Powers & Abilities Debunking Literally Every Argument Against Ryokugyu’s Black Blade

Does Ryokugyu Have A Black Blade?

• Total voters
CoC infusion is basically like Kaioken. While CoA has different properties (hardening, barrier, internal destruction), CoC is just a reinforcement. That's why Luffy said that his attacks were still too shallow, only to infuse then infuse them with CoC and have more potency.

I guess Black Blade = high top tier level of CoA + perfect flow (since through flow, the swordsman becomes one with the blade, and the better the flow, the more capable of cutting is the swordsman), that coupled with a long history of fights. After all, it was said that Ryuma "forged" a black blade. And forging takes time, but it also takes craftsmanship (flow) and ability (Haki). So I guess top tier swordsmen like Roger at least lacked one of those. Since Roger fought a lot, this is off the table. I also doubt Roger's CoA was too weak, though since he was focused on CoC, it wouldn't be unrealistic for Ryokugyu to have better CoA.

Lol, you can't "No" exactly how it happened in the manga......
I mean true but like as I asked you before.
What happens if Full Power attack coated with strongest CoA in history clashes with Full Power attack coated with strongest CoC in history?

Which weapon breaks?
I'd say one with CoA
Post automatically merged:

Same question for you two as well
@Fleet Admiral Lee Hung
@comrade

What happens if Full Power attack coated with strongest CoA in history clashes with Full Power attack coated with strongest CoC in history?

Which weapon breaks?
I'd say one with CoA

@Fleet Admiral Lee Hung
@comrade
I guess the one with CoC breaks, because CoC increases the potency of the attack but doesn't harden the blade. I guess if a CoC only blade hit a hard surface with enormous potency, the blade itself may shatter.

They’re probably equal. Mihawk doesn’t seem to care about CoC that much, but he really takes pride in his black blade. Lol
How do you know he doesn't care about his CoC?
If CoC is what created black blade then he must care about his CoC

Guy trying to surpass Mihawk seems to care enough about CoC tho

I guess the one with CoC breaks, because CoC increases the potency of the attack but doesn't harden the blade. I guess if a CoC only blade hit a hard surface with enormous potency, the blade itself may shatter.
But Zoro's CoC broke through King's CoA coated blade.
Something Zoro's CoA coated attacks couldn't do.

So basically this is CoA Barrier

And this is CoC Barrier

Seems like CoC just makes a stronger barrier
@comrade
@Fleet Admiral Lee Hung
@Celestial D. Dragon

So CoC works both defensively and offensively

Last edited:
But Zoro's CoC broke through King's CoA coated blade.
Something Zoro's CoA coated attacks couldn't do.
King's CoA is mediocre or at least doesn't have a lot of hype. Meanwhile, King of Hell = letting Enma extract a disproportional amount of both CoC and CoA (Ryuo). Zoro's body and blades were literally steaming, which is an indication of too much CoA usage. The same steam covers Luffy when he enters G4, with Law pointing out that Luffy is using too much Haki.

And sure, high CoC alone > mediocre CoA, as such a slash infused with CoC wouldn't even need to touch the CoA blade. I assume Zoro's Dragon Damnation didn't touch King's blade either; the sheer attack potency created a flying slash decimating both his sword and wing along with carving him up.

King's CoA is mediocre or at least doesn't have a lot of hype. Meanwhile, King of Hell = letting Enma extract a disproportional amount of both CoC and CoA (Ryuo). Zoro's body and blades were literally steaming, which is an indication of too much CoA usage. The same steam covers Luffy when he enters G4, with Law pointing out that Luffy is using too much Haki.

And sure, high CoC alone > mediocre CoA, as such a slash infused with CoC wouldn't even need to touch the CoA blade. I assume Zoro's Dragon Damnation didn't touch King's blade either; the sheer attack potency created a flying slash decimating both his sword and wing along with carving him up.
Idk about Mediocre, for like 30 years him fighting First Mates and possibly even top tiers, no one has been able to break his blade.
His casual CoA strike did more damage to Marco than Garp's CoA fist could do and any of admiral attacks could do

Also where does Enma come from?
Zoro was using insane amounts of CoC on ALL his swords.

Idk about Mediocre, for like 30 years him fighting First Mates and possibly even top tiers, no one has been able to break his blade.
His casual CoA strike did more damage to Marco than Garp's CoA fist could do and any of admiral attacks could do
Garp's punch was blunt force, slicing through his wing is much easier. Fodder's were stabbing Marco's head, and Queen's mouth gun was blowing holes in Marco's phoenix form. given how rarely Yonko engage with each other, not seeing each other for years or even decades, I doubt King was fighting much against his peers.
Also where does Enma come from?
Zoro was using insane amounts of CoC on ALL his swords.
Enma is still the blade that draws out that excess amount of Haki out of his body. His other blades were coated too, but Enma was the reason that amount of Haki was extracted. Hence Zoro pointed out he just has to allow Enma to draw that Haki out. And that's why it was said that Enma was the only blade capable of scarring Kaido, even though Oden used both blades to carve a cross into Kaido. Because Enma drew that excess Haki out.

