General & Others Chainsawman : General Discussion thread

Who are your favourite characters?

• Total voters
Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying, KNY is a huge consistent pile of overhyped ultrapredictable 💩. I kinda enjoyed reading it though, it was aesthetically pleasing and overall not bad, but I'm sick of reading the same kind of stuff over and over again. Every character was a plain manga archetype without soul except maybe Inosuke and Zenitsu. The MC is awfully written, in my opinion the worst MC ever
Chainsaw showed middle finger to a big plot point in aki and gun demon only to subvert expectation. Imagine if Sasuke never takes revenge on itachi and itachi is revealed to be a robot controlled by akatsuki. It has good parts and is very refreshing but it also has low points too. In comparison kny is consistent imo. Only the muzan fight sucked

Chainsaw showed middle finger to a big plot point in aki and gun demon only to subvert expectation. Imagine if Sasuke never takes revenge on itachi and itachi is revealed to be a robot controlled by akatsuki. It has good parts and is very refreshing but it also has low points too. In comparison kny is consistent imo. Only the muzan fight sucked
I respect your opinion, but what Kishimoto did to Madara is far worse than Itachi being a robot 😅

The last arc of naruto sucked. But I am making a comparison with KNY. I read it in continuity. Reading weekly only for aki to get cucked I would have dropped it.
I read it since the first episode and it wasn't the first time Fujimoto threw a curve ball, making Denji kill one of his first friends and then killing Power in front of his eyes to destroy his determination, was really nice way to set Makima as one of the most calculative villains ever written, she needed Denji to feel like he had a place where he belonged to, just to make it crumble, She just wanted to get Pochita for herself so she had to tear him apart from Denji, both metaphorically and physicaly; In the process Makima used everyone in the series to get what she wanted, having Chainsaw devil to change the world or being eaten by him as a fan

I wish you luck, I don't find CSM that interesting, Imho people are really overhyping it pr should I say I don't find it as crazy good as people pretend it to be.

I was looking for a gore series but CSM overdoes it at times.

I prefer JJK from the new gen.

CSM is literally a GO HAM series.
I like JJK too, but CSM is my favourite new gen, what's Go ham?

Go crazy go ham, total destruction mega battle! Something like that.

I was waiting to see how Denji improved in Part 2 when he finally showed up I was disappointed, he's still the same and that's not a perk imho.
It's okay for me, I don't really feel him exactly the same though

I think that Denji is trying to bury his past to get relieved from it. When Yoshida reintroduced himself Denji's answer felt fake. I hope Nayuta shows up soon, but knowing that we expect that, Fujimoto will take his time for sure

I read it since the first episode and it wasn't the first time Fujimoto threw a curve ball, making Denji kill one of his first friends and then killing Power in front of his eyes to destroy his determination, was really nice way to set Makima as one of the most calculative villains ever written, she needed Denji to feel like he had a place where he belonged to, just to make it crumble, She just wanted to get Pochita for herself so she had to tear him apart from Denji, both metaphorically and physicaly; In the process Makima used everyone in the series to get what she wanted, having Chainsaw devil to change the world or being eaten by him as a fan
Well if you like subversion of expectations rather than built up and pay off then yeah. Its similar to last jedi movie. I hated it but a bunch of people liked it because it subverted expectations

Well if you like subversion of expectations rather than built up and pay off then yeah. Its similar to last jedi movie. I hated it but a bunch of people liked it because it subverted expectations
Nah, it's not the same, Star wars is a well defined world that isn't meant to have subverted expectations, more like the contrary. I liked Rogue One over all the new shitty trilogy though. I wouldn't feel really comfortable putting Star wars in Fujimoto's hands, but I'm pretty sure he would have written better new trilogy or Obi wan Kenobi series. Kenobi traveling the galaxy smoking weed with Jar Jar Binks would have been a better show

Man i fucking hate Makima in the anime. I don't know if it's cause of what she does in the manga, But i wanna punch this bitch whenever she on screen. I had no problem with her in the manga though. Also, her VA suits her too much. She conveys that arrogance and entitlement or whatever very well. So that might have something to do with it too.

Man i fucking hate Makima in the anime. I don't know if it's cause of what she does in the manga, But i wanna punch this bitch whenever she on screen. I had no problem with her in the manga though. Also, her VA suits her too much. She conveys that arrogance and entitlement or whatever very well. So that might have something to do with it too.
Knowing who really is has this effect. Most of the people who didn't read the manga I showed the anime to liked her for "not being" the stereotypical anime female