Theory D. Theories

What is your D. Theory?

All the things that people said about D.

Kureha: ''So is that what the people call him these days? Seems my reindeer has gone off with a very dangerous man indeed...''
--- Chapter 154

Nico Robin: ''Those of you who carry the name of 'D.'... Why do you fight?''
--- Chapter 180

Gan Fall: '' 'D.'... I see. They have the same initial... Is that why they are so similar...?''
--- Chapter 301

Law: Trafalgar ''D''. Water Law. But I am not actually supposed to tell anyone that name!''
--- Chapter 763

Corazon: ''Your D. alias. If that's true... You need to get away from Dofy immediately!''
--- Chapter 763

Corazon: ''That means you're one of the fateful few, the people of the D.!!''
--- Chapter 764

''If you don't behave, you'll be gobbled up by a D.''

Corazon: ''The enemies of the gods.''
--- Chapter 764

Corazon: ''If you view the Celestial Dragons as the 'gods' in this case... Then perhaps your people's goal is the very destruction of this world.''
--- Chapter 764

--- Chapter 392

Whitebeard: ''I run into guys with the D. name now and then... I've got one in my crew, by the name of Teach. Just what does the ''D.'' mean?''

Whitebeard: ''It's not you... The man Roger is waiting for... is definitely not you, Teach...''
--- Chapter 576

Law: ''I'm a D. too.''
--- Chapter 768

Doflaminogo: ''What nonsense did Corazon fill your head with? You think being a D. means you can stop me?!'' That ''Enemies'' claptrap is a superstition nothing more!!''
--- Chapter 768

Sengoku: ''D. !? Where is this boy from?''
--- Chapter 552

Bald Gorousei: ''It is always those with the D. who cause such trouble... Just like Portgas...''
--- Chapter 594

Joy Boy, D. and Imu connections;

Neptun: ''The man known as ''Joy Boy''... Lived in the surface world during the blank century.''
Nico Robin: ''Eight hundred years ago at least, then...''

--- Chapter 649

Imu cuts the wanted posters of two D. ; Straw Hat and Blackbeard, and also cuts ancient weapon Shirahoshi's picture.

--- Chapter 908

Roger: ''Oh, Joy Boy... I wish I'd been born in your time!! This is quite a treasure you've left behind!! A tale full of laughs!!''
--- Chapter 967

Now, what we know;

• They have a certain, a specific will
  • It should be a secret
  • They cause trouble and they fight
  • They are the enemies of the gods

I've two guesses;

It could be ''Destroyer'' or ''Devil'';

Why it could be Destoyer? Well it's obvious, they cause trouble and they fight.

Why it could be Devil?

It's obvious that natural enemy of the god is the devil.

Roger is called as ''demon'' by Garp;

Garp: ''At times like that, Roger became a true demon!!''
--- Chapter 588

And Teach's Jolly Roger;

Both Oars and Oars Jr. has 3 skulls;

Three skulls.

And what is the relationship between Teach and Oars?

They both could be from a snow/ice country.

Luffy: ''By the way did you know that people who live in snow countries don't sleep?''
Sanji: ''Huh why not?''
Luffy: ''Well if they fall asleep, they will die.''
Sanji: ''That's ridiculous! Everybody has to sleep!''
Luffy: ''It's true. I heard it a long time ago from someone''
Sanji: ''Did Usopp tell you that?''
Luffy: ''Nope. I heard it in a village tavern.''

--- Chapter 134

And Teach doesn't sleep;

Buggy: ''You see that guy wearing the hat Shanks?''
Shanks: ''Yeah.''
Buggy: ''I heard he didn't sleep a wink during the cease-fire last night or the night before.''
Shanks: ''Huh, why not?''
Buggy: ''They say he's never slept in his life.''

--- Chapter 966

It's possible he is from ice/snow county.

And which country Oars is from?

''The devil that came from the ice country.''
--- Chapter 456

And who is this ''Devil''?

''The mad warrior that was called the 'devil' himself!''
--- Chapter 456

They also called Nico Robin as ''Devil Child'', it could be because she can learn and tell the truth about the ''D.''.

Where there is also a giant straw-hat;

There are also similar symbols to Oars's symbols in the marijoa hidden cells ;

Similar to Oars's cloth symbol which looks like a different type of cross like symbol;

The secret cells in marijoa were also in a very cold place, just like Teach's (possibly) and Oars's home country.

Teach's name also mentioned for the first time in Drum Island, and Drum Island is a Winter Island.

Dalton: ''It was a pirate crew of only 5 people... Their captain called himself Blackbeard. With overwhelming strength, they destroyed our entire country in the blink of an eye.''
--- Chapter 133

Aokiji, the former Admiral who has the power of the cold, is now siding with Blackbeard.