Garp's punch was blunt force, slicing through his wing is much easier. Fodder's were stabbing Marco's head, and Queen's mouth gun was blowing holes in Marco's phoenix form. given how rarely Yonko engage with each other, not seeing each other for years or even decades, I doubt King was fighting much against his peers.

Enma is still the blade that draws out that excess amount of Haki out of his body. His other blades were coated too, but Enma was the reason that amount of Haki was extracted. Hence Zoro pointed out he just has to allow Enma to draw that Haki out. And that's why it was said that Enma was the only blade capable of scarring Kaido, even though Oden used both blades to carve a cross into Kaido. Because Enma drew that excess Haki out.
Dude King's cut made Marco bleeding from his mouth
Garp barely gave him a bruise.

And no point of KOH was for Zoro to fully release Haki out of his own accord where as initially he was regulating his Haki.

And Zoro was unable to break King sword before CoC attack

Dude King's cut made Marco bleeding from his mouth
Didn't see Marco bleeding from his mouth due to the cut. Only him being bruised up due to fighting two calamities.
And no point of KOH was for Zoro to fully release Haki out of his own accord where as initially he was regulating his Haki.
Yeah. Zoro said that he just has to let his Haki go without trying to regulate it. That was the whole point. Zoro talked about Enma. Saying "could Oden wield you so easily despite that much Haki pouring out of him?" It's not that Zoro chose to release all of that Haki, he just didn't resist Enma pulling all that Haki out, which he than used to coat his blades.

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
Didn't see Marco bleeding from his mouth due to the cut. Only him being bruised up due to fighting two calamities.

Yeah. Zoro said that he just has to let his Haki go without trying to regulate it. That was the whole point. Zoro talked about Enma. Saying "could Oden wield you so easily despite that much Haki pouring out of him?" It's not that Zoro chose to release all of that Haki, he just didn't resist Enma pulling all that Haki out, which he than used to coat his blades.
No. Its clear zoro released all his haki in one go which is why at that point all 3 are coated.

No dude, it was Zoro giving Enma and other swords all the Haki he had.

The amount of CoC coming out of Enma was literally no more than others.

Enma was not once highlighted in KOH attacks the way It was on roof top.

And regardless calling King's CoA Mediocre is stupid, Zoros attack was just that strong.

It cut through lunara wings too.

Which weapon breaks?
I'd say one with CoA

@Fleet Admiral Lee Hung
@comrade
Theoretically neither would break. With the CoC applied weapon, the CoA applied weapon wouldn't even touch it. With the CoA applied weapon, it would be too hard for it to break.

CoC doesn't harden a weapon. Only CoA does. But, in the off chance the two weapons do meet in a direct clash and actually touch, the one with CoC will break, because it provides no hardening or defensive properties whatsoever. All CoC coating has shown to do is amplify attacks, and that's it. But a maxed out CoA coated blade should not be able to be broken by anything, as per Mihawks words.

No. Its clear zoro released all his haki in one go which is why at that point all 3 are coated.
No dude, it was Zoro giving Enma and other swords all the Haki he had.
Then why was King of Hell created only once Zoro allowed Enma to draw that enormous amount of Haki out, and why did he refer to Oden being able to wield Enma despite so much Haki being poured out. Then Zoro would've created King of Hell without Enma.

Then why was King of Hell created only once Zoro allowed Enma to draw that enormous amount of Haki out, and why did he refer to Oden being able to wield Enma despite so much Haki being poured out. Then Zoro would've created King of Hell without Enma.
Idk what all this bullshit is supposed to entail.

Enma was the reason for Zoro to ever think about releasing all his Haki. That doesn't mean Enma is the only sword he released all his Haki on.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
@ShishioIsBack just for you:

“Mihawk’s bounty is 3.6 billion. If Kuzan does not have a bounty similar to 3.6 billion, this is confirmation that Ryokugyu doesn’t have a black blade, since the Government would give Kuzan a comparable bounty to Mihawk if he did”

Okay. So let’s go point by point because this is wrong on several levels.

1. Mihawk’s bounty is because he is the WSS. To act like his bounty is solely based on his black blade is just wrong.

2. Let’s assume Kuzan has a 2 billion berry bounty. Would Kuzan’s lower bounty that Mihawk be solely due to the fact that Mihawk has a black blade and Kuzan doesn’t? Probably not.

3. What on earth does Kuzan’s bounty have to do with Ryokugyu’s black blade?

4. It has never been stated that if someone has a bounty below x number, that means they can’t have a black blade. It’s also never been stated that the Government will automatically assign someone a specific minimum bounty if they have a black blade.

Sorta unrelated, but I really like that Fujitora and Aramaki both use swords since they represent opposite ideals of justice

I think "King of Hell" is just a pun that Zoro came up with on the spot cause Enma is the king of Hell in Buddhism