Theory Burgess- Zoro’s final battle ?

As we all know Burgess holds the rank of Captain of the First Ship of the Blackbeard. I think he is most likely Teach’s YC1/first mate. Heck he was introduced to us back in Jaya.

I think Burgess will likely get Jozu’s devil fruit at some point in the series. There are just too many similarities between Jozu and Burgess. I think in the final battle against the Blackbeard pirates he will be Zoro’s enemy. I think Zoro will have already defeated Mihawk so fighting a swordsman like Shilliew will be pointless. Shilliew will probably fight Sanji (battle of invisible men and payback for stealing his beloved fruit) in a nice callback to Thriller Bark. Sanji’s opponents also tend to use dirty tricks a lot. Also since he is the captain of the 2nd ship I think he is most likely Teach’s YC2, so the perfect opponent for Sanji.

I think Zoro on the other hand will fight Burgess and learn how to cut diamond during the fight, becoming the first swordsman in history to cut diamond. It will probably be with a Shishi Sonson and it would be a callback to my all-time favourite Zoro fight- Zoro vs Mr. 1 !

As we all know Burgess holds the rank of Captain of the First Ship of the Blackbeard. I think he is most likely Teach’s YC1/first mate. Heck he was introduced to us back in Jaya.

I think Burgess will likely get Jozu’s devil fruit at some point in the series. There are just too many similarities between Jozu and Burgess. I think in the final battle against the Blackbeard pirates he will be Zoro’s enemy. I think Zoro will have already defeated Mihawk so fighting a swordsman like Shilliew will be pointless. Shilliew will probably fight Sanji (battle of invisible men and payback for stealing his beloved fruit) in a nice callback to Thriller Bark. Sanji’s opponents also tend to use dirty tricks a lot. Also since he is the captain of the 2nd ship I think he is most likely Teach’s YC2, so the perfect opponent for Sanji.

I think Zoro on the other hand will fight Burgess and learn how to cut diamond during the fight, becoming the first swordsman in history to cut diamond. It will probably be with a Shishi Sonson and it would be a callback to my all-time favourite Zoro fight- Zoro vs Mr. 1 !
So the only way it is possible is if Burgess Base Physical stats boosted up to the point where he is Physically as strong as hybrid Kaido, just so he can some what compete with Zoros Physicality.

Then he would need to kill Blackbeard and eat Gura Gura no mi, just so he can compete with Zoros Attack power

Then he would need to get bare minimum top 5 armament Haki in the entire series so he is not casually one shot.

If all of those doesn't happen, then EoS Zoro would kill him just by sneezing at him
Post automatically merged:

Just diamond fruit ain't gonna do it, Zoro can already cut diamond like butter with Ryou most likely

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
For Burgess to end up as Zoro's opponent there are several things that need to happen.
Shiryu needs to be taken out by a plot device because no one else than Zoro can take him on.
Burgess needs to either pick up weapons and become a skilled fighter in no time or eat a producer DF, whether paramecia or logia to be safe to some degree from Zoro's slashes, just like lord Pica was.

But imagine if no swordsman before Zoro has been able to cut diamond, not Mihawk, not Roger, not Ryuma and Zoro will be the first ! That would be so hype ! It would be a great set up for him being the greatest swordsman ever.
I don't think it makes sense with the lore of One Piece, considering Zoro himself said learning how to cut diamond particularly is a waste.

With Ryou swordsmen have ability to cut everything and nothing, even the most durable of characters like Kaido, I don't think diamond would be the only element no swordsman can cut. But even if it is, Zoro's journey is not gonna end at doing something that he considers waste. How is cutting diamond gonna help him against anyone but Jozu? How would that truly make him stronger?

The point of Swordsmen Ryou is to strictly cut objects too durable for other fighters, can be cut by swordsmen just with finesse
Post automatically merged:

The only way for Burgess to be some what believable opponent towards end of story Zoro, Oda would have to power up to unimaginable levels in comparison to his current strength. We have guys like Shilliew and Lafitte laughing at him lmao, he isn't even top 3 Black beard pirate rn @LordWhis

@ShishioIsBack I don’t know I just think Zoro vs Mr. 1 2.0 would be cool. It is my favourite fight in one piece if not in fiction.
Problem is Burgess is not physically strong enough, skilled enough, doesn't have enough AP to give current Zoro a Mr1 like fight.

Impossible for him to do it to EoS Zoro.
We would need someone who already has High Yonko level stats in the base and eat diamond fruit on top of that to be able to give EoS Zoro a Mr1 like fight.

Burgess is not that.

Problem is Burgess is not physically strong enough, skilled enough, doesn't have enough AP to give current Zoro a Mr1 like fight.

Impossible for him to do it to EoS Zoro.
We would need someone who already has High Yonko level stats in the base and eat diamond fruit on top of that to be able to give EoS Zoro a Mr1 like fight.

Burgess is not that.
What if awakening turns Burgess into a diamond Pica ?

Shiryu ephitet is ame. There are some sword named "ame no-" on japanese legends. Like ame no habakiri and ame no tsurugi etc. It fits perfectly in "ame no shiryu". It's good ephitet for a sword or swordman. Imo It indicates that he is really a swordman.

Ame/ama in sword means something related to heaven (I don't really remember it). If zoro still have enma, shiryu will be a good match for zoro (enma in japanese is a hell guardian)

So the posibillity zoro vs shiryu is higher than shiryu vs sanji

As for burgess opponent, I still can't find the right SH to match him, maybe jinbe or someone else.