Gorousei: ''And what of Kuzan, then? He's dedicated his considerable power to assisting Blackbeard, of all people!! A fine message that sends about the marines!''
--- Chapter 793

Roger's crew understands why the government wanted to hide Roger's name;

''Well, at this point, I can understand why the world government would want to hide your name!!''
--- Chapter 968

As for the other theory; DAWN.

This is mostly because of the recent developments via Pedro, Minks and the Kozuki clan and their relationship with the D. Clan, as well as Yamato mentioned about DAWN, when she talked about Oden's journal. And the first chapter's name is Romance Dawn.

Another theory; DREAM

What is the theme of D.'s? ''Will of the D.'' , people's dreams.

Why do they smile when they die?

Because they don't die, ''People's Dreams Never Die'' - Blackbeard.

Blackbeard inherited Xebec's will, that never die.
As well as Luffy inherited Roger's will, that never die.

Last edited:
As for the other theory; DAWN.

This is mostly because of the recent developments via Pedro, Minks and the Kozuki clan and their relationship with the D. Clan, as well as Yamato mentioned about DAWN, when she talked about Oden's journal. And the first chapter's name is Romance Dawn.
Another Dawn, and light mention in chapter 1014;

And previously ''light'';

And if Dawn comes after melting Snow, what will be that Snow? Someone from Snow country?

''By the way did you know that people who live in snow countries don't sleep?''
''Huh why not?''
''Well if they fall asleep, they will die.''
''That's ridiculous! Everybody has to sleep!''
''It's true. I heard it a long time ago from someone''
''Did Usopp tell you that?''
''Nope. I heard it in a village tavern.''

--- Chapter 134

https://worstgen.alwaysdata.net/forum/threads/is-blackbeard-from-a-snow-country.2325/

Oars's species

''The devil that came from the ice country.''
--- Chapter 456

Perhaps there is a connection between; Oars's species, Teach's D. clan, and Imu;

There are cold cells inside of marijoa with the similar symbols that Oars wears.

Perhaps; Rocks, and Marshall clans were D. royalties that ruled the world, while Monkey and Gol clans are the rebellion leaders of the D. clan who oppose the Xebec and Marshall clans.

Why Blackbeard named his ship as ''Saber of Xebec''?

Perhaps for the same reason why real life Blackbeard named his ship name as ''Queen Anne's revenge''?

''According to historical records, Blackbeard was born Edward Teach, an Englishman faithful to the line of Stuart kings and queens, who named his pirate ship after Queen Anne in her honor when the throne of England and Scotland fell to the house of Hanover after her death.''

Blackbeard perhaps just like his real life counter part, is a faithful to the line of the D. Clan royalty, and he wants the follow the same path as Xebec.

We don't know if Imu was part of the same kingdom as D. or did Imu usurp the power of the D. clan, or did Imu come from a different kingdom, not from the great kingdom that Clover mentioned.

Deva (/ˈdeɪvə/; Sanskrit: देव, Deva) means "heavenly, divine, anything of excellence", and is also one of the terms for a deity in Hinduism.[1] Deva is a masculine term; the feminine equivalent is Devi.

In the earliest Vedic literature, all supernatural beings are called Devas[2][3][4] and Asuras.[5][6] The concepts and legends evolve in ancient Indian literature, and by the late Vedic period, benevolent supernatural beings are referred to as Deva-Asuras. In post-Vedic texts, such as the Puranas and the Itihasas of Hinduism, the Devas represent the good, and the Asuras the bad.[7][8] In some medieval Indian literature, Devas are also referred to as Suras and contrasted with their equally powerful but malevolent half-brothers, referred to as the Asuras.[9]

''By the way did you know that people who live in snow countries don't sleep?''
''Huh why not?''
''Well if they fall asleep, they will die.''
''That's ridiculous! Everybody has to sleep!''
''It's true. I heard it a long time ago from someone''
''Did Usopp tell you that?''
''Nope. I heard it in a village tavern.''

--- Chapter 134
I just realized that Shanks told Luffy this in the tavern and he was talking about Blachbeard.

Since we're dealing with Oda here, it makes sense that D would stand for a few different things, depending on who you ask. For the Celestial Dragons, D stands for Demon. For those who oppose the WG, D stands for Dawn. A whole overarching theme on One Piece is the necessity of one generation dying to bring about the next (think Marineford acting as the bridge into Sabaody and the timeskip, or even the likely forced eradication of a people during the Blank Century to bring the Dragons to power). With that in mind, D represents both the end of one thing and the birth of another. The end of the Celestial Dragons, the Gourosei, the WG and the beginning of a free world.