Darkest villain of Dragon Ball

Among the various villains who opposed the Z-Team during Dragon Ball, DBZ, GT and Super who was really the darkest villain, the one who brought the most serious and darkest atmoshpere to the story with his presence and actions ?

Among the various villains who opposed the Z-Team during Dragon Ball, DBZ, GT and Super who was really the darkest villain, the one who brought the most serious and darkest atmoshpere to the story with his presence and actions ?
I know Frieza is the better villain, but the darkest and scariest for me, especially as a kid back then, is Cell. Especially his Base Form.

I am not saying a galactic tyrant like Frieza was not intimidating, but there is just something endlessly frightening about a lifeform who simply wants to eat you (like Cell) instead of enslaving you (like Frieza). Cell absorbing that rich dude in front of Piccolo is still Dragon Ball's scariest scene.

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
Imperfect Cell during his run would be the answer, but I don’t pick characters apart like that.

So the answer is Frieza. He was that insurmountable Peak that the Z fighters couldn’t get around for the longest time. Even his henchmen were such a challenge and you always knew Frieza was a notch above them. Recoome dominating Vegeta and the Z fighters is just great build up to Frieza. Then you have his multiple transformations and the fact he could toy with Goku like no previous villain.

Vegeta is a good second pick, but there’s barely any doom or gloom once Goku shows up. He matches Vegeta for a while and by then I don’t think anyone expected the freshly revived Goku to lose his life.

Baby vegeta.
He's one of the few antagonist that had personal reasons for hating the cast and not only that but his desire to enslave the saiyans using them as means to revive his people would be very dark for a dbz villian like not often do you think it's possible that the bad guy could be right as typically db bad guys are one dimensional cartoon villain with little depth

Finalbeta

Law Nerd
The Baby Vegeta saga was grandious. The little guy making his way through saiyans following a smart pattern on top of the hatred component and all the fights. Amazing arc.