: I arrived this morning. Couldn't believe my dwarven ears when I heard he is back. This will change our plans immensely. Did you notify Silverin of the changes?
Bronz Responds: Yes, yes I did. He said we still move like we aimed to. The Moot is to assemble a year from now. Until then we have to secure enough votes for the election of the King. If we fail we are destined to meet the edge of the axe.
Throng nervously sweats hearing that and responds: Good. We must not waste any time otherwise he will take full advantage of that. When I heard he arrived I couldn't believe it. We thought he is busy fighting the Mukbar Jungle and that it will take him weeks until the comes. But for him to actually sign a peace deal with them in order to get here doesn't mean anything good for us.
Bronz while shocked asks: He signed a peace deal with the Mukbar Jungle? I wasn't aware of this! Dear Earth Mother does this mean his army is now ready to move?
Throng responds: His army is already here my friend. He invoked his right of heritage to get the hold of the royal capitol. He doesn't have the King's Hammer but he sure has its resting place.
Bronz with fear in his voice says: He is moving faster than we thought. He must be dealt with.
Throng with utter disbelief his ally said something so dumb says: You really wanna invoke the wrath of Fulgrim the Lava Drinker? You are a bigger fool than I thought. Now be silent we are entering the auditorium.

On the stage in his full war gear was Fulgrim the Lava Drinker. Son of the deceased King of Dwarfs. Unlike most Dwarfs he was a bit taller and to a regular dwarven citizen he seemed like a giant amongst them. Respected but Feared, Cruel but Just, Strong but Cautious. In the eyes of many he was the perfect option for the king. For others he was the last option to be a King. Such an imposing ruler would mean a tight grip over the Kingdom and many in the Dwarven Kingdom would prefer their intrigue and business to be out of the reach of court spies and court tax collectors. Now with his Father dead Fulgrim decides to address the nobles whether they are friend or a foe.

Standing on the center of the auditorium stage Fulgrim glances across the room with a look that would freeze any beast in its track. Not to scare this time but to establish who is the biggest player in the room currently. He speaks:
Fellow Dwarven Brethren. I don't address you as a grieving son because I am not one. I loved my father with all of my heart... But my father was a weak King.
Hums and chatter start as soon as those words are said but Fulgrim with the handle of his Hammer silences it with a quick slam to the floor and follow it by saying:
Please, save your girly chatter after you hear my words. I don't appreciate interruptions and lack of respect
Room goes silent and he continues:

My father believed this Kingdom is at its peak. That we have everything we need to live happily and proudly.
Under his rule we expanded borders to the Outback and that's it. That's all we expanded so far. To a measly pack of land filled with shit and swamps and few dwarven clans that don't even know what steel is. To him that was enough.
We went to a war with Mukbar for who knows which time and we got put into a stalemate for who knows which time. To him that was enough
He expanded roads in the Central Provinces and didn't bother to go beyond that. To him that was enough.
He reformed coinage but didn't bother to acquire new mines to cover for it. To him that was enough.
He signed peace with the 5 states and settled for peace on their terms. To him that was enough.

I now ask all of you:
Is that enough for you? Are you content with what we have? Do you feel proud when you make the offering to Earth Mother?
While talking his grip on his hammer tightens and his voice deepens
If you say yes then by all means you can leave this chamber and live a happy life. I wish you all the best and may Earth Mother bless you with a long life enough for you to realize your lack of ambition and lack or pride.

I am not satisfied. I will not sit back and watch this Kingdom decline more and more. I will show you all the full potential of what we can do. I am not your King but I am the Thane of my own Clan. I will use my right and I will show you true power. In one year time I, Fulgrim Lava Breaker, the Burned One, the Hammerer, the Rune Lord, The Slayer of Kairns and Tamer of Fire will conquer the Fort of Cloudpeak. And once I do what no one before me did I will return here and expect the Axe of the Kings to be placed into my arms. Until then I suggest you all to watch me. Those that do recognize me as the King follow me beyond the Vulkun Mountains through the gates of Cloudpeak. We will conquer the 5 states and take their riches and lands for us.

Many lords stayed in the chamber to discuss what they just heard. They couldn't believe the show off force they just witnessed. To some it felt like the Earth Mother blessed them with the King that will finally lead them beyond what they were lead before. To others this show of force just emboldened their resolve to never have a king like that. One Dwarf in particular was eager to leave the chamber fast...

