Do you prefer the manga or anime version of the various series of Dragon Ball ?

How did you discover the original Dragon Ball story ? What is by reading the manga or watching Dragon Ball anime and its sequel Dragon Ball Z ? Do you prefer the manga me the anime ?

About Super, do you prefer the anime or the manga ?

Personnaly I discvored Dragon Ball by watching the original anime and Z on TV when I was a kid and it was my favorite programm on TV at the time, so it took years before I began to read the manga and overall I do not have a real preference over either of them.
About Super I tend to prefer the anime over the manga because I prefer the way the fights are depicted in the anime (even if the animation is not always that good) and while the manga has details that I prever over the anime ones (such as Jiren's backstory and personnality, the Pride Troopers being shown to be much more competent and to work as a true team compared to the anime) I overall prefer the anime story.

And you ?

Oda's letter:
(Describing this crazy year of anime’s 20th anniversary)....But the manga won’t end with a “Good work”. The brake is already broken!
Have you been enjoying Kouzuki Oden’s adventure so far?
I am worrying about how much I should hide as I draw. I might draw the entirety of One Piece if I’m being careless. But, as this flashback goes on, the importance of the adventure of Luffy and others, and the meaning of their battles will be clearer!!
But of course Luffy wouldn’t be thinking about things like that.
From this point on Wano Country arc will finally be about the raid!!
I wanted to draw this in Wano country all along!
And behind that, Sabo is...!! Vivi is...!! Hancock is...!! Ahhhhhh...!! That’s all.
Developments that’ll bring the final arc into our views has...already begun! Please don’t take your eyes off!!
Because next year, One Piece will
be very fun as well!!
This is a nice letter but why do you bring Oda's letter in this Dragon Ball discussion thread ?

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
The dub/sub matters a lot, too.

I love how crisp and well drawn the manga is. And without the filler, making it mostly a more satisfying experience. But there are moments in the anime that just screams dragon ball to me. Goku vs Frieza, Gohan going SS2, Goku displaying SS3 for the first time. Majin Vegeta as a whole.

For DBZ, mostly the manga I guess, and I’ll delve into the anime for the very best parts.

For DB? The old anime is classic and I love the feel of it. I prefer it over the manga.

Super? Apart from the Moro arc, the anime and its faults >>> the Manga