Theory Captain Kuro is inspired by 1984 character O’Brien: will return as a Cipher Pol agent and head his own agency

C

critical mindset

Hello readers! Take a seat while Monet bring us some drinks and prepares a speciality cuisine known only by the best chefs of Mariejois.

This is a theory I made a while ago about a character that in the thick of the everything that’s going on and ramping up seems like all but a minor character who will never again see the light the day, or if at all in a very minor capacity. He is by all accounts insignificant with no real way for him to make a notable comeback. With this theory I beg to differ.

Before I conceived of this theory, I've always assumed that Oda would bring back and elevate the villains of East Blue. As you could only imagine, Oda as a writer of the story going on 20+ years would surely feel those fond memories of the beginning: of the take-off and build-up of the story, the character building of the early days where everything was new, thrilling and exciting. There is nothing like the early days of the the small quant villages and the beautiful scenery of the East Blue, as well as the more in-depth character interactions where the cast was smaller, that stirs the nostalgic heartstring of the fandom, or maybe I just speak for myself, but I'm sure Oda feels the same way. I'm very much sure that every single East Blue villain will return and make an impactful comeback in some shape or form at some point in the story.

With the current speculations about Gin showing up as one of the flying six, I wanted to add this theory to if anything bolster the idea that Oda has a thing for the old East Blue crowd, as one of the more overlooked character of these may have been inspired by a noteworthy figure in one of the biggest pieces of litterature ever written, and hence, may as of yet be a character that Oda has in store for us for in an earth-shattering reveal later down the pipeline with a great role to play, much like I believe Gin will in the upcoming chapter.

So for this theory to make any sense, you will have to know some basic fact about the book 1984 written by George Orwell. Maybe you read it in high school or saw a filmatization, maybe you've heard the 1984 soundbite being banded about as it pertains to the revelations about "dem-government-spying", NSA and any such related events suggestive of government overreach of power. The reason why the 1984 slogan is so heavily used is because it serves as a very powerful and terrifying symbol of what happens when a government becomes so omnipotent and powerful, in combination with an agenda and will to rule and dominate the lives of the peoeple, that it becomes virtually impossible to stop. That resistance is all but futile and that the government stands sumpreme and unchallenged. This is what has happened in 1984 where we follow the life of Winston Smith and his attempt to overthrow Big Brother, in a similar vein to how the WG seem all but unvanquishable.

Now I've already written about the connections between the world of 1984 and the worldf of One Piece which you can check out here. https://thrillerbark.com/threads/od...ary-army-with-his-eerie-1984-parallells.1341/

In this theory I want to focus on how Captain Kuro, Klahador, fits into all of this as being inspired by the arc villain of 1984: O'Brien. Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:
C

critical mindset

@critical mindset I like you theory but i dont think he is a CP member. He is too weak. Kuro is fodder.
I see him working an intelligence job as it would suit a man of his intellect and cunning, machievallean nature. He can work people really well, as he did with the community of Syrup village, and so I see him not as a top brass fighter but more as a guy that works the field as an undercover plant using his skill of infiltration to get intel for the government. I explain it all in the theory. How he manages to worm his worm his way into CP0 may be a total fluke, much like how Jango got his position, but as he is recognised for his special talents, he will climb the government ladder.

Last edited by a moderator:

Don DaSlayer

The Peerless swordsman
I see him working an intelligence job as it would suit a man of his intellect and cunning, machievallean nature. He can work people really well, as he did with the community of Syrup village, not as muscle head but more as a guy that works the field as an undercover plant using his skill of infiltration to get intel for the government. I explain it all in the theory. How he manages to attain such a position may be a total fluke, ,much like how Jango got his position, but as he is recognised for his special talents, he will climb the government ladder.
You mean like a spy.