Well these are utterly bad news. This wasn't just some bravado and an empty threat. He fully intends to invade us. Dammit. I must get this word to everyone and form a plan. First I need to get out of this Dwarven disguise. My fucking knees hurt from being this short and burly. Summoning portal is prepared so I must be fast here. The moment I cast the spell they will notice it. My shapeshifting is loosing power, I didn't consume any blood lately. Let's just keep it cool and make it to the chamber.

Hey Bronz! Wait a minute you bearded fool - Throng yells
Being caught off guard Bronz mumbles to his chin -
Oh no, shit. Go away. I must hurry otherwise he will notice
Hey Bronz, I said wait. Bronz? Throng says confusingly
With no idea what to do in that moment the shapeshifter says -
I need to use toilet i'll be - in that moment shapeshifting ability lost control for a bit and the voice broke - right back.
Shocked Trong yells - What? You there stop! Who are you?!? Guards! Guar - in the blink of an eye the dwarfs throat was slit by an ice dagger. Looking back at the attacker Dwarf saw a tall slender figure shape shifting.

Shapeshifter rushed to its chamber. They can hear guard running towards the scream their heard. Slamming the door shut they quickly start the summoning spell while putting on the clothes and weapons. Soon enough knocking on the door started and loud voices were heard behind it:
Hey open the gate! Open it now! You are under the arrest for the murder of Lord Throng. Open the gate now!
An uneasy feeling was felt by everyone like some beast was drawing close.
"Move you fools"
Lord Fullgrim?!? Guards exclaim surprisingly
With a fierce look in his eyes and bloodlust oozing from him Fulrgim says again:

I said move.
Shapeshifter hearing the voice of whos coming says:
Oh fuck
They quickly prepare for battle while checking for the portal to activate
Come on , just few more seconds until spell activates. Come on!
With a brutal strike of the hammer Fulgrim slammed the door of the chamber making a massive hole in the center. Dwarf Guard rushed the door only to be pierced by an Ice Shard through the hole in his helmet. Another shard was aimed at Fulgrim but he deflected it with his hammer taunting the Shapeshifter.
Is that everything Vampires can offer these days? Ice Shards and Shapeshifting? Go on , tell everyone of what was said here. It will make no difference. I will still conquer you all.

Shapeshifter after a moment of silence responds.
We will see about that you bearded idi...

Fullgrim with a suprised look on his face stops for a second only to realize he activated a trap. With breaking the door he also broke the Ice Seal that was put on it. Suddenly a block of ice burst from it creating a barrier.

Relieved but shaken the shapeshifter thinks to itself - That will do it. I should be safe now and focus o....
Massive strike shakes the room, followed by another strike. Such intense power caught shapeshifter off guard and threw them off balance. Looking back shapeshifter could see ice melting and bursting while enraged Fulgrim with Hammer encased in Fire breaking through it.

Shapeshifter saw the image of death itself in that moment.
With full swing behind him Fulgrim yells

Die you vampire scum!

With impeding death second away shapeshifter suddenly found themselves on the floor in front of a tall and pale figure.
Well well well sister. Looks like someone almost crapped their pants. - says the man while smirking
Relieved to be teleported before the killing blow Shapeshifter lays on her back lucky to be alive.

Ludwig... we are in deep shit. I must see the father right now. We should all talk. Tell him Fulgrim will throw all of his might at us.
I'm on it Eve... - Ludwig responds while helping her get up

Some time has passed and Eve went to her chamber to clean herself and prepare for the briefing.
Looking in the mirror Eve but couldn't shake the feeling of impending death she experienced. For someone that is hundreds of years old being near death shakes her to the core every single time. She think to herself - For someone that experienced several lifetimes I sure don't wanna die just yet.
After washing her face to get back into reality she makes her way to the gathering hall. Roaming through the halls of Drakenheim, her ancestral home, she can't but imagine will this ancient seat of power still stand if the worst comes. So much history are in the walls of Drakenheim countless books could be written from it. Lost in her thoughts she is suddenly greeted by her brother.

