General & Others Do you guys think people take One Piece way to seriously?

I feel like many people have become overly toxic towards this series because they hold it to way too high of a standard. You have people calling this children's manga peak fiction, Oda the new Shakespeare(yes really) and overanalyze it wayyy to much.

Because of this they start to nitpick and get upset when One Piece does typical shonen manga things. I feel like it is really hindering their enjoyment.

Like, even Oda literally said that people take this manga way to serious and all he wants is a light hearted goofy manga that entertains his customers.

Don't even get me started on how autistic the powerscaling can become in this community. The new chapter is the latest example
(Shark > Admirals btw)

This applies to other shonen as well but for One Piece and Naruto it is veryyyyyy extreme.

What do you guys think?

Last edited:
Yeah
Especially Zoro vs Sanji fans

Reminds me when I was following Naruto weekly those Naruto vs Sasuke fans
:whitepress:

But every manga is gonna get criticism and considering one piece has a bunch of dicksuckers who automatically put it above every manga in existence.

It's fine if you think it's the best manga ever just don't pretend that it's devoid of criticism and it's a completely perfect series without flaws.
:jay-yeah:

Yeah
Especially Zoro vs Sanji fans

Reminds me when I was following Naruto weekly those Naruto vs Sasuke fans
:whitepress:

But every manga is gonna get criticism and considering one piece has a bunch of dicksuckers who automatically put it above every manga in existence.

It's fine if you think it's the best manga ever just don't pretend that it's devoid of criticism and it's a completely perfect series without flaws.
:jay-yeah:
They gas this series way too much which in turn creates way too much expectation. When something is held to a high regard, people will start critisizing it more harshly.

They gas this series way too much which in turn creates way too much expectation. When something is held to a high regard, people will start critisizing it more harshly.
Yeah I remember the Tobi reveal people speculating it was Kagami or even "Shisui"

It was so obvious it was Obito
:kobeha:

That and people have biases on there fav shows too.

They can't speak objectively half the time especially on a reactionary forum like this.

Seeing a plethora of OP theories and toxicity between two factions out there, surely people take this peak fiction too seriously, and it can't be stopped until the peak fiction meets its end.

lf anything people don't take One Piece enough seriously when they promote an ass rabbit character to join the main crew while all the
other recruits had phenomenal characterisations that set the series apart from the rest and made One Piece the number 1 manga in the world..

Or other people forgetting the entirety of pretimeskip simply because the story quality took a dive in recent years..

And it's not just the One Piece community being more toxic it's the advent of the new internet generation or degeneration
should i say where nothing matters anymore.. You just say what the fuck you want without repercussion..