Questions & Mysteries Did Oda Make Luffy Dumber Post Time Skip?

Pre timeskip below Marineford- Ennies lobby Luffy, he never played games, He went through everybody.

Here, he decides to headbutt ulti, instead of using his fist and smacking her away. He decides he is not going to use Advanced Armament Haki against Ulti and Page one, then uses it against Yamato after she blocks his Gear 3 elephant gun causing a huge explosion right after.

He does not use Conquerors Haki at all in the war. He was more battle smart pre timeskip, using his environmet and devil fruit more, as well as looking for weaknesses in his opponents. He used his whole body to fight pre timeskip like an MMA fighter, post timeskip he is one dimensional only fighting with his fists.

The worst offender to this was the Cracker fight. He was extremely dumb in thay fight.

Instead he waste stamina like an idiot trying to get through Crackers buscuits, when it was clear that strategy was not working.

He also had Snakeman in his back pocket.

The Luffy that fought against Blueno and Crocdile would not be stuck with Cracker. Luffy had the power to One shot Cracker by himaelf from the very beginning.

King Kong Gun, he could just fly up high( where he cannot be touched), charge his fist and fly back down launching a KIng Kong Gun directly at the ground destroying Cracker and his soldiers.

Big Mom tuants Luffy in WCI, Luffy then attacks her when Pre timeskip, at Marineford he told Ace that it wasnt worth it when Akainu was taunting Ace.

Just like what happened with Goku in Dragonball super being dumber than he was when he was a kid in Dragonball and Getting rid of all his development.

That is character regression beyond Episode 1 Luffy.

Post timeskip Luffy and Pre timeskip Luffy are 2 different characters.

Last edited:
@Ravagerblade Would like to share your ( our ) opinion on this subject matter?:doffytroll::doffytroll:
Well I know mine. Luffy acts to much like a child for a 19 year old man. Having fun and goofy/adventurous is fine but to what Luffy is... take shit more seriously. [Luffy/Oda]
Post automatically merged:

@Ravagerblade Would like to share your ( our ) opinion on this subject matter?:doffytroll::doffytroll:
Well I know mine. Luffy acts to much like a child for a 19 year old man. Having fun and goofy/adventurous is fine but to what Luffy is... take shit more seriously. [Luffy/Oda]

i dont think so,
even at the raid he feels focused and never give the impression of goofing around
Compare Luffy at Marineford to Luffy during the raid, there is a vast difference. Luffy never got distracted at all during marineoford, anybody that got in his way, were one shot right away. He wasted no time durign marineford.

Compare Luffy at Marineford to Luffy during the raid, there is a vast difference. Luffy never got distracted at all during marineoford, anybody that got in his way, were one shot right away. He wasted no time durign marineford.
Nope. Reread MF again. Luffy skirmished with fodders, warlords, vice admirals, admirals, fleet admiral. Same thing happening right now. I don't agree with you btw, sure there are dumb moments just like pre timeskip. The difference is there was no trolling at that time but now you are feeling this way because of trolling culture around.