Character Discussion Could Akainu vs Dragon Happen?

Is Akainu vs. Dragon really happening?

• Total voters
Could Akainu vs. Dragon Happen?

Well, folks, considering that Dragon is the natural enemy of the World Government, leading the revolutionaries and being the most wanted criminal in the world, it's no surprise to anyone that Dragon's task is unique: to simply destabilize and overthrow the world nobles/government, unlike pirates who have other goals in mind such as finding the One Piece, dominating the seas, and so on. In the Marine, there are the government's watchdogs known as the Admirals, who are the guardians of the Gorosei and any Celestial Dragons, besides having a hidden chief like Imu-sama, whom the Admirals must be unaware of.

During Marineford, Akainu demonstrated a strong fixation on the name "Dragon." He repeated that name over and over again. Sabo and Dragon were the only ones who didn't do anything for Luffy in Marineford, with Dragon being the worst offender here. At least Sabo helped Luffy in Dressrosa, but what about Dragon? He only confronted Smoker once and then disappeared forever. Part of the focus that Luffy received from Akainu during Marineford was due to the fact that Luffy was revealed to be Dragon's son. There was a moment when Akainu stopped attacking Ace just to blindly target Luffy, the son of Dragon, and it was during that moment that Ace sacrificed himself. So, whether we like it or not, there seems to be some sort of connection.

I can clearly envision the scenario where Akainu, the greatest protector and loyal watchdog of the World Government, faces off against Dragon, their greatest enemy.

@comrade @Kerkovian @MonsterKaido @Hanzo hattori @Tejas @Zolo @ConquistadoR @Falcon @Erkan12 @Fleet Leader Fenaker

Last edited:
Could Akainu vs. Dragon Happen?

Well, folks, considering that Dragon is the natural enemy of the World Government, leading the revolutionaries and being the most wanted criminal in the world, it's no surprise to anyone that Dragon's task is unique: to simply destabilize and overthrow the world nobles/government, unlike pirates who have other goals in mind such as finding the One Piece, dominating the seas, and so on. In the Marine, there are the government's watchdogs known as the Admirals, who are the guardians of the Gorosei and any Celestial Dragons, besides having a hidden chief like Imu-sama, whom the Admirals must be unaware of.

During Marineford, Akainu demonstrated a strong fixation on the name "Dragon." He repeated that name over and over again. Sabo and Dragon were the only ones who didn't do anything for Luffy in Marineford, with Dragon being the worst offender here. At least Sabo helped Luffy in Dressrosa, but what about Dragon? He only confronted Smoker once and then disappeared forever. Part of the focus that Luffy received from Akainu during Marineford was due to the fact that Luffy was revealed to be Dragon's son. There was a moment when Akainu stopped attacking Ace just to blindly target Luffy, the son of Dragon, and it was during that moment that Ace sacrificed himself. So, whether we like it or not, there seems to be some sort of connection.

I can clearly envision the scenario where Akainu, the greatest protector and loyal watchdog of the World Government, faces off against Dragon, their greatest enemy.

@comrade @Kerkovian @MonsterKaido @Hanzo hattori @Tejas @Zolo @ConquistadoR @Falcon @Erkan12 @Fleet Leader Fenaker
I think LAkainu is going to face him somehow but it won't be a 1 v 1 battle till death if the Holy Knights are > Lakainu then Dragon will be battling them over Lakainu. If the Holy Knights arent above him them it makes sense since they both are of the same age and since Garp is a marine, Akainu and Dragon can have a past.

Dragon is a mystery and I think he is going to be all powerful since his aim of toppling the WG isn't that far below the one of becoming the PK and only pirates of that great level can dare take such takes against the ruler of te world. So I doubt if Akainu can take him on. You cannot challenge the WG and be called the worlds greatest criminal if you arent a top tier fighter.

Wind logia or mythical thunderbird is a very powerful df whose awakening plus the haki of Dragon( we can see Garp flexing, we already know what Luffy can do so its just a matter of time we see Dragon showing off his haki) makes him very powerful imo. Wind df is because Luffy is being related to Hanuman somehow and the father of Hanuman is the God of Wind Pawan\Vayu who once deprived the world of Air because Lord Indra attacked his son.

I think LAkainu is going to face him somehow but it won't be a 1 v 1 battle till death if the Holy Knights are > Lakainu then Dragon will be battling them over Lakainu. If the Holy Knights arent above him them it makes sense since they both are of the same age and since Garp is a marine, Akainu and Dragon can have a past.

Dragon is a mystery and I think he is going to be all powerful since his aim of toppling the WG isn't that far below the one of becoming the PK and only pirates of that great level can dare take such takes against the ruler of te world. So I doubt if Akainu can take him on. You cannot challenge the WG and be called the worlds greatest criminal if you arent a top tier fighter.

Wind logia or mythical thunderbird is a very powerful df whose awakening plus the haki of Dragon( we can see Garp flexing, we already know what Luffy can do so its just a matter of time we see Dragon showing off his haki) makes him very powerful imo. Wind df is because Luffy is being related to Hanuman somehow and the father of Hanuman is the God of Wind Pawan\Vayu who once deprived the world of Air because Lord Indra attacked his son.
I believe Dragon and Akainu were friends in the Navy, but Akainu chose to side with defending the corruption of the world while Dragon sought to change it, leading to a disagreement between them. Ultimately, Dragon defeated Akainu.