Wandering in thoughts again? Says Ludwig with a slight smile on his face.
One day not keeping your head straight will cost you your life.
Looking at Ludwig she just smiles slightly and says - I almost experienced those words few hours ago.
Ludwig while being a joker of the family always laughing saw the fear in the eyes of his sister. Even though they are older than the trees outside their home he will always consider her to be his little sister. He puts his arm on her shoulder and tells her: What happened happened, you are alive today , try to be alive tomorrow too.
Eve puts her arm on his and thanks him for those kinds words...

Did you notify father of my arrival? Eve asks feeling a bit more alive
Yes I did. I arrived several days ago myself and news aren't good on my side. Orcs are talking about a prophecy that will happen soon where they will be blessed by a new raid leader. I wanted to investigate further but their shamans started to suspect me. For a race dumb as a rock they are sure sensitive to magic. Combined with whatever your news will be this isn't good at all.
Did father say anything about what he plans to do? Eve asks curiously
No. Though if you ask me this situation is probably fight or flight. Knowing father he will probably choose fight first. Old man has a death wish that is for sure - Ludwig exhales while spinning his eyes

Entering the gathering hall the two are greeted by their family gathered there. Seeing the faces of all relatives both of them understood one thing. The situation they are in is dead serious. For something to gather everyone so quickly it must be important beyond anything they experienced.
Eve! Ludwig! It is so good to see you! - Person says behind them
Uncle Oleg! Both Eve and Ludwig say happily. We didn't see you in ages, how are you? How is it in the mountains of Vulkun?
Hot my dear - Oleg says while trying to hug both of them at the same time. Look at you two, you look more pale by the passing day - jokingly says Oleg.
Very funny uncle, you sure are lively for someone old as Fathers leg hair - On saying that Ludwig quickly glances the room to check if Father is there in order to be prepared for potential beat down.
HA HA HA look at him Eve, he sure talks big for someone that was scared of seagulls - Both Oleg and Eve start laughing while Ludwig's previous laughter turns silent.

After chatting with each other a bit the final player enters the room. Ivan Drakenheim, the Everlord of Vampires and the Lord of Drakenheim house of Vampires. Old as the rocks itself that built the castle he lives in he is considered as one of the greatest minds on the continent. Respected but feared, Just but Shrewd, Kind but Strong.
While still walking to his seat he says -
Please everyone , have a seat. Time is of the essence and as much we would like to talk and enjoy this moment we must discuss something of great importance.

After everyone is seated he begins to tell the reason of his event but first he looks at his children. The look they saw wasn't the look of a man they knew, it is a look of a man that is backed into a corner. Ivan begins talking
As you all know we dispatched spies in major provinces we consider hostile. Intent was to gather information and act on events before they take place. This time I am afraid we don't have that luxury. Events that are going to happen cannot be avoided. My daughter Eve was dispatched to the Empire of Dwarfs. There, Fullgrim, son of the late King declared his intent to strike at us with his full might. We all know who Fullgrim is and because of it we know his words aren't just boasting to please the nobles. His words bear meaning far greater than than we can imagine. My son Ludwig was sent to the Land or Orcs, news from there aren't good either. Orcs are preparing for a prophecy that will bring a new raid leader to them. No doubt an army will be raised that will strike the continent with its full might. So we have Dwarfs from the East, Orcs from the south, an Ocean to the west. I am afraid to say North will be our enemy too. Lafayette can you join us please.

Entering the room wasn't a vampire, instead it was just a regular man. While not known to the most of the people in the room he was known to Eve, Ludwig and few other family members. Lafayette was their adoptive brother they rarely ever saw or talked to. His origin is unknown to them and as much their desire to meet their adoptive brother is big their curiosity is bigger.

Standing next to the Ivan Lafayette bows to everyone and greets them. Ivan proceeds to talk
Family, I would like you all to meet Lafayette. Some time ago on my travels I met his father, a low born hunter that barely supported his family but still was kind enough to offer me piece of his home and food to spend the night over when danger was lurking over me. His father knowing what I am treated me not like a vampire, but as a living being. I am old even for a vampire and the kindness of that man was something I will never forget. Only thing he asked in return is for me to take his son and give him a life where he doesn't need to scrape to make it tomorrow. I took Lafayette under my wing and gave him a home away from us. I didn't want him to live in this castle because I believed he deserved a life of a human , not the life of a vampire. I trained him in all arts I trained my children and he is part of this family just as my children are. I didn't hide him from you all out of fear you will dislike him or he will dislike you. Nor that I am ashamed of him or you all. I hid him because his time to join wasn't right. If you all have reservations about this voice them now.

