Chapter Discussion COC is not enough to Scar nor Deal Significant Damage to Kaido

Shisui

Never Feed The Badders Pasta

Imagine how fucking weak is Yamato and Luffy G4 AdvncCOC.

they couldnt even made a shit lke at Kaidos body

lmao let alone compare to those weaklings to nerfed 90% dead zoro

pathetic
Do you ever make sense??? What does Bellamy have to do with the topic at hand you doner kebab
Post automatically merged:

How do you expect Yamato without a sword to scar him?? and what do you mean Yamato and Luffy didn't do significant damage to Kaido. He got white eyed by that attack and bled. That shit hurt like a mf

Last edited:
There was no Ice on Yamato's thunder Bagua so try again.
? Yeah, because it's a blunt attack. I'm not even talking about it. I'm talking about 'Hallowed Glacier Slash' which was covered in sharp ice, making it a slash.

I never said this. Go back and reread.
You said that other than CoC, CoA + powerful attack can also damage Kaido which would explain why Shanks or BM couldn't scar Kaido. I mean you're saying that Zoro has that better combination than freaking Shanks and BM, which I said was hilarious. What's the confusion here?

He should... especially when he has an ability literally stated to "destroy things from the inside out".

In addition, his COC attacks are doing less damage than Zoro's non COC attacks which proves my point that COC is not required to deal significant damage to Kaido
Blunt attacks have not even been implied to scar Kaido in the first place, so yeah, Luffy is indeed irrelevant to the scar discussion. As for the amount of damage he's doing, it's literally internal. You're not meant to see it in the first place. So comparing it with other attacks like Zoro's non-CoC ones is useless.

Yes there is??? Do you any other sword that feeds of the user's haki? They both being of the sane grade only means that they are equal in craftsmanship, same goes to the Ame no habakiri, but only Enma is treated as being special when it comes to its power
Enma draining it's user haki is supposed to make it better than others? You realize swords have no powers on their own they don't work same way as df what Tenguyama explained about Enma was nerf rather than ability to boost power. It uses up your haki in one go Zoro wanted to cut a tree but it took enough haki from him to slice a cliff instead leaving him visibly exhausted how is that a boost exactly. Enma does not add to your haki reserves either cutting that cliff was something within Zoro ability to do with any of his swords.

I had my doubts after Kaido fully recovered from Luffy ADCOC attacks, now I have to 100% agree with the same thing. Kaido is able to recover from all these ADCoC attacks, they are not enough.

But I wonder if it has something to do with the below purple "smoke" looking lines that seem to branch out from impact area of the cut.

People talked about this and assumed it was CoC depiction and we noticed this only with the newest Asura. It's shown forming all around Asura, which is different than any other time, don't know if it is just drawing effect.

vs.

Yeah, because it's a blunt attack. I'm not even talking about it. I'm talking about 'Hallowed Glacier Slash' whi
Yet it managed to make Kaido bleed from the forehead proving my point. Go check what you quoted. Yamato made Kaido bleed from his forehead with a blunt attack which means if it was strong enough, it could cause a scar

You said that other than CoC, CoA + powerful attack can also damage Kaido which would explain why Shanks or BM couldn't scar Kaido. I mean you're saying that Zoro has that better combination than freaking Shanks and BM, which I said was hilarious. What's the confusion here?
It would be easier for you to just QUOTE where you claim I made that statement. Since it looks like you didn't understand the point and just going by your own preconceived notions.

Blunt attacks have not even been implied to scar Kaido in the first place, so yeah, Luffy is indeed irrelevant to the scar discussion. As for the amount of damage he's doing, it's literally internal. You're not meant to see it in the first place. So comparing it with other attacks like Zoro's non-CoC ones is useless.
Again Yamato used a blunt attack yet managed to cause bleeding on Kaido's forehead.

Again no, it is "destroying something from the inside out"... Even the illustration makes it clear that it is visible.

