Questions & Mysteries Do you think Tashigi is from wano ?

Finalbeta

Law Nerd
My query on regarding tashigi because one of her attacks is related to rain.

I am not sure if oda will touch upon someday.

Do you think she will play a role in wano arc ?
Don't think she is. Doesn't give me the vibe but maybe she changed a lot by joining the Marines.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
I don’t think she’s from Wano, nor do I necessarily expect her and/or Smoker to show up there. Anytime they’ve appeared in an arc (other than the brief shot we got after Enies Lobby), they’ve been in it nearly the entire time (Loguetown, Alabasta, Punk Hazard). It’s not impossible, and is clearly the prevailing mindset here, but I don’t see it happening yet.

KiriNigiri

The Road To Harmony
There's already precedent of people from Wano migrating to East Blue. Minatomo, the carpenter from Dawn Island, is confirmed a relative of an identical Minatomo from Wano.

Oda confirmed that a ship arrived from Wano many years before the current story. He stated someone besides Minatomo had also migrated from Wano, and that they have a descendant. It stands to reason many descendants of those migrants situated all over East Blue.

Tashigi was born in East Blue, and bears a striking resemblance to Kuina. No, this doesn't mean she is Kuina. Tashigi is a year older than Kuina and they have different birthdays. Though the possibility they are related isn't out of the cards. If they are, then that would tie Tashigi to Kozaburo who fled from Wano 50 years before the main story. This is because Kozaburo's and Koshiro's names tie together. Zabu means three and Shiro means four. The timeline would line up as well since 50 years ago, Koshiro would be an infant. Perhaps Kozaburo fled Wano in order to start a new life with his family. Speculative, sure, but it's still something.

More coincidental ties involve Tashigi's sword Shigure. Shigure is named after the rain that falls on late autumn. When is late autumn? November, which is the Frost Moon month. Shimotsuki means (霜月 Frost Moon), and ontop of that, the Shimotsuki ruled over the Autumn region of Wano, Hakumai.

Minor details include how Tashigi styles her Post Timeskip hair like a top knot, but thismeans little since there are a few characters in One Piece who have a Japanese themed concept but aren't from Wano. One example is Jinbe.

It's unknown whether Oda will ever address this in the manga or if it will be covered in a Databook or SBS. I hope it's not brushed aside.

Last edited:
H

Haoshoku

Do you think she will play a role in wano arc ?
I’m kind of surprised her and Smoker haven’t shown up yet if you ask me. I was expecting they would be sent by Akainu as spies of some sort to gather information on Wano. But Drake has largely taken that role, they could be part of sword tho and show up later to back Drake.
But not having her in this arc would be a mistake considering all the underlying themes and storylines of Wano and how that relates to her character.

H

Homelander

I don’t think she’s from Wano, but she’ll probably be the one to drop some major sword knowledge if she and Smokey come
She has knowledge of all kind of meitos. Where do you think she learnt those thinks.

Also she looks carbon copy of kuina its kinda suspicious. Odadef has something store for her. I wouldnt be surprised if she is ancestor of long lost clan in wano . That reminds me toki was born outside of wano . Its possible some of them settled back 800 years ago.

To be fair even shiryu , akainu , fuji seem to have that wano blood running.