General & Others Chainsawman : General Discussion thread

Who are your favourite characters?

• Total voters
guys have you seen the newest chapter? it was explosive, full of tactics and twists, omigod what the heck is Makima? even Quanxi said to denji's teacher that compared to wanting to kill Makima, just live your own life based on that ignorance is bliss. masterful dialogue and portrayal by the author, if only Yuusuke Murata remake this it'll go off the charts.

compared to the gun devil, Makima is becoming more and more terrifying, what is this. or is she the gun devil herself, i wanna know i wanna know

Akai2

🆉🅾🆁🅾 🆃🅾🅾 🆂🆃🆁🅾🅽🅺!
guys have you seen the newest chapter? it was explosive, full of tactics and twists, omigod what the heck is Makima? even Quanxi said to denji's teacher that compared to wanting to kill Makima, just live your own life based on that ignorance is bliss. masterful dialogue and portrayal by the author, if only Yuusuke Murata remake this it'll go off the charts.

compared to the gun devil, Makima is becoming more and more terrifying, what is this. or is she the gun devil herself, i wanna know i wanna know
The potential is there for an incredible layered and interesting character. I don't think she's the gun devil, but she's no goody two shoes either.

I just read chapter 63.....what the HELL did I just read?!!
Fuck yeah, I feel the same. Don't get it at all. xD

From my 2nd/3rd read, I interpret the events as Santa Klaus actually being a puppet created by Tolka's master. He did that same arm-transformation the other puppets did, and the mirror-panel of him and Tolka after the latter's been puppified by her further imply it. Apparently, under some conditions puppets can remain somewhat human. Her saying that he's now part of the family and calling Santa grandpa also support this idea. Or maybe she's a puppet made by Santa? Or anyone contracting the puppet devil becomes a puppet? Madness! Anyway, Santa then sacrificed himself and three of the children the German government gifted him (lmao) to summon hell into the mall.

.. but just as I'm writing this, I remember that it was said Devilmen can't be turned to puppets. Does this also mean a puppet cannot have contracts?

Also, that hell, I don't get it at all, but I know that I'm intrigued as fuck by the fact that the ceiling is made of doors looking like the one from Denji's dream, so that probably is a door to hell after all!

Also, does anyone else ship Aki and Angel..? :catblush:

Fuck yeah, I feel the same. Don't get it at all. xD

From my 2nd/3rd read, I interpret the events as Santa Klaus actually being a puppet created by Tolka's master. He did that same arm-transformation the other puppets did, and the mirror-panel of him and Tolka after the latter's been puppified by her further imply it. Apparently, under some conditions puppets can remain somewhat human. Her saying that he's now part of the family and calling Santa grandpa also support this idea. Or maybe she's a puppet made by Santa? Or anyone contracting the puppet devil becomes a puppet? Madness! Anyway, Santa then sacrificed himself and three of the children the German government gifted him (lmao) to summon hell into the mall.

.. but just as I'm writing this, I remember that it was said Devilmen can't be turned to puppets. Does this also mean a puppet cannot have contracts?

Also, that hell, I don't get it at all, but I know that I'm intrigued as fuck by the fact that the ceiling is made of doors looking like the one from Denji's dream, so that probably is a door to hell after all!

Also, does anyone else ship Aki and Angel..? :catblush:
from what i saw, i predict that Tolka's master is actually Santa's puppet, but more similar to human, because that kind of puppet is achieved through prolonged human interaction, and it can replicate Santa's skill by doing the same to anyone it interacts prolongedly with.

...but i dont get the hell's concept at all. it really is exciting though. Santa's devil is Devil of Hell? who can beat that?

Akai2

🆉🅾🆁🅾 🆃🅾🅾 🆂🆃🆁🅾🅽🅺!
Tolka is an example for all the simps out there lol

Also on the second read I'm leaning towards Santa being Tolka's master puppet. I can't wait to see where this Hell arc goes.

I have a feeling we'll get to know more about the Chainsaw sound devils hear before they die :hope:

Akai2

🆉🅾🆁🅾 🆃🅾🅾 🆂🆃🆁🅾🅽🅺!
Did you guys read chapter 64 yet?

I never thought I'd be this interested in a newer manga again.

The primal fears devils want to Kill Makima and they made a contract with the Doll Devil. Even the arms make the name "Makima".

The hell arc is going to be insane to read weekly.

seems the quest for gun devil must get a detour since there is literall hell and transcendent devil, lol.

i'm really invested in this manga but by this kind of pace i guess this manga would finish in less than 200 chapters? not that im complaining though, better to fit the pace with the weight of story as much as possible, and imo the author lays out the pace incredibly.

Fuck me in the ass, what a chapter!
Loved how the trippy art and the kind of meta-panelling suited the bizarre and transcendent situtation, that presentation was unlike any other devil so far. Fujimoto's really good at this, already loved it with Fire Punch!

So, there are two panels where the flying arms are forming japanese letters. I know one is saying "Makima", but what about the other? It's on pages 12 & 13 in this link: https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1006426

Know any Japanese speaking persons on this forum? @Bogard @comrade @Cinera @TheAncientCenturion

So, Makima's hype just increased exponentially. The devilmen's reaction to the darkness devil was similar to Power's when Makima exerted aura or silenced her. That plus her feat of having that mafia guy bleed with just a glare makes me assume she's one of the transcendent devils, or at least contracted with one. Since they were said to have never died and thus never left hell, that wouldn't make sense though. If she really was, the primal fear she represents would need to be something to cross the reality/hell bridge, and the only one I could think of was: Death. Sounds random though, lol.

Also intrigued by this apocalypse mentioned in Santa's letter.

Akai2

🆉🅾🆁🅾 🆃🅾🅾 🆂🆃🆁🅾🅽🅺!
Fuck me in the ass, what a chapter!

So, Makima's hype just increased exponentially. The devilmen's reaction to the darkness devil was similar to Power's when Makima exerted aura or silenced her. That plus her feat of having that mafia guy bleed with just a glare makes me assume she's one of the transcendent devils, or at least contracted with one. Since they were said to have never died and thus never left hell, that wouldn't make sense though. If she really was, the primal fear she represents would need to be something to cross the reality/hell bridge, and the only one I could think of was: Death. Sounds random though, lol.
If she's one of them why would they want to kill her? I'm starting to think she's the representation of a diety or an omnipotent being. Maybe that's why Pochita tells Denji in his dream to open those doors that look like hell.

Also, did anyone get these severed astronauts? xD
Read something about a reference to some NASA-founders having been satanists, lol
Search for Jack Parsons

Akai2

🆉🅾🆁🅾 🆃🅾🅾 🆂🆃🆁🅾🅽🅺!