Versus Battle Code Geass vs Attack on Titan

R1: Which one is better? / R2: Which one do you enjoy more?/ R3: Which MC is better/liked more?

• Total voters

Light D Lamperouge

๐–‚๐–๐–†๐–™ ๐•ฎ๐–”๐–š๐–‘๐–‰ ๐•ณ๐–†๐–›๐–Š ๐•ญ๐–Š๐–Š๐–“
โ€Ž
Which series do you think is better and which one do you prefer?

Some criteria:

-Plot
-Main characters
-Side characters
-Villains
-Character designs
-Power system
-Story arcs
-Incorporation of themes
-Art
-Imagery
-Panelling
-Originality
-World building
-Characterization
-Enjoyment
- Etc.

Some of these are just copied lol. CG is an anime original so judge it by that.

VS

Last edited:
Code Geass all rounds for me. AoT was great as well and is also one of my faves, but CG just overall had the better story for my taste. And I really liked the charas in CG as well.

Lelouch vs Eren. Both are pretty similar, actually. They both started as innocent children who got to know the horrors of the world at an early age and wanted revenge. Lelouch on his family members and Eren on the Titans. And they both got powers which helped them do just this. Though what makes them different is their motivation. Eren was a lot more selfish when it comes to that than Lelouch. He wanted revenge solely for his own sake. While Lulu did everything he did to make a better world for people like his sister. And ultimately he even succeeded while Eren accomplished nothing. This is why I like Lelouch more. Heโ€˜s not selfish in the slightest, heโ€˜s actually very nice.

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
โ€Ž
AOT from chapter 1 to the rumbling = better than CG

I have two problems with CG (that I like a lot) :
- Charles subplot was butchered and fell flat. Marianne character is a mess
- the battle with mecha became nonsense fast lol. They created new flashy weapons each episodes and Suzak and Kallen ended up killing 1000 knightmare per seconds.

The second part was overall lot weaker than the first one

But CG end > AOT end (not that hard)

AOT from chapter 1 to the rumbling = better than CG

I have two problems with CG (that I like a lot) :
- Charles subplot was butchered and fell flat. Marianne character is a mess
- the battle with mecha became nonsense fast lol. They created new flashy weapon each episodes and Suzak and Kallen ended up killing 1000 knightmare per seconds.

The second part was overall lot weaker than the first one

But CG end > AOT end (not that hard)
Iโ€™ll take that Charles subplot and power inflation over seeing
Mikasa making out with Erens severed head
any day of the weak.

AOT end was something else lol I think everyone agree

But for 80/85% of the story AOT has the superior characters mysteries and story
But a story is only as good as itโ€™s conclusion. AOT could be great for so much of it; but that ending completely crapped on everything built up because the author stopped caring.

AoT is also significantly longer than Code Geass with 140 chapters each around 40 pages long. Yet Code Geass felt like the story made significantly more sense and Lelouches decent into a martyr was set up so much better than Eren turning into hitler.

Light D Lamperouge

๐–‚๐–๐–†๐–™ ๐•ฎ๐–”๐–š๐–‘๐–‰ ๐•ณ๐–†๐–›๐–Š ๐•ญ๐–Š๐–Š๐–“
โ€Ž
I didn't even read or watch AOT (and never plan to) after the debacle that was the ending (the backlash was unreal and I learned of it), so I voted for Code Geass for all three.
AOT is very good tho. Yes the ending sours the experience, but it's still a great story for the large part of its duration.