It isn't useless because the thread is about COC not being a requirement for scarring or dealing significant damage to Kaido

by his own admission he just reads the spoiler
:cantseeme:

Last edited:
H

humanbeing

Luffy and Yamato use blunt attacks so they don't leave scars to begin with and still Yamato's attacks are not as effective as Luffy, because Luffy has inner destruction haki, so his attacks hurt more than Yamato's.
Kaido has a recovering ability he gets hurt no doubt about that but he recovers fast. what will defeats him will be a huge fire gatling attack with inner destruction armament and CoC coating.
Zoro was able to leave a scar because of three things:
1. He uses swords.
2. Enma, that uses the user's haki, so it is something equal to a very advanced armament haki technique.
3. the attack was amplified by unconscious CoC coating.
If Zoro didn't have Enma he would not be able to leave a scar in the first place. that is a fact, because Zoro already was able to cut Kaido before using Enma and he used his three swords
as he used Asura but he only was able to inflect a single wound instead of 3 wounds.
Oden on the other hand has a better advanced armament so it doesn't matter if he used Enma or not since he can use a refined advanced armament on his another sword, that equals using Enma or the other sword has the same ability as Enma. so he was able to inflict two wounds for the two swords .
at the end of it you can say: beside Zoro while using Enma Luffy is the only one who can hurt Kaido significantly.
Zoro vs King will enable Zoro to refine his armament haki enough so that it doesn't matter if he uses Enma or not. Enma is a training tool, that lets Zoro get a feeling for the effective use of his haki and is better then any Sensei.

Enma draining it's user haki is supposed to make it better than others?
Because it uses that haki to make even greater slashes, its very simple
You realize swords have no powers on their own they don't work same way as df what Tenguyama explained about Enma was nerf rather than ability to boost power
Did you even read the pages that I sent? Tenguyama did the exact opposite of that, Zoro himself said that once he mastered it he would be stronger so how the hell are you getting the idea that its a nerf?
Enma does not add to your haki reserves either cutting that cliff was something within Zoro ability to do with any of his swords.
I have no idea how you reached this conclusion tha I said it boosts Zoro's haki, and you completely misunderstood the cliff sequence. Zoro put out enough strength only to cut a tree, but Enma sucked his haki and used it to instead generate enough force to cut a cliff instead, thats the wording even in the unofficial translations

Again, thats not the first time we saw something like that, Shisui was similar as a "slash ehancer". Go and check all the pages I dumped, it was made excruciatingly clear that Enma is special and a boost

CoC is nothing more than a tool. Its as strong as the person that wields it. It does not matter if you can scar an opponent with it. Its a pointless feat if the opponent is able to brush it off and kick your ass.
This is a clear reference to the Grandmaster Zoro I guess.

Well I imagine the good thing is that he had just been struck by Hakai, or else I would have funnily partially agreed. :goyea:

Not really the slashes are proportionate to the amount of haki it takes from it's user it won't amplify it any further than that it doesn't work that way
Did you even read the pages that I sent? Tenguyama did the exact opposite of that, Zoro himself said that once he mastered it he would be stronger so how the hell are you getting the idea that its a nerf?
Tenguyama explained Enma nerf well he then went on to complimenting Zoro for having withstood it's effect and not being drained to mere husk. Zoro mastering it means overcoming it's haki draining quirk learning to use it like his old Shusui if Enma was slash enhancer there would be no reason for Zoro to train.
I have no idea how you reached this conclusion tha I said it boosts Zoro's haki, and you completely misunderstood the cliff sequence. Zoro put out enough strength only to cut a tree, but Enma sucked his haki and used it to instead generate enough force to cut a cliff instead, thats the wording even in the unofficial translations
No Enma took enough haki from Zoro to slice a cliff when he initially just wanted to cut a tree, the haki it drained from him is proportionate to the slash it caused again it's not amplifying anything but using too much haki from the user when they haven't mastered it yet.
Again, thats not the first time we saw something like that, Shisui was similar as a "slash ehancer". Go and check all the pages I dumped, it was made excruciatingly clear that Enma is special and a boost
You are wrong again as i told you already Shusui was a clear upgrade over Yubashiri Enma is not, as it's same grade as Shusui while also being a black blade what's more Enma never got any special attention when Oden was using it not even once or put above Ame no habakir, both swords did play equal role scarring Kaido with zero indication Enma was the key to that or enhanced Oden's atack i don't see why that would suddenly change now just because it has different user

Have you even listened to what he said?

