General & Others Chainsawman : General Discussion thread

Who are your favourite characters?

• Total voters
lol, that was one trippy slaughtering. They all dying

I love this freaky kind of action, and the art is amazing!
Also, I now strongly believe that Makima either is or has a contract with a primal devil. Darkness uses the omnipotent force of shredding and nothing Darkness-specific, and this reminded me strongly of the way Makima kills. Completely squashing people or blasting giant holes into them, the powers seem similar. Maybe Makima only had to climb the shrine so her influence would reach far enough.

Fuck me once again! I gagged when Bow Hybrid Quanxi landed in front of Denji, had to take a moment to even grasp what's going on at this point! The action's once more just savage, nice pacing and panelling, topped by the wicked design of Quanxi!

Love their temporary truce. I don't see Quanxi suddenly turning on Denji again, I think they feel kind of bonded due to the rareness of Hybrids. The way she casually asked Denji for help and him not even questioning it was cool, that thin bond between them was nicely conveyed. After this introduction, I don't expect her to die anytime soon - I can rather see Hunter x Darkness being defeated, though I'm wondering what happens afterwards. I could, however, see Makima disposing of Quanxi, but not without revealing some of her nature or intentions.

Last edited:
i cant even comprehend half of the current battle and story situation but i'm just here to show my loving to this series.

one thing, do you all think Quanxi's devil form will hinder her to have extreme speed? or it will be the opposite?

either way, i really love how the author portrays Denji being a reckless weakling, it's so natural.

one thing, do you all think Quanxi's devil form will hinder her to have extreme speed? or it will be the opposite?
I think it's the opposite, it allows her to have extrem speed (and I think this was already shown).

Reze talked about "applying" the devils' powers. She was the Bomb hybrid, so she used explosions to move at high speed. With Quanxi it's the same I think, her movement feels like an arrow to me, she's there, and then ~zack~ she's gone! Love how the panneling really gives her that arrow feeling.

So, I expect Denji to at some point use horizontal chainsaws on the feet to move like on automatic roller blades, lol

Halloween! HALLOWEEN!

Halloween Halloween Halloween!!!!! Makima's ruthlessly killing Quanxi and her girls and Kishibe just blindfolding himself....big ooofff
Yeees, god dayum, Makima cruel..
I mean, it's Fujimoto, but hard to imagine he'd create that amazing Quanxi Hybrid design for just pretty much three scenes.

Maybe, once hell has opened and the foreshadowed apocalypse is set in motion, Denji will reunite with his Hybrid Harem, lol. This chapter for the first time confirmed Denji's immortality, I always thought he was only immortal in Hybrid form until he was killed by Curse in human form and could still revive. So maybe.. maybe Reze and Quanxi still arive?

Excited for this arc's conclusion, wonder if Kishibe is going to approach Denji and reveal some things about Makima!

Also a huge shoutout to that Cosmo library art. That panel of Master falling into endless bookshelfs just demonstrated Fujimoto's talent with scale, that whole "infinite knowledge" moment was totally underlined by the proportions of Master and that endless range of books. For folks not yet into the series, this is what I'm talking about:

Last edited:

Akai2

🆉🅾🆁🅾 🆃🅾🅾 🆂🆃🆁🅾🅽🅺!
Halloween! HALLOWEEN!

Yeees, god dayum, Makima cruel..
I mean, it's Fujimoto, but hard to imagine he'd create that amazing Quanxi Hybrid design for just pretty much three scenes.

Maybe, once hell has opened and the foreshadowed apocalypse is set in motion, Denji will reunite with his Hybrid Harem, lol. This chapter for the first time confirmed Denji's immortality, I always thought he was only immortal in Hybrid form until he was killed by Curse in human form and could still revive. So maybe.. maybe Reze and Quanxi still arive?

Excited for this arc's conclusion, wonder if Kishibe is going to approach Denji and reveal some things about Makima!

Also a huge shoutout to that Cosmo library art. That panel of Master falling into endless bookshelfs just demonstrated Fujimoto's talent with scale, that whole "infinite knowledge" moment was totally underlined by the proportions of Master and that endless range of books. For folks not yet into the series, this is what I'm talking about:
Absolutely, the infinite knowledge library portrayal was so artistically ambitious, it's very impressive for a weekly manga.

I saw this on twitter, it was a nice savage call back my Makima. I've never been so scared and so attracted to a character at the same time before lol

HALLOWEEN HALLOWEEN HALLOWEEN
Post automatically merged:

Scary woman :shame:

Last edited:
Absolutely, the infinite knowledge library portrayal was so artistically ambitious, it's very impressive for a weekly manga.

I saw this on twitter, it was a nice savage call back my Makima. I've never been so scared and so attracted to a character at the same time before lol

HALLOWEEN HALLOWEEN HALLOWEEN
Post automatically merged:

Scary woman :shame:
Definitely, & I also thought this about the detail of hell with all those doors! Or even the Infinity Devil back then. The panelling is just sick!
And lol, yeah, Makima's giving you two kinds of nosebleed.. :yasu:

Definitely the most intriguing villain (?) in any ongoing Manga I'm following so far!