Versus Battle Charlotte Katakuri runs the Akatsuki Gauntlet

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars

VERSUS

How far does Katakuri make it into the members of the Akatsuki?

Scenario: He gets 3 heals. He has no intel on his opponents prior to the fight, they have no intel on him either.

Round 1: Hidan
Round 2: Sasori
Round 3: Konan
Round 4: Deidara
Round 5: Kakuzu
Round 6: Kisame
Round 7: Itachi (not Edo, but Healthy)
Round 8: Pain (the Pain that fought Jiraiya/Naruto)
Round 9: Obito (pre-Ten Tails Obito)

Bonus Round 10 (In case you think this is too easy): Edo Madara (not 10 tails)

How far does Katakuri get and why?

@TheAncientCenturion @Light D Lamperouge @Sentinel etc etc etc

I don't understand why OP's stats are said to be so much higher than Naruto's, because their blows are drawn a certain way? Naruto battle speed is defined as near teleportation just because Kishi displays it more casually doesn't mean its less than.

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
I don't understand why OP's stats are said to be so much higher than Naruto's, because their blows are drawn a certain way? Naruto battle speed is defined as near teleportation just because Kishi displays it more casually doesn't mean its less than.
Because they have more AP with physical blows. A Low Tier (for the current powerscaling) managed to overpower a 10,000 tons man recently. The physical strength a lot of characters have once you get into the high tiers puts them at Mountain+ level. Speed's superior because they react to and casually avoid Lightning on a handful of occasions from different sources, Enel and Nami being the two most notable.

Because they have more AP with physical blows. A Low Tier (for the current powerscaling) managed to overpower a 10,000 tons man recently. The physical strength a lot of characters have once you get into the high tiers puts them at Mountain+ level. Speed's superior because they react to and casually avoid Lightning on a handful of occasions from different sources, Enel and Nami being the two most notable.
Strength maybe I could see but utilizing electricity (Enel) doesn't make it automatically as fast as a true lightning strike...Nami's weather stick is just ridiculous to use here but I won't argue since I haven't seen enough.

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
Strength maybe I could see but utilizing electricity (Enel) doesn't make it automatically as fast as a true lightning strike...Nami's weather stick is just ridiculous to use here but I won't argue since I haven't seen enough.
I feel like the Lightning he specifically calls from clouds is probably legit? All around, though, OP seems to operate on a higher level than Naruto thanks to that. Some crazy stuff later on doesn't help either though lol.

There's only three techniques from the above individuals that can put down Katakuri:
1. Totsuka blade sealing; this would require a lot of luck to connect with Katakuri. Itachi doesn't have stamina to keep it up for a long period of time due to MS strain, and he doesn't have the speed to counter up with Katakuri's FS (unless Katakuri loses his chill).

2. Nagato's soul dragon via Gedo Mazo. If this connects it's an automatic W for Nagato. But again will require heavy luck, since Katakuri can outrun it and avoid it otherwise.

3. Kamui. Will be interesting to see if Katakuri could be fast enough to bypass that Hax, or figure out a strategy to do it. If he does, it's a 1-shot. If he doesn't, it's a stalemate since Obito can't damage him. The only other way would be to teleport Katakuri into the Kamui Dimension and leave him there leading to Katakuri's eventual death, but this wouldn't be exactly beating Katakuri (but if you do, then this would be the way Kamui beats him).

Other than that Katakuri wipes.

Bonus round: Edo Madara, Edo Tensei is simply overpowered if you don't have sealing techniques. Katakuri will eventually run of CoO stamina, and then Madara will put him down with just a regular susanoo or hell just with his fan.

Last edited:
I feel like the Lightning he specifically calls from clouds is probably legit? All around, though, OP seems to operate on a higher level than Naruto thanks to that. Some crazy stuff later on doesn't help either though lol.
I'm pretty sure we saw the lightning linger though, it wasn't just a bolt it was a beam. He's never actually used a lightning bolt.

There's only three techniques from the above individuals that can put down Katakuri:
1. Totsuka blade sealing; this would require a lot of luck to connect with Katakuri. Itachi doesn't have stamina to keep it up for a long period of time due to MS strain, and he doesn't have the speed to counter up with Katakuri's FS (unless Katakuri loses his chill).

2. Nagato's soul dragon via Gedo Mazo. If this connects it's an automatic W for Nagato. But again will require heavy luck, since Katakuri can outrun it and avoid it otherwise.

3. Kamui. Will be interesting to see if Katakuri could be fast enough to bypass that Hax, or figure out a strategy to do it. If he does, it's a 1-shot. If he doesn't, it's a stalemate since Obito can't damage him. The only other way would be to teleport Katakuri into the Kamui Dimension and leave him there leading to Katakuri's eventual death, but this wouldn't be exactly beating Katakuri (but if you do, then this would be the way Kamui beats him).

Other than that Katakuri wipes.