Read the title, the thumbnail and listen to introduction.
He says he has an argument in the video. Are you the type of guy that reaf headlines and not read article.

One Piece YouTubers suck ass. BDA Law Mr Morj and Rogersbase etc etc are so cringe i stg. Only good one is Jay D Legend and Yuderon
How? They give their opinions like everyone here does. Morj analysis videos are top notch. He just has bad theories. Rogerbase gives faair criticism to one piece. Sawyer good too

Oda stated way back in the day that Luffy's proficiency was conquerors, and its stated by Rayleigh that conquerors gets stronger as you yourself grow stronger as you face strong opponents. It would be massive BS if Zoro, who only had 1, maybe 2, serious fights in all of pre TS and didnt even know he has this type of haki, suddenly had stronger conquerors than Luffy, who has been pushed to the limit multiple times and had multiple haki blooms:seriously: and Yamato is definitely more proficient at it so thats up to debate as well
Wouldn't that mean someone was just flat out stronger than Luffy after the timeskip?

Recent chapter demonstrated that simply having a COC infused attack is not enough to leave a scar on Kaido nor Deal significant damage to Kaido.

Yamato used COC on her thunder Bagua which caused Kaido to bleed from the forehead, however, Kaido did not receive a scar from the attack.

When Kaido was hit with togen totsuka by the Scabbards, he stated that they did not have enough power to open up the old scar. He never mentioned anything about COC.

At first I believed that COC was required to scar Kaido especially from the Zoro scene. However, with recent chapters, the explanation would be that Kaido sensed COC in the attack (just like Luffy did) and the attack left a scar because it was as powerful.

COC on its own is useless without a powerful attack backing it. Hence it is not a requirement to scar Kaido. What is needed is Armament Haki + significant power. This is why Big Mom was worried for Kaido when facing Hiryu Kaen which didn't have COC

This would explain why Kaido only has two scars (Oden and Zoro) even though he has fought other COC users like Big Mom, Shanks, Luffy and Yamato.

Discuss
:milaugh::milaugh::milaugh::milaugh::goyea:

Blunt attacks can't scar, that's true. Yamato used ice to convert it into a slash.

As for the main question, of course, a powerful attack from a bladed weapon is indeed required to form a scar. But saying that Big Mom and Shanks don't have the strength to scar Kaido is hilarious. They're yonkos ffs. I for one don't think that Kaido has ever had a serious fight with either Shanks or Big Mom. Shanks wouldn't be 100% clean in Marineford if they had fought and BM considers Kaido her little brother. I think it's quite obvious they didn't have a serious fight.

As for Yamato, I do think that she might have less ap then Zoro but you also have to keep into account that her main offense is blunt attacks and not slashes. She hasn't been shown to be as adept at the latter. Also, this could very well be the first time that she has ever used a sharp attack, considering this is probably her first time using her devil fruit. Luffy shouldn't even be a part of this scar argument.
They maybe don't. You realize Big Mom fought Base Kaido for a day and some change, and failed to land a significant blow.

Extremely Nerfed Zoro fought full power Hybrid Kaido, and overpowered him in a 1v1 and scarred him.

Enma is basically just the Haki version of Sandai Kitetsu.

Kitetsu JUSTS cuts more than needed.
Enma cuts more than needed, but with haki.

You can't wank Enma as a booster especially when you actually consider that the haki aspect is a nerf. Whereas Sandai's isn't, Sandai would be more of a booster.

It's just all about cutting precision. Being able to cut how you want. It isn't a booster by any means. It's just a learning tool, and then with what Zoro has learned, he can enhance his attacks. The sword itself isn't a booster.

Last edited:
He says he has an argument in the video. Are you the type of guy that reaf headlines and not read article.

How? They give their opinions like everyone here does. Morj analysis videos are top notch. He just has bad theories. Rogerbase gives faair criticism to one piece. Sawyer good too
Yeah, but he still proceeds to call Zoro a greatest character. This is the main topic.