Versus Battle Death Note vs Monster vs Code Geass vs Steins Gate

Which series is the best?

• Total voters

Light D Lamperouge

๐–‚๐–๐–†๐–™ ๐•ฎ๐–”๐–š๐–‘๐–‰ ๐•ณ๐–†๐–›๐–Š ๐•ญ๐–Š๐–Š๐–“
โ€Ž
Which series do you think is better and which one do you prefer?

Some criteria:

-Plot
-Main characters
-Side characters
-Villains
-Character designs
-Power system
-Story arcs
-Incorporation of themes
-Art
-Imagery
-Panelling
-Originality
-World building
- Characterization
- Etc.

vs

vs

Plot ---> Monster
Main Characters ---> Death Note
Side Characters ---> Code Geass
Villains ---> Monster
Character Designs ---> Code Geass
Power System ---> Code Geass
Story Arcs ---> Code Geass
Incorporation of Themes ---> Monster
Art ---> Code Geass
Imagery ---> Death Note
Originality ---> Monster
World Building ---> Code Geass

In my opinion Code Geass is Overall Best, Monster have Best Villain & Plot while Death Note have Best Main Cast & Directing
I didn't like anything about Steins Gate, was one of the Worst Animes i ever watched

Light D Lamperouge

โ€Ž
I didn't like anything about Steins Gate, was one of the Worst Animes i ever watched
I've actually never watched Steins Gate but have heard good things about it. So it's not worth the hype?

Villains ---> Monster
Who do you interpret as the villain of DN?

Main Characters ---> Death Note
Who do you interpret as the main characters here? It might be my fault since I just copied the form lol. I intended it to only be the one MC. In which I would rank them Light>Lulu>Tenma>whoever the MC of SG is.

Again sorry, who do you put in this section lol?
Post automatically merged:

Larimo coming in hot with the Steins Gate as his vote. @Marimo_420 I expect an explanation.

Light D Lamperouge

โ€Ž
Last edited:
I didn't try Monster yet, so I will just judge the other three!

Overall I think Code Geass is the best. Death Note dropped the ball after L's death and wasn't as interesting, and Stein's Gate is a lot more limited to a smaller world when compared to Code Geass.

CG has it all: world building, amazing characters all around, political and social dilemmas, a wide array of interesting issues and tragedy. And a fitting ending.

Haven't watch code guess , so would exclude that series .

-Main characters : Death Note. Light Yagami is one of the best well written character out there.

-Side characters : Death Note. A secret of this manga's success is equally good side characters.

-Villains : Its a Tie between Death Note and Monster.

-Character designs : Death Note

-Power system : These series are counted in physiological gener . Death Note

-Story arcs : Death Note . It will keep you hook up to keep reading . Monster has a flow.

-Incorporation of themes : Monster . Stick to its theme till the end. DN shaked midway but then the end is good.

-Art : Death Note

-Imagery : Monster with open world

-Panelling : Cant tell it's been long time I've read those series.

-Originality : All of them.

-World building : Monster

- Characterization : Death Note

I like Steins Gate too , but other two are just league of their own.
Code Guess I once tried to read , but the art style is not my cup of tea.

I've actually never watched Steins Gate but have heard good things about it. So it's not worth the hype?
Tbh u shouldn't follow my review because it simply wasn't my thing,
It was too slow for me & i think i watched so much time travel stuff that nothing shocked me in Steins Gate
Also most cast were females & didn't interest me at all, i found them generic

But again, the show is very popular & well liked & well made (Animation, Direction, OSTs ... etc)
So u might love it instead
His Parents imo, because his Father was presented as the Villain for most of the Story & then his Mother also was added as a plot twist. Lelouch himself & his Brother can also be considered Villains but imo Lelouch is the Main Character.
I did like his brother, he was really cool Villain, his Father wasn't that great but the voice actor (Akainu's i think) made me like some of his Scenes, but both cannot come close to Monster's Johan is one of my favorite villains of all time, he is really unique & very well written & stands out

Who do you interpret as the main characters here? It might be my fault since I just copied the form lol. I intended it to only be the one MC. In which I would rank them Light>Lulu>Tenma>whoever the MC of SG is.
Basically Light & L imo, butt tbh i changed my mind, i think i prefer Lelouch more
Again sorry, who do you put in this section lol?
All Lelouch Friends & his Rebellion Team & his other Allies
I think they were varied & even though none of them stood out for me, they at least were used correctly & none of them bothered me, it was a well-used Cast, rather than a likeable cast

I answered for Code Geass lol my bad
For Death Note, i don't see anyone as a Villain tbh
The Story is like a Tennis Game (Which was shown in Story)
There is no Villain in a Tennis Game, there is only Two Competitors with Light being the Focus & Main Character

Light D Lamperouge

โ€Ž
It sounds a bit... Too dark for my taste, I don't know :emohiyo:
Hmmm. Well tbh Monster has no paranormal powers and the setting is way more realistic than any of these, but it does deal a lot with the human psyche and how it can effect people and how to exploit it. It has some dark moments sure, but it's a masterpiece. You should definitely check it out.
His Parents imo, because his Father was presented as the Villain for most of the Story & then his Mother also was added as a plot twist. Lelouch himself & his Brother can also be considered Villains but imo Lelouch is the Main Character.
I did like his brother, he was really cool Villain, his Father wasn't that great but the voice actor (Akainu's i think) made me like some of his Scenes, but both cannot come close to Monster's Johan is one of my favorite villains of all time, he is really unique & very well written & stands out
This part confused me lol. I was asking about DN. Do you consider Light to be the villain of it?

But I agree. Johan is an amazing villain. One of the best.

But again, the show is very popular & well liked & well made (Animation, Direction, OSTs ... etc)
So u might love it instead
Aight thanks.

I answered for Code Geass lol my bad
For Death Note, i don't see anyone as a Villain tbh
The Story is like a Tennis Game (Which was shown in Story)
There is no Villain in a Tennis Game, there is only Two Competitors with Light being the Focus & Main Character
Ah aight. Thanks.

If your are into sci fic then yes. And top of that it has good MC couple .
But there is also my hated side character who scream MC name all the time. But many like her.
Overall I would recommend it to try

Light D Lamperouge

โ€Ž
I don't read/watch steins gate. Monster>Death Note>Code Geass
I'd switch DN and Monster, but I agree that CG is probably the least best of the three so to say lol.

Overall I would recommend it to try
Aye thanks. I've always seen its name pop up whenever I google anime in the same vein as DN or so, so I was curious.

Light D Lamperouge

โ€Ž