General & Others Chainsawman : General Discussion thread

Who are your favourite characters?

• Total voters

Akai2

🆉🅾🆁🅾 🆃🅾🅾 🆂🆃🆁🅾🅽🅺!
@Akai2
I'd have to disagree on the translation thing, I've often found differences in tone between the early version hosted on mangafreak and the official one, with the early fan version often feeling more rough and natural. Then again, some of their translations have been straight up false
The official translation is definitely more refined and the dialogue has better flow, but CSM isn't dialogue heavy so it doesn't make much difference for me. I remember the one mistranslation about Denji killing Aki, don't recall other misTLs

Either way it seems that the series is heading towards its end, unless the world expands post Makima. Which I hope it does.

Akai2

🆉🅾🆁🅾 🆃🅾🅾 🆂🆃🆁🅾🅽🅺!
Black Clover > Chainsawman
This is your idea of filler? :goatasure:

Post automatically merged:

The problem might be with the plot post Makima.

I will actually be surprised if the plot is different from casual Denji hunting or paid orders to kill other devils.
Depending on how the world expands, it could be really interesting post Makima. I just don't see much work that's been done to set up anything of the sort so far. It'd come out of the blue, but I'm willing to forgive it if it means the series sticking around for a while more.

Marimo_420

The Honoured One
Just wondering but how violent and gory is Chainsaw Man?
On the extreme side of both violence, gore and fucked up artwork.

I really don't know how Fuji convinced Jump to promote his series tbh.

However the manga is filled with a large quantity of wack humour that balances out the mood. So nothing like Beserk or anything like that.

It's serious, yet not serious at the same time.