Chapter 166 and the Direction of the manga

Will chapter 166 be redrawn even though murata said they would not on Twitter?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So now that we have had a few days to digest the new chapter...
Are you guys really ok with this? . The direction the manga is taking?.

In my opinion, the next chapter will make or break the entire manga for me. And I don't see many ways for it to be good. They seem to be veering the story off into a very cliche/shonen-ey/tropey route. And it is seemingly done as purely serious, with no subversion or gag undertones.

For a manga whose very core concept is the absurdness of its MC, it seems like they have abandoned that for cheap drama and fake tension.

My other question is,
If the manga didn't have the amazing(probably the best in the industry currently) art, and instead it had average art like onepiece or even my hero, would you guys still say this is "peak fiction", " hypest ever", "Best OPM has ever been"
Etc....?

Idk.
Am I just being a hater and webcomic elitist?

Someone who have read webcom current plot is moving away from essence of the strory..
Saitam always was absurbed over powered main character who break all set rules of shounen manga..
This tension ? There r 100 more manga u can read for it ..OPM was build diffrent

Don't take it seriously Garou is still getting stomped soon. Saitama has always been this way it's just that we're seeing this side of him because shit is actually serious now.
Will go back to normal after Garou's defeat.
I genuinely think Garou is getting stomped soon
Garou probably gets one shot next chapter
But the damage is already done.
This is the first time (as far as i remember) that Saitama entered a fight, failed to put down the enemy and got removed for a significant amount of time.
saitama underestimated garou, and it cost him his disciple (genos probably isnt gonna die, but saitama doesnt know that right now.)

I'm looking at these last two chapters as God Vs Saitama Part 1
But I have to agree that last chapter felt too dark and shouneny compared to our usual OPM. Since they can always redraw a chapter I see it as ONE trying to go a different route than the webcomic (which the manga already did, we have Blast as a regular character now).

Tbh I have no idea how to feel about this
It deviated from the webcom multiple times before and got redrawn again and again and again because people complaining maybe idk
So I just got the feeling maybe its going to get redrawn again like usual

few years ago I picked up webcomic for the sole reason of seeing Garou Vs Saitama cause of hype and I stopped after the fight ended. It was everything I had hoped for it to be. Saitama totally humbled the full power awakened Garou, even Garou says he feels like an ant. Shows how crushing the his defeat was. This manga version of Garou is matching punches with Serious Series..:okay:

few years ago I picked up webcomic for the sole reason of seeing Garou Vs Saitama cause of hype and I stopped after the fight ended. It was everything I had hoped for it to be. Saitama totally humbled the full power awakened Garou, even Garou says he feels like an ant. Shows how crushing the his defeat was. This manga version of Garou is matching punches with Serious Series..:okay:
Well either Saitama completely annihilates Garou next chapter or Murata didn't understand the essence of the original manga and what Saitama is supposed to be and we're reading a manga that shoudn't be affiliated to the original one anymore.
I hope Saitama humiliates him personally, it was so well done in the ONE manga and it was so hype, Garou didn't even understand what was happening. And Saitama wasn't even serious, it was just a glimpse of what he could do.
That's what we want to see (or at least I), Murata seems to be giving too much importance to Garou here.

Exactly.
He's mimicing the movement but he can't mimic the power that stems from Saitama's training
I could see that.
But, the dual serious punch clash doesn't feel great to me. Cause, I would say that Saitama is thoroughly pissed off and is aiming to end or put down garou with that punch. It isn't like the serious punch against boros or elder centi. This is a truly angry saitama.

And here we have garou completely reacting to the punch, having the time to activate his saitama mode, and pull out his own serious punch to counter saitama. That logically means that garou has much faster reaction speed and attack speed than a serious saitama.

So if a truly serious saitama can't put down or is even countered by an enemy, what even is the point of him?

I could see that.
But, the dual serious punch clash doesn't feel great to me. Cause, I would say that Saitama is thoroughly pissed off and is aiming to end or put down garou with that punch. It isn't like the serious punch against boros or elder centi. This is a truly angry saitama.

And here we have garou completely reacting to the punch, having the time to activate his saitama mode, and pull out his own serious punch to counter saitama. That logically means that garou has much faster reaction speed and attack speed than a serious saitama.

So if a truly serious saitama can't put down or is even countered by an enemy, what even is the point of him?
Since we are going full shounen:
Saitama being angry might impede on the weight of his punches. Whereas before his punches had the weight of a hero behind them, this one has anger behind it lessening its potency and impact.
This is an SBS level explanation lol just trying to make sense of it until we get the next chapter

Since we are going full shounen:
Saitama being angry might impede on the weight of his punches. Whereas before his punches had the weight of a hero behind them, this one has anger behind it lessening its potency and impact.
This is an SBS level explanation lol just trying to make sense of it until we get the next chapter
Yeah. I guess all we can do is wait and see. I hope they can explain all the problems and inconsistencies.