General & Others Chainsawman : General Discussion thread

Who are your favourite characters?

• Total voters
Anyone interested in this currently on-going series by the creator of Fire Punch?
Should actually be widely heard of, considering it's published on mangastream.

Me, I've completely fallen for it. I like the pacing and the progress of events, the characters are pretty well written (so intrigued by Makima) and Denji's main drive being his hormones is just amazingly retarded, lol. That puking kiss or the ball kicking requiem were just golden scenes. Also, the brutality kinda fits the plot about Devil Hunters needing to have some screws loose and be total maniacs to function in te job. The way that's portrayed is pretty spot-on. Reze's current rampage sets the bar yet even higher, with her casually ripping off heads or eating the guy's lower body. Actually hope that this teacher of Denji and Power gets to face Reze, would probably be an insane fight. Angel might be a possible opponent, too.

I also wonder just how the Chainsaw is related to the other Devils, considering the Gun ist after it so much. Also gonna be interesting where the Gundevil actually is, I don't believe it to be Makima tbh. If she's actually after killing it, secretly working for it, if she's even human or devil, I don't know tho.

Still no one into this? Give it a tray, laaads!

The recent chapter was amazing, wonder how long it is 'til Makima's secret is revealed.

Also, with that whole food-on-the-floor-scene and everyone agreeing Denji shouldn't eat it, Microbes/Bacteria Devil confirmed? Maybe that's one of Santa Klaus' (lol) devils Kishibe was scared of.

it's amazing and careless and honest. I like Reze as one of the best girls in manga surpassing any girl from One Piece somehow.

i just dislike it how Makima and Angel can submit Reze so easy in the current chapters.

And when Denji's dreams consisted of "the door", and there was the talk of "hell", wow chills down my spine

yeah, I really loved that hell introduction and the chainsaw's connection to it!

I found reze's death reasonable tho, let's not forget Makima's mere presence is enough to scare and submit devilmen, and a single look has you bleedinh from nose and ears. Plus, w/o bomb, Reze is but a trained girl. Plus, she was kinda ambushed.

I agree tho, Reze was amazing, that entire Bomb action was just stunning. Just the design, so damn wicked!

i urgently need a reference that somehow explain whether in the biblical or other religious reference, is there a demon king with a chainsaw as a weapon? because the chainsaw devil seem to be an demon god or something.

N

NeutralWatcher

Nice manga. I think Denji needs to learn Martial arts. The last enemy beat him like a rag doll.

Denji needs To learn not to charge head on into his enemy and rely on his saw all the time.

omigodomigodomigod.

why why WHY doesn't Takehiki Inoue or Murata Yuusuke Sensei remake this gem as soon as he can?

xuan xi and the angel are real badasses. but since the santa is hyped, i cant helped but predict that xuanxi will be defeated earlier than the gramps.

Last edited:
Chapter 61!!! I have so many thoughts about Makima's role. But I'll stop investigating further because I like to be surprised.
Well, I love that the manga isn't giving us much to research yet, Makima's role is pretty much what everyone's most hyped about and still a surprise! Loved that twist with Kishibe, so guess he must've found out Makima's not exactly on the human side.

Can't wait to see Wild Dog Kishibe (lol) in action, so far I've been a little underwhelmed with the action of this arc, but I'm 100 % sure we won't be disappointed once shit really goes down. Also, sounded like Santa has multiple devils up his sleeve, bet he's gonna get wicked.

Anyone else understood this whole Denji eating food from the floor thing as a foreshadowing for germ/bacteria devil? I mean, most people are sceptical/afraid of bacteria to some extent, all of these devil hunters sure were.

Akai2

🆉🅾🆁🅾 🆃🅾🅾 🆂🆃🆁🅾🅽🅺!
Well, I love that the manga isn't giving us much to research yet, Makima's role is pretty much what everyone's most hyped about and still a surprise! Loved that twist with Kishibe, so guess he must've found out Makima's not exactly on the human side.

Can't wait to see Wild Dog Kishibe (lol) in action, so far I've been a little underwhelmed with the action of this arc, but I'm 100 % sure we won't be disappointed once shit really goes down. Also, sounded like Santa has multiple devils up his sleeve, bet he's gonna get wicked.

Anyone else understood this whole Denji eating food from the floor thing as a foreshadowing for germ/bacteria devil? I mean, most people are sceptical/afraid of bacteria to some extent, all of these devil hunters sure were.
I honestly think the action is just getting started with this arc.

As for Makima, the potential is there for an incredibly layered character. My favorite chapter is probably when her and Denji went to the movies and she cried. It was a sign there's some humanity left in there. But how it all fits together with her current plans and Kishibe will be great to see.

I honestly think the action is just getting started with this arc.

As for Makima, the potential is there for an incredibly layered character. My favorite chapter is probably when her and Denji went to the movies and she cried. It was a sign there's some humanity left in there. But how it all fits together with her current plans and Kishibe will be great to see.
Yeah, though I never really got the point of that chapter. I mean, it got across the point that both are extremely excentric and emotionally weird (watching movies in the cinema all day), and aside from that showed the similarity between her and Denji. And Denji has a lot of humanity remaining inside him, so not sure if that's supposed to mean Makima's also a hybrid or not.

Definitely the character I'm most intrigued about in any manga at the moment!