China's Top-10 All Time Generals

Who stands at the top of all generals in China's history?

• Total voters
In the known history of China for the warring states era available to us, there are great amounts of powerful generals. Who are the top 10 generals to exist in abilities of bringing in Ws with an army, due to their tactics, instincts, martial might, experience, and leadership???

My top 10:

1. Gakuki - Unparalleled achievements
2. Riboku - Unparalleled achievements outside of Gakuki. Carrying whole of Zhao on his shoulders
3. Ouki - The image of a general that the MC chases
4. Hakuki - The leader of the Qin6
5. Renpa - The top Zhao 3 of his era, held up Ouki & Hakuki in a stalemate
6. The Tiger of Chu - The longest serving military individual of Chu, known as Conqueror of the East. (could potentially be above Renpa/Ouki/Hakuki)
7. Ko Shou - Said to potentially be the mastermind behind the Qin 6
8. Rinshoujou - Formidable tactician who had monsters under him
9. Yotanwa/Tou - The King of Kings & The Perfect General of Qin
10. Tou/Yotanwa - The Perfect General of Qin & King of Kings

Last edited:
I know Gakuki and Hakuki have masssive hype specially Gakuki but i don't think it would make it a lot of sense for him storywise to be the greatest and that's because he is dead if Shin is supposed to become the greatest general in China's history then Hara would want to show him surpass and kill whoever holds that position and the current most hyped generals in this era is Riboku
1: Riboku
2: Gakuki
3: Hakuki
4: Ouki
5: Renpa
6: Tiger of Chu
7: Rinshoujou
8: Ousen
9: Ko shou
10: Duke

HakuKi "the DEMON" of China. Still most renowned general for being killing machine (butcher). He had even defeated coalition forces different times as well as had record of being undefeated and taking millions of lives. Only problem is there isn't any clash against GakuKi as Qin never made any campaign in east (Qi and Yan) before unification.

This man played the biggest role in weakening rival states of Qin in warring era.

Other than HakuKi, i believe only ShibaSaku and Renpa has such feats only.

This is thanks to the Kingdom Community's research and collected data from different sources.

Historical 6 Great Generals’s feats. Its not all but few major battles :

316BC - Shiba Saku conquered state of Shu and Ba in 10 months

310BC - Shiba Saku suppressed rebellion of Shu

301BC - Shiba Saku suppressed rebellion of Shu (again)

293BC - Battle of Yique: Haku Ki defeated Wei-Han coalition army and killed 240k troops

291BC - Shiba Saku invaded Wei and captured region of Zhi. Later he invaded Han and captured region of Deng.

289BC - Shiba Saku and Haku Ki invaded Wei and captured 61 castles

280BC - Shiba Saku invaded Chu

279BC-278BC - Battle of Yan and Ying: Haku Ki invaded Chu, flooded castle Yan (along with giant Chu Army that was stationing in) and captured capital of Chu - Ying

273BC - Battle of Hua Yang: Qin+Han vs Zhao+Wei. Haku Ki and Ko Shou defeated alliance army and killed 150,000 Zhao-Wei soldiers. Before battle Ko Shot captured 3 Wei castles

271 BC: Battle of E Yu: Chou Sha defeats Ko Shou

Before 261BC: Chou Sha died

262BC-260BC - Battle of Changping (Chouhei); Ou Kotsu and Haku Ki vs Ren Pa

260BC - Rinshoujou died

259BC - Ou Kotsu conquered castle Pi Lao of Zhao

259BC-257BC - Battle of Handan: Ou Kotsu and Ou Rei vs Ren Pa

257BC - Ou Kotsu launched counterattack against Coalition Army (Chu-Zhao-Wei), killed 6k Wei soldiers and captured two castles (FenCheng and NingXinZhong)

256BC - Kyou attacked Han and killed 40k soldiers. Later Kyou attacked Zhao and killed 90k soldiers. Western Zhou formed Coalition with other states against Qin. Kyou invaded Western Zhou and king of Zhou surrendered.

254BC - Kyou attacked Wei

251BC - Yan Army (600k) invaded Zhao. Ren Pa Army (80k or 200k) and Gaku Jou Army (50k) defeated Yan Army

245BC - Ren Pa left Zhao and went to Wei

More clearly about HakuKi only - https://www.chinafetching.com/bai-qi

Last edited:

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
Is this top 10 Generals from just Kingdom or from actual Chinese history? I’m not equipped to answer the ladder so I’ll address the former lol. And I’ll only do with the current manga.