No one in the room had reservations about Lafayette. They understood if someone like Ivan shows love and respect for someone then that person is worthy of their love and respect too. With relief in his voice he continues to talk but not before seeing a big smile on the faces of Eve and Ludwig. With no words being spoken he understood they are happy to have another relative.

Thank you everyone for understanding. Lafayette here was sent North to explore the Frozen Wastes. Lafayette if you will share with us your discoveries please.

Visibly nervous Lafayette looks at everyone and begins to explain the situation
First off I wanna thank everyone for welcoming me. It means a lot to be accepted into this family that provided so much to me and I hope I will be able to live up and repay you all the kindness you showed me. On my travels North we discovered a grave danger. All coastal villages we found were empty. No signs of fighting, no signs of any violence at all. Everything was if everyone disappeared in a blink of an eye. Food was still on tables, boats were docked, tools were left in the open. We began to explore nearby cave systems we explored before and what we found was death incarnate. Hidden underneath all of that ice and snow we found a life form unknown to us. They are taller than us and more burly. They are made out of rock like substances. Our weapons couldn't make a dent in them, only thing that worked is high impact magic, explosives and blows hard enough to shatter stone. Majority of my party got captured or was killed. We barely managed to escape the caves. Once we reached the boats we could hear a voice in our heads telling us - I can see you all , I can see where you are, I will come for you all too when your time comes. Some of the crew from the ship went mad hearing the voice and began running around and jumping of the ship. Who ever talked to us is dangerous and they will come for us for reasons unknown. I have no further information.

Silence drops on the room. Most of the individuals in the room have seen and heard a lot of things but a discovery of a new race hidden away was something rare even amongst them all. Ludwig swallowing his shock asks - What about... what about the villagers. Any sign of them?
Lafayette looks at Ivan , lovers his head and says - from what I saw while running they were turning villagers into one of their own...

If the situation wasn't as serious before. Everyone understood why everyone was summoned.
We are surrounded from all sides... we are doomed - Oleg says with fear in his voice.
After a brief silence, Ivan stands up and says

Not exactly... There is an idea... idea that we aren't surrounded. Not when West still is open...
Everyone look at Ivan in utter confusion.
Oleg asks -
But to the West is nothing but sea?
Ivan looks at Oleg and says
My dear brother, you think that because no one here ever looked far enough to see if there is something other than the sea. That is why I have a plan. Plan to send 3 expeditions and find us a new home. Not only for us but for everyone on the continent. Please, if you will look to the map. I will further explain this.
Eve looks at Ludwig and quietly says - Did he go mad?
Ludwig responds - No , I just think he is desperate

Ivan opens the map of the known World and begins explaining the plan
When the 5 countries and us Vampires formed the alliance a plan was set in motion. We understood that our position is not a good one and while we might fight off Dwarves, Orcs, Pirates and any other foe we face our time will come. Our corner of the world is small and we don't have a room to expand anywhere. Soon enough we will deplete this land and our power will fade. That's why a plan was formed, we called it "Brave New World". Idea is that we send expeditions to the West in hopes of discovering new lands. We believe that since we can't reach Mukbar, Tellas and other nations from the East or South or North, we might as well try to reach them from the West. We have nothing to lose but everything to gain. Technology we currently posses will enable us to travel oceans. However to navigate them is an another problem. We have no knowledge how long the journey will take or what perils will we encounter. So in order to combat that we decided to form an expedition force comprised of not hundreds of soldiers but rather few highly qualified individuals. We need young but capable people on this that will use their ingenuity and youth to accomplish this. While the young explore we the Old Guard will stay here to prepare the defenses the best we can. We currently have 47 individuals to be asked to embark on this mission. It is unknown how many will accept. Well 50 individuals is better since Eve, Ludwig and Lafayette will lead the teams.

