Questions & Mysteries Could akainu's magma penetrate CoA haki?

Finalbeta

Law Nerd
For example, if WB applied fullbody CoA haki, could akainu's magma alone (without haki) destroy WB's head into half and make a hole on WB's chest?

Note: i'm assuming WB didnt cover his body with CoA when akainu destroyed his body, as many people believe WB couldnt use haki due to sickness
Yes Haki can defend against it however albeit it's very tricky to do so and in general not a good idea to try to tank his attacks

Better avoid them if too powerful

Shanks stopped It so yes.

But you probably Need a top class Coa

I mean... Even if Ace used Coa for defending he wuold still be dead
A named blade is already pretty durable. Add in barrier haki and it's pretty impossible for it to melt. Coming into contact though with the magma even if you have haki should present some problems. Sometimes haki can't even protect you from blunt physics attacks.

Shanks stopped It so yes.

But you probably Need a top class Coa

I mean... Even if Ace used Coa for defending he would still be dead
if Shanks used barrier haki then the magma never made contact with his blade. the only heat it would receive is from a small distance.
ik that the manga depicted some weapons melting, but in reality magma will not melt steel instantly while it would burn skin fairly quickly.

coating a body in CoA is not the same as using barrier CoA. one covers your body the other is outside of your body.
correct me if I am wrong, but so far we only saw barrier haki being channeled through the hands (and maybe feet...).
barrier could help against both burning and physical trauma where regular CoA just prevent the physical part, imo.

I think counter attacking the magma/ deflecting is easier than trying to fullbody haki tank it, spreading your haki thin like that is for sloppy scrubs like Pica (and to a lesser extent Vergo) with insufficient CoO.

Even people like Vista can slash at him without his sword melting, and even Jinbe could block without permenant hand damage, so you don't need yonko tier skills to avoid damage to your weapons/ fists.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
It is a clear shot at Ace's Haki I get it. You need to have top tier CoA to stop it but I can't understand to this day how the f'ck Akainu penetrated Ace inside out. Did he amplify his Magma fist with Haki? How? Cause you know Logia sh*t blah blah.