General & Others Chainsawman : General Discussion thread

Who are your favourite characters?

• Total voters
Will Denji or Yoshida have to off Yuko here?
Yuko can read minds now right? So if she does go through with the school shooting, Denji will probably be there and he will intervene, so she would know that Denji is the CSM. And Yuko now probably knows Asa/Yoru's objective of offing CSM. So she might tell Asa/Yoru that info hoping Yoru will help her when Denji is beating her ass.

Or something totally unpredictable happens lol. Next few chapters bout to be fire :steef:.

My opinion on Part II so far:

I greatly enjoyed the first 3 or so chapters. Asa as new main focus was really refreshing (didn't even miss Denji), the Bucky situation was perfectly quirky, and the whole Asa-Yoru plot fundament got me really excited.

The folloing chapters somehow felt like they were lacking direction, though. Not much happening, a bit over the place, and Yuko hasn't grown on me that much yet, kind of lacks the charm of the OG cast. Also, Asa has no real goals or ambitions other than to get by. Can't quite put my finger on it, but Part I had this overlaying plot, the worldbuilding lore of Makima, the Gun and the Chainsaw's secret. Part II is so far lacking this sort of general aim, which I think is part of the reason the mid-section of these new chapters felt a bit slow.

Then Denji returned, which was nice, but he somehow feels even more retarded than in Part I, lol. Puberty I guess, but I feel like this is just very superficial, there's more to him in this part than shown so far. Nothing on Nayuta or Power or anything yet - that I'm excited about! And now, with the possible massacre, I feel like things are headed a certain direction again, which I enjoy!

Granted, it's CSM, so things are bound to be random and insane and pacing going from seemingly very slow to pretty rushed. I'm still enjoying Part II so far and still believe in Fujimoto's magic. The future is best! :catsweat:

Last edited: