Chu Generals

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
So, let’s talk about Chu Generals. I mentioned in the previous Chapter discussion thread, but the new Chu Generals that we just met, Man U, Sen To Un, Gen U, Ju Ko Ou, have really intrigued me as far as the state of Chu’s overall power and I figured that a discussion about the strength of Chu Generals might be necessary lol.

Some background:
So as we all know, Chu is the strongest state in China:

And this makes the selection process for Chu Generals much more rigorous:

It’s well known in the community that Chu Generals are significantly above most Generals of the other states (people like Gakuei of Zhao, Heki of Qin, Haku Kisai of Wei, etc.) with Chu’s number 2 Great General Kanmei defeating Qin 6 Great General Ou Kotsu back when he was still not a Great General yet

Kan Mei was later promoted to Great General and was the #2 in Chu when he was slain.

Ka Rin at the time of the Coalition War, as far as I can tell, was not a Great General either but just a standard General:

And Shun Shin Kun himself referred to her as a “genius” and Riboku called her the “real deal” after only hearing one sentence from her lol. Ka Rin also claimed she was as strong as Kan Mei himself (which is probably an exaggeration though she is probably an incredibly strong warrior). Sure she got promoted after the Coalition War but still lol.

Rinbukun who was the “weakest” Chu General present in the Coalition War overwhelmed Rokuoumi pretty convincingly

And despite what some claim, actually did pressure Tou pretty hard, at least much harder than Kou Yoku did at the time lol.

The 3 Chu Generals present at the Coalition War were extremely strong, and yet Kou Retsu told Renpa that he was “stingy” when he selected them (I don’t have this panel off hand lol.)

All that said, these new Chu Generals we just met saw Moubu’s strength for themselves, and know full-well that Moubu slayed Kan Mei, and they still don’t seem very convinced that Moubu can actually beat them...lol

It might be overconfidence but even their strategist (strategists being known for being more rational than warriors in a lot of cases) also didn’t seem to be that concerned. Lol

I think maybe I just underestimated the value of tactics in Warfare. Shouheikun did state pre-Bayou that tactics were the ultimate way to win wars and that martial strength can seldom overcome superior tactics, and we did see Kochou himself stall out the new Qin generals Yo Tan Wa presumably only using tactics, so maybe Chu’s strategist General just figures that he can do the same to Moubu, idk.

Still, I think it would be pretty ridiculous if these guys were even on par with Kan Mei strength wise but...

I guess where I’m ultimately going with this is what should we expect from Chu generals in the future? Do Generals like Man U have a realistic shot of defeating Moubu? And what does this mean for future Campaigns?

Use this thread for discussing the power levels of Chu generals lol. Some tags:

Last edited:

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
The tags didn't work

About the Generals I don't think any of them can strike as hard as Kan Mei. In brute strength the guy was likely the best in Chu. But they are likely smarter, they also maybe have dirty tricks, and they are maybe more skillful than Kan Mei too.

I think the best one can be a good threat to MouBu while being inferior in 1 vs 1, but with tricks, tactics and skills maybe he can bother him a lot.

It is the occasion to see if MouBu is better tactical wise than before.

I think Tou fight will be Kou Yoku (won't kill him maybe stalemate) and maybe one of the Chu generals (will kill him).
Post automatically merged:

Rinbukun who was the “weakest” Chu General present in the Coalition War overwhelmed Rokuoumi pretty convincingly
To be fair Rokuomi was dodging Haku Rei arrows while fighting Rin Bun Kun. I don't think Rokuomi and Rin Bun Kun were that far from each other