Eve sits quietly looking at Ludwig while glancing over Lafayette. Clearing her throat she says:
This plan... its hard to take in. It is a gamble with low odds for us. But I don't see any other way. I've seen the ferocity of dwarves and i am sure most of us felt it too during our countless battles. With Fulgrim leading them it became even more serious. And on top of that to have enemies in the North and South too is just too much. I accept this mission... I can only speak for myself

Without second of hesitation Ludwig responds:
I am in. Can't let you have all the fun.
Ludwig winks to his sister.

I will do my best. I owe all of you my life. It is only fair of me to give you all support you gave to me. Lafayette says with a clear burden on his shoulders

Ivan looks at them with a look only a proud father can have. He tells them:
You 3 are the pride of my life...
Now I am sure you 3 wanna catch up a bit but the time is of the essence here. We must move fast and organize everything. I will send ravens to the 5 countries to notify them of everything. They will track down individuals we need for the mission. However you 3 will also need to find certain people. We can't send a stranger, it must be someone those people know and can trust.

Ludwig - says Ivan
Yes father - responds Ludwig
I need you to track and find Vermilion. You know him and he will be more receptive of you than anyone here. Notify him of the plan and make your way with him to the city of Antiqua. That will be a rendezvous point for the expedition.
I am on it - Ludwig responds while immediately departing but not before stopping near Lafayette to greet him
I hope we will have time to catch up before the journey. If not the sea is vast anyway!
I hope the same! - Lafayette exclaims

Lafayette looks to Ivan
Lafayette your mission will be to bring Tamara. She is currently in Val'tir. Same as Ludwig, city of Antiqua.
Yes father. Lafayette bows and departs only to be stopped by Eve

It is good to finally meet you. When we get more time i expect us 3 to talk!
Lafayette overflowed with appreciation can't but put a big smile on his face and thank her.
Thank you, it means a lot to me to be accepted

Eve - Ivan says
You will go to Zara to a ball of the marquise Calante. There you will find Dante.
Hearing that name Eve looks at her father with disbelief.
Him?!?! He tried to kill us several times and I am pretty sure he still has a contract on my head!
Yes i am aware Eve, but he is currently in our employ so I doubt he will strike the hand that feeds him...
A bit relaxed Eve responds:
I still don't like it but okay. I will head there immediately.

With all 3 of them departing Ivan finally sits down. He is approached by Oleg that places his hand on Ivan's shoulder.
You raised them good, they are capable and they will accomplish this as long as they stick together. As for us, I wish I could say the same....
Ivan looks at Oleg and responds:
Yeah... I just hope they find a home for themselves. For us it is too late. We have a duty here we must fulfil. I will meet with 5 rulers to discuss strategy. We must give them as much time as we can. By my calculations we have around 2 years before the war starts with Dwarves. Unknown about Orcs and this new race.
Oleg seeing his brother vividly tired says:
It will be pointless for me to say anything about you resting.... I will head back to Vulkun Mountains and start preparing everything. Be strong brother.
Ivan taps the hand on his shoulder and nods

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Thanks to anyone that read it so far. I'll appreciate any criticism if you have it.
Also if you have any questions feel free to ask!

Last edited:
Ok, seems a nice introduction to an adventure, if I have to say some criticism then maybe too much infos in just some lines, it is difficult to take them all in such a short margin. Even more difficult when almost all the paragraph is made of dialogues, I would have liked to see more descriptions, be it the places of the dwarfs or vampires or even simply a brief physical descriptions of these main characters, that is also a way to make them more remarkable and so easier to remember.

Adam 🍎

Pretty Boy
β€Ž
Ok, seems a nice introduction to an adventure, if I have to say some criticism then maybe too much infos in just some lines, it is difficult to take them all in such a short margin. Even more difficult when almost all the paragraph is made of dialogues, I would have liked to see more descriptions, be it the places of the dwarfs or vampires or even simply a brief physical descriptions of these main characters, that is also a way to make them more remarkable and so easier to remember.
Ah yes. Descriptions are on the way
Chapter after this one is basically team forming and introductions.

Thanks for feedback!