Yes, indeed. It's already established among those with a good sense of reasoning, that Akainu can't be the final boss for Luffy, unless with "EOS villain" we mean that Akainu will be the Blueno of the WG. The lore demands Joyboy to handle Imu or maybe Blackbeard, depending on latter's role, while the Celestials strongest and most loyal dog, who without hesitation, commits atrocities like bombarding civilian ships on behalf of his masters, might fight the leader of the Revos that oppose the strongest dog's masters, who guarantees the Celestial Dragons their immunity on the surface.

It’s a matchup I’ve been expecting, the two army generals facing off w perhaps some history between the two. Also there’s no way Dragon isn’t aware of the trauma Akainu put his son through as well as his “adopted” son.

I believe Dragon and Akainu were friends in the Navy, but Akainu chose to side with defending the corruption of the world while Dragon sought to change it, leading to a disagreement between them. Ultimately, Dragon defeated Akainu.
I think Dragon was an admiral touted as the next fleet admiral or even higher like Kong or he could have been a HK who due to Luffy's mom getting killed by a CD went on the path to liberate the world of those lousy fuckers.

Yes, indeed. It's already established among those with a good sense of reasoning, that Akainu can't be the final boss for Luffy, unless with "EOS villain" we mean that Akainu will be the Blueno of the WG. The lore demands Joyboy to handle Imu or maybe Blackbeard, depending on latter's role, while the Celestials strongest and most loyal dog, who without hesitation, commits atrocities like bombarding civilian ships on behalf of his masters, might fight the leader of the Revos that oppose the strongest dog's masters, who guarantees the Celestial Dragons their immunity on the surface.
Do you mean there are actually people who think Akainu is the final villain? I thought they were just trolling with that hypothesis. The final villain is Blackbeard or Im-sama. Blackbeard doesn't need to succeed as a pirate to become the king of the world. Luffy can become the Pirate King while Blackbeard becomes the King of the world. Blackbeard's plans seem to be heading in that direction of becoming the king of the world, so it's clearly either Blackbeard or Im-sama.

Akainu lacks any significant presence and development to be the final villain, unfortunately. I would say that Kaido's development as the final villain is even better than that of Blackbeard. Oda explicitly stated that the World Government and the Marines, along with the Celestial Dragons, couldn't take control of the Wano nation because of Kaido. That shows the magnitude of his influence as a true final villain. The World Government and the Five Elders fear Kaido, and even external enemies are afraid to go to Wano because of him. An admiral openly admitted to fearing Kaido, and Kaido was praised by several other people before Luffy fought against him. Kaido was literally praised by top tiers, by Blackbeard, by Big Mom, by Oden in his flashback, by Doflamingo throughout the post-timeskip, it was almost like a campaign of glorification for Kaido. Kaido truly had the most monstrous development as a villain in the manga. Oda literally wrote Orochi saying that the Marines + Government + Celestial Dragons couldn't bring down Wano because of Kaido, and that was incredibly ominous. On the other hand, Akainu was not led by anyone and it got worse when Aokiji, his equal, became a subordinate of a sea emperor.

I apologize for the misunderstanding at first, but I don't believe in Kaidou being the ultimate villain. I just believe Kaido's character development lines up better with that of an ultimate villain than the current Blackbeard is why Blackbeard needs to do more and more.

Last edited:
I apologize for the misunderstanding at first, but I don't believe in Kaidou being the ultimate villain. I just believe Kaido's character development lines up better with that of an ultimate villain than the current Blackbeard is why Blackbeard needs to do more and more
Yes, I agree. The personification of strength, the strongest creature which even the natural born destroyer labels as a thing, as if Kaido is something nature never intended to be, who conquered the Wano country specifically because it is an important hotspot in the grand scheme of things, being linked to the void century, to the Kozuki, holding a Road Poneglyph and an ancient weapon, with Sengoku pointing out how it is, that every main event or character is somehow tied to the Wano country and who, despite all of his brutality and abnormal strength holds deep knowledge about the world and displays wisdom, revealing the grand plan of conquering the world, obtaining ancient weapons and the one piece, turn the world into chaos and rip the nobles off their status.

That is, why Luffy had to go through all power ups in that one fight against Kaido; internal destruction, barrier and conqueror's infusion and even had to be awakened and revived as Joyboy, after Kaido took his life, ultimately being defeated by said Joyboy by refusing to dodge the island sized Monkey God Gun but taking it head on, while floating around on the island he lifted up for hours.

Last edited:
Yes, I agree. The personification of strength, the strongest creature which even the natural born destroyer labels as a think, as if Kaido is something nature never intended to be, who conquered the Wano country specifically because it is an important hotspot in the grand scheme of things, being linked to the void century, to the Kozuki, holding a Road Poneglyph and an ancient weapon, with Sengoku pointing out how it is, that every main event or character is somehow tied to the Wano country and who, despite all of his brutality and abnormal strength holds deep knowledge about the world and displays wisdom, revealing the grand plan of conquering the world, obtaining ancient weapons and the one piece, turn the world into chaos and rip the nobles off their status.

That is, why Luffy had to go through all power ups in that one fight against Kaido; internal destruction, barrier and conqueror's infusion and even had to be awakened and revived as Joyboy, after Kaido took his life, ultimately being defeated by said Joyboy by refusing to dodge the island sized Monkey God Gun but taking it head on, while floating around on the island he lifted up for hours.
The description is perfect.