Bonus round: Edo Madara, Edo Tensei is simply overpowered if you don't have sealing techniques. Katakuri will eventually run of CoO stamina, and then Madara will put him down with just a regular susanoo or hell just with his fan.
Another danger for Katakuri could be Kisames giant water prison jutsu. Theres no way for Kata to escape or counter it.

3 heals is too much. 3 heals + FS lol he'll basically have enough intel to pound his opponents. He stops at Madara.

Without the heals he stops at Itachi. Debatable if FS can predict Genjutsu

What counter does he have for the sharingan ?
Sharingan in what? As I have said in another thread, FS itself doesn't give you immunity against strong genjutsus but Katakuri can easily predict such moves. Note that CoO users can literally fight totally blind which makes eye-to-eye genjutsus almost useless.

Apart from that, let's compare them (I'll take OBD stats as a comparison):

AP/DC:

The Naruto characters Pre-War arc are not comparable at all to Katakuri, the exceptions are Itachi and Nagato. Hence Katakuri conformably beats everyone else with a few powerful hits.

Durability:

Katakuri takes it conformably as well but like I said before, Itachi and Nagato are an exception here (especially with Susanoo). But the rest of them are no real competition.

Range:

Katakuri can cover entire areas (several hundreds meters) into his awakening, hence he has both long ranged and CQC attacks via awakening. Deidara can compete with his strongest bombs but outside of him, Nagato has to pull out his strongest attacks to reach similar AOE - with huge drawbacks.

Speed:

Katakuri has relativistic with light speed reactions; far superior to the Akatsuki members, even Itachi and Nagato are slower than him.
Furthermore, due to Katakuri's CoO, his precognition allows him to see several seconds into the future, allowing him to see entire moments whatsover his opponents are doing.

Hax:

Due to Katakuri's logia-like body, he also has some sort of intangibility in which his opponents cannot deal real damage against him as long as they do not have something which is effective against mochi.

However, Nagato and Itachi have sealing techniques in which they could defeat Katakuri with a single hit; Itachi with his Totsuga Sword (note that Katakuri can take off body parts to save himself from that sealing technique just like Killerbee took off a part of his body when Amaterasu hit him) and Nagato with his soul manipulation.
Also, Deidara shouldn't be underestimated either since his stronger bombs are very powerful - C4 can destroy Katakuri's cells with microscopic bombs but I guess, as long as Katakuri uses effectively his shape-shifting ability or takes off a part of his body, it shouldn't be that effective.

All in all, Katakuri beats all Akatsuki members but he stops at Edo Madara; dude is just too powerful for him.

Last edited:

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
Sharingan in what? As I have said in another thread, FS itself doesn't give you immunity against strong genjutsus but Katakuri can easily predict such moves. Note that CoO users can literally fight totally blind which makes eye-to-eye genjutsus almost useless.

Apart from that, let's compare them (I'll take OBD stats as a comparison):

AP/DC:

The Naruto characters Pre-War arc are not comparable at all to Katakuri, the exceptions are Itachi and Nagato. Hence Katakuri conformably beats everyone else with a few powerful hits.

Durability:

Itachi takes it conformably as well and like I said before, Itachi and Nagato are an exception here (especially with Susanoo). But the rest of them are no real competition.

Range:

Katakuri can cover entire areas (several hundreds meters) into his awakening, hence he has both long ranged and CQC attacks via awakening. Deidara can compete with his strongest bombs but outside of him, Nagato has to pull out his strongest attacks to reach similar AOE - with huge drawbacks.

Speed:

Katakuri has relativistic with light speed reactions; far superior to the Akatsuki members, even Itachi and Nagato are slower than him.
Furthermore, due to Katakuri's CoO, his precognition allows him to see several seconds into the future, allowing him to see entire moments whatsover his opponents are doing.

Hax:

Due to Katakuri's logia-like body, he also has some sort of intangibility in which his opponents cannot deal real damage against him as long as they do not have something which is effective against mochi.

However, Nagato and Itachi have sealing techniques in which they could defeat Katakuri with a single hit; Itachi with his Totsuga Sword (note that Katakuri can take off body parts to save himself from that sealing technique just like Killerbee took off a part of his body when Amaterasu hit him) and Nagato with his soul manipulation.
Also, Deidara shouldn't be underestimated either since his stronger bombs are very powerful - C4 can destroy Katakuri's cells with microscopic bombs but I guess, as long as Katakuri uses effectively his shape-shifting ability or takes off a part of his body, it shouldn't be that effective.

All in all, Katakuri beats all Akatsuki members but he stops at Edo Madara; dude is just too powerful for him.
Amatarsu. He burns to death.

His paramecia is like a logia, otherwise his shape-shifting wouldn't work at all.
The only differences between his special paramecia and logia fruits are that his ability is not elemental based but despite of that, it is identical to logia-bodies - therefore, his ability was introduced as a logia fruit before.