So, just all time strongest is extremely tough to say because there are more factors that go into winning a battle than just the strength of a general. On top of the stuff you listed in the OP:

due to their tactics, instincts, martial might, experience, and leadership???
There are factors such as subordinates, morale raising, the state that they fight for, etc..all of these come together to make a General. So, based on all of these criteria, I guess I would say, in no particular order:

Riboku
-Goes without much explanation, Ouki describes him as “unprecedented” and Ren Pa called his defeat of Ouki “overwhelming” and referred to Riboku as “the most dangerous man in all China” among the current era of Generals, where several top tiers have claimed fame.

Haku Ki
-The Qin 6 are the strongest Generals in this manga basically, even other top tiers like the Zhao 3 and Gaku Ki were stated to be equal to them, and as the one who stood at the top of the Qin 6 as their leader, Haku Ki is a contender for GOAT status. I’m biased because I read up on some of this guys historical feats, but I think Hara will mostly stay true to him. And historically, this guy was a nightmare. Other states would gather entire armies against Qin, find out that Haku Ki was the Qin General sent against them, and would promptly surrender immediately. He had an undefeated record and was credited with the deaths of over a million people. Dude is a legend for sure.

Gaku Ki
-Another contender for GOAT status, he actually repelled a superstate Qi invasion with a Yan Army. That by itself is insane alongside other crazy feats lol. His hype also speaks for itself.

Kou En
-The only reason I put him so high is because he is an even stronger General than Kanmei who I will discuss more on below. I think he belongs in the same tier as the Qin 6 and Zhao 3.

Ren Pa/Ou Ki
-These two are basically equals, and I consider them to be the pinnacle of what a GG is capable of. They are simultaneously tactical masterminds as well as being top tier warriors. Lips Sama is a strategic mastermind who could not be fooled by even Riboku, as well as a giant-balled man-monster who thrashed Houken to near death. Renpa is a strategic mastermind, an Instinctual General, and a freaking mighty warrior in his own right.

Moubu (Kammei)
-I don’t take Shouheikun’s words on him lightly. “Moubu is Qin’s most terrifying General” and this was said with Ousen, Tou, and Kanki all active. Mouten also said his offensive strength is the greatest in Qin history, and 2 of the Qin 6 were heavily offensive Generals lol. In my opinion he is overall the strongest Qin General right now.

Ou Sen
-A tactical mind on the same level as Riboku. His Gyou campaign was the stuff of legend. There are Great Generals who probably couldn’t have accomplished such a feat.

Yo Tan Wa
-Semi-overlooked in our fandom, but she was already believed to be on the level of the Qin 6, and the mountain people consider her a “King among Kings.” Like Sei, she is a once in a millennium King who is basically the Sei of the Mountains lol.

Rin Shou Jou
-I don’t really have much to say about him other than that from observing Gyou Un and Chou Garyuu, his tactical insight was Godly and his subordinates were freaking insane. His charisma was also that of a great King, and he had strong ass dudes fighting under him and violently respecting him.

Duke Hyou
-And last but certainly not least, Duke Hyou is a hardcore sleeper. He could legit, depending on the circumstance, smash any General on this list with his Instincts. He is a wildcard who is really capable of anything on the battlefield, and I think he is probably a lot more legendary than we realize.

I don’t want to rank them in any particular order because that’s far too hard and subjective lol.

Last edited:
Is this top 10 Generals from just Kingdom or from actual Chinese history? I’m not equipped to answer the ladder so I’ll address the former lol. And I’ll only do with the current manga.

So, just all time strongest is extremely tough to say because there are more factors that go into winning a battle than just the strength of a general. On top of the stuff you listed in the OP:
Kingdom only bruhz. Our guy Ouki and few others wouldn't sniff the list based on the history. :pepemy:
Strictly Kingdom, but can use history as minor reference to elaborate on events that are stated to have happened in the manga if needed.
Post automatically merged:

@NeutralWatcher I see you over there reping the Tiger of Chu man.

To be honest, I feel like dependent on how Oda wants to play out the future campaigns, Tiger of Chu does have the potential to be the best general currently in the series not based on achievements greatness, but just his abilities.

Last edited:
In the known history of China for the warring states era available to us, there are great amounts of powerful generals. Who are the top 10 generals to exist in abilities of bringing in Ws with an army, due to their tactics, instincts, martial might, experience, and leadership???