Last edited:

Adam 🍎

Pretty Boy
β€Ž

This is the map of the story. I suck at drawing and this is best i could do.
Each nation on the map will be explored eventually
Post automatically merged:

Sir! Our plans have been discovered! What should we do now? Should we change plans, should we stop? Said the dwarf emissary to Fulgrim. Situation they experienced that day threw a wrench in their plan. Or so they thought...
It doesn't matter if they know. Exclaimed Fulgrim
Our plans, My plans have been set in motion long before that spy infiltrated our ranks. They can prepare all they want but it won't stop the tide that is coming for them. We have fewer men, lack of magic and now our enemy knows we will come at them. Lesser men would give up or change plans. I am no lesser man, I will accomplish my goals within 2 years. You can either stay here or follow me.
Nobles and guards present there looked at each other and nodded. It didn't take much to figure out that they have a king in front of them ready to take them to new heights. Unlike other politicians that only boast words they felt Fulgrim's words have burden behind them. His words will become true with time...

Fulgrim made his way God's Anvil, legendary forge that forged all kinds of war machinery for dwarves. With a giant furnace that poured molten lava to its pools to heat the metal they mined from the finest corners of the empire there was nothing the blacksmiths and engineers couldn't build. Before speaking to them Fulgrim first made an offering to Titan and Mars, 2 deity's of dwarves. Mars that represents blacksmiths and Titan that represents engineers. Their enormous statues stood before the entrance to the forge and it was believed that a good offering would benefit the creation that is to be requested.

Fulgrim begins the offering
I don't have any rare metals to present you because I will give them to the blacksmiths and engineers to build me engines of war.
I don't have riches to give because I will give them to my soldiers for the effort they will give me.
What I do have is my oath, oath that I will carve your symbols in the walls of every city that stands before us. I will make your influence grow beyond the borders of our empire. I will make your weapons bend the men and women to you. That is my offering to you

Saying that the engineers and blacksmiths approach Fulgrim. To them he seems like a giant. Red Mohawk tall as a child and a hammer the size of a grown dwarf. Red and Black plate armor glistened while runes inscribed glistened as the rarest of metals. Scars filled Fulgrims face and the eyes of a king that demanded respect glimmered as the fire reflected on them.

Engineers and Blacksmiths approach Fulgrim and chief amongst them speaks
Lord Fulgrim. The forge grows hotter with your presence. What can do for you my Lord. Say the request and the hammers will make it while the brain creates it.
Fulgrim responds
What I will ask of you will require upmost secrecy. If anyone got the wind of this I am sure I would throw our empire in a civil war. For the sake of our brothers and sister from now on I beg for your secrecy.
They nod to Fulgrims request and he lays down the blueprints.
Gentlemen, this is what I call a Gyrocopter...

Eve can't stop thinking about her father's plan. They knew their situation is dire but they never suspected anything of sorts. Every expedition sent to the West never returned and the only person that managed to survive the seas is the Pirate King. To her it seemed like a waste of manpower and resources. People they plan to recruit while not the best of the best they sure are rising stars that could help with the defense. And now she is tasked of bringing Dante to the group? Eve can't but sigh at the sight of meeting him...
Why him of all people. That assassin was the bane of my existence for 2 years and I barely managed to escape him and his ridiculous behavior. How is he gonna help us at all? Ughh i wish someone else got my mission.

Walking to the stables she is greeted by stable master William. She knew William ever since he was a kid, a human that worked for them and took care of their horses. William was now an old man but upon seeing Eve it was as if vitality rushed to his body.
My lady, it is great to you see you after all this time! I was sure you will come back after your brother returned. You two always did try to out do one another. Walking towards her he hugs Eve whom he always viewed as a kid of his own even tho she was 720 years older than him...
William it is always good to see you! You are holding spry for your age! - Eve responds
I am sure you want me to get your steed ready, but alas I already prepared her. Seeing Ludwig and the new kid come for their steeds I prepared yours too. - William brings Eve her horse. Black as the night this steed served Eve for years. With her leaving soon she wonders about all the things she will be forced to leave too...
M'lady is something wrong? William asks
No William , its just that a lot is going on. I need to be on my way. It was great to you see and I hope to see you again soon. Saying that she knew what she said was a lie. She doesn't have time to spend even on spending time with people she cares about. No one knows when will their enemies attack and each minute wasted could be crucial.
No rest for the wicked M'lady... - responds William