My top 10:

1. Gakuki - Unparalleled achievements
2. Riboku - Unparalleled achievements outside of Gakuki. Carrying whole of Zhao on his shoulders
3. Ouki - The image of a general that the MC chases
4. Hakuki - The leader of the Qin6
5. Renpa - The top Zhao 3 of his era, held up Ouki & Hakuki in a stalemate
6. The Tiger of Chu - The longest serving military individual of Chu, known as Conqueror of the East. (could potentially be above Renpa/Ouki/Hakuki)
7. Ko Shou - Said to potentially be the mastermind behind the Qin 6
8. Rinshoujou - Formidable tactician who had monsters under him
9. Yotanwa/Tou - The King of Kings & The Perfect General of Qin
10. Tou/Yotanwa - The Perfect General of Qin & King of Kings
Is gakuki others name guan yu?
Or three kingdom time line different with kingdom? Got confused with the time line :josad:

Is gakuki others name guan yu?
They are two different blokes.
Or three kingdom time line different with kingdom? Got confused with the time line :josad:
They are set in different time periods. The Kingdom manga is set during the end of the Warring States Period between mid to late 200 BC.

Romance of the Three Kingdoms is set a few centuries later between 169-280 AD.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
Hakuki, Riboku, Renpa and Ousen are historically considered the greatest generals during warring period of China. They are also the best in Kingdom. I think Gakuki, Ouki, Kouen are also goats. Who can be the other 3? :hope: if we count EoS, Shin, Ouhon, Mouten, Yotanwa should be the candidates
Strictly from in-Manga hype, Kou En should be up there as well.

I mean I do agree ... he is one of greatest warlords in history ever ...
he wasn't just a general or leader or warlord he was a force of nature
if he was alive today I would gladly die for him

but he is not Chinese let alone a kingdom character
Post automatically merged:

I still reading the manga ... but looking and this thread I feat Ousen is not as hyped as he should've been in manga

cause should be top 4 ... but maybe story made him top 6? maybe lower ... I have to keep reading

In some series it's far too damn hard to settle down for a Top 10 and kingdom is one of them. There is so much to be considered, but I'm giving it a try.
  1. Hakuki the "Demon of China". This man terrified the entirety of China so much that they still haven't recovered from it. The most dangerous of the Q6 and his achievements speak for itself.
  2. Gakuki. One man army. Sometimes it's hard for me to even accept what he supposedly accomplishment back in the day. He must've been an absolute Goat in every field.
  3. Riboku. The strongest "three great heaven" of all time and that means much coming from a Renpa fanboy as myself. We also don't need too mention his accomplishments. As long as Riboku was there the Qin didn't do shit to the Zhao as he promised. I think historically a few natural disasters and an obvious plot from the Qin was what brought Riboku to his knees, still, in a straight war they couldn't take this dude out.
  4. Ousen-sama. Based on RL accomplishments Ousen might've been the best general during the warring states. His manga portrayal isn't any worse, don't make me think more about Ousen or I'm going to wank this guy to heaven.
  5. Kou EN the tiger of Chu. This guy has absolute Top Top Top tier portrayal in the manga being above guys like Kanmei and holding the place of undisputed NO.1 in the entire CHU army the most competitive of all China. I personally think Kou EN is currently the "strongest" general in Kingdom.
  6. Ouki. No need for explanation. The only reason I put him above Renpa is due to his importance for Shin. He's basically the Roger of Kingdom.
  7. Renpa. The Ouki of Zhao. Renpa is an absolute GOAT and an exact equal to Ouki. There's nothing Renpa can't do on a high level and he's the only guy that so far has overshadowed Ousen with his presence alone.
  8. Kou Sho. Not much is known about him, but from what we know he was Shouheikun on steroids. The mastermind behind the Q6 who created the grand scheme of their battles. We need to know more about him.
  9. Yotanwa. The King of Kings and best girl. She's slept on far too much. A Top Tier general with the qualities of a King basically equal to that of Sei. We know from Riboku's history how strong the mountain tribes are and Yotanwa has nearly conquered them. Those feats need to be considered.
  10. Rin shou jou. Not much is known about him, but he gives off the vibe of a King. He was a Top Tier strategist probably equal to the likes of Ousen/Riboku but he had even greater charisma and leadership qualities.
I wanted to settle down between Tou and Yotanwa, but ended up giving tanwa the edge.
Kanmei and Moubu aren't there because while they have overwhelming combat strength I think in an Top 10 more shit matters.