Eve departs to the Zara. The city of knowledge. Several days have past until she saw the white walls of Zara. Zara is the city of mages and the home of the College of Magic. Best of best when it comes to magic come here. In the center of the town is the Spiral of Mages. Ancient tower served to observe the surrounding valley and occasional bombard it in case of siege. In the last 400 years no one ever conquered the city of Zara and its White Walls. Upon entering the city she takes a lodging at the nearby tavern. She has time to prepare until the ball. She takes the dress she prepared and starts to shapeshift herself. Eve and all Vampires posses the ability to shapeshift. They can alter their image a bit but for a full remodel they require blood intake. Eve knows that the nobility of Zara is superficial and overconfident. They are proud and think themselves to be best. They care about looks and money and to blend in Eve will need become like that. She changes her grey hair to blonde, darkens her skin tone and makes her appear bit more taller. Alongside other modifications she doesn't like to use she looks herself a the mirror and says -
I look ugly to myself but pretty to them... they will love it and will gossip me like anyone else.
She puts on her dress and make up, steps outside the room and makes her way to the ball.

Approaching the gate of the estate she eyes the people there trying to locate Dante.
It won't be easy to find an assassin here. They will blend in and be invisible. She thinks to herself
She enters the ball room and immediately hears

" Drink, Drink, Drink!!! Yeaaaaaah that's the way "
Dante?!?! Eve is stunned to see Dante making a fool out of himself and drinking with other nobility
Eve!!!! By the Gods I thought this party can't be better but I have company now too.
Dante approaches Eve and she can't believe that an assassin would behave like this. Dante has always been an odd ball. He is a member of a family of assassins that trace their origins beyond the age of Eve herself. Even tho he is 28 years of age he is considered to be one of the most dangerous people on the continent. He currently has 118 confirmed assassinations that is known of. He is wanted in all 5 states but due to his skills no one dares to try and arrest or kill him.
Girl look at you. You look dashing for someone old as you. Granted I prefer the old you with grey hair, pale skin and flat chest but hey we all have our pre...
He is cut of by Eve
Will you shut up man?!?! What are you doing?? Aren't you here on a mission? What is wrong with you?
Hey hey no need for that the target is already dead - Dante responds through a laugh
What? When did you already kill him? - Eve asks
Just now. He drank enough lead to be dead soonish. Hence why I said I finally have company cause you know , he will be dead soon. Haha I am so funny sometimes - Laughing while saying that Dante looks at Eve that has a look on her face of pure disbelief.
Wait, how did you exactly kill him? Eve asks
Well you know I can control metal. So before coming here I took a fistful of lead and crushed it into fine powder and swallowed it while keeping it in my throat. When I chugged from the tankard earlier I returned bit of lead in the tankard while giving him the drink from the same tankard. That was several drinks ago so he should be experiencing lead poisoning next few days. He didn't expect it because I drank from the same tankard and I made myself noticeable.
Looking at Eve he smiles at her with the look that begs to be praised.
The amount of skill you have can only be matched by your sheer dumbness and you are equally smart as you are dumb. Eve responds
I'll take it, let's go now and talk, knowing you I am sure you want to revert back to yourself as soon as possible.
Dante responds while laughing.

After leaving the ball they went to the Tavern where Eve returned to her normal state. She explained Dante the situation and began to negotiate for him to join them.
Look I know this all might sound too much so I will understand if yo...
I am in - Dante cuts her off
Wait what? You are? - Eve responds while being shocked
Yes. I am not dumb contrary to what you believe. I have no reason to doubt you and if you are lying to me I will just kill you. You are part of the best spy network known. If you say we are up against all of that and you are offering me a way out of it of course I will accept it. Only an idiot would refuse and I am no idiot. - Dante responds with a serious look in his eyes.
Eve knew Dante for some time, he tried to kill her for 2 years before the contract expired and during all of their "meetings" he was barely as serious as he was now. Even tho he will join them because of his selfish interests he will at least join them and right now she doesn't have a choice to nit pick who comes on the expedition.

You are a piece of work do you know that? Eve says through a laugh
Laughingly Dante responds

Yes I do know that. Now lets drink and make our way to wherever we need to go in the morning.
I am afraid not, we need to go now... but we can drink along the way
That's my girl. - Dante responds

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Phew. Next chapter is forming of the teams and the departure. Lots of characters will be introduced and the story will finally split into 3 acts which each act following 1 crew.​

Last edited: