Character Discussion Do you think Yamato will ever stop saying "I'm Oden" and drop the whole Oden obsession?

Yes yes 90% of one piece story is filler........so childish lmfao
I said 50% not 90%. And yes it is, Luffy running up stairs is filler, every panel wasted on fodder is filler, Yamato and Momo running around doing absolutely nothing is filler, the whole plot line of Tama is filler, characters getting defeated then getting back up to only getting defeated within the very next chapter is filler , Nami bathe scenes is filler, Sanji simp scenes is filler, Queen poison plotline with Chopper was filler, the list goes on and on. We are 1020 chapters into the story, we don't need to be wasting time on fodder and people running around doing absolutely nothing as if this was the very first arc. This is suppose to be the end game.
Post automatically merged:

Dude, you're a fucking imbecile ๐Ÿ˜‚ this take rivals the shit big D. Kaios be droolin' atm
idk what you just said.

Maybe, it could be similar to a Sogeking type of deal where being Oden is tied to a mission, in this case opening Wano and gaining freedom but it could also extend to the end of whatever the ''Bringing the Dawn'' means.
Your only understanding that now?
I've said countless times that this is her trying to fulfill a dead man's wish, she was inspired by him and his character she decided to live as him as a way to honor him.
It is basically hardcore Role-playing. She's never denied She's also Yamato. So she does still sre herself as who she really is.
Smh can't believe people can't get this.

If you think Yamato will set out to sea like Oden and go many of the same places mentioned in the journal and shit but not actually mention Oden, I think you're going to be disappointed. Oda doesn't really drop quirks like that, unless it's more along the lines of Chopper hiding backwards.

It's not even that annoying tbh. It's less of a gag and more of a device to build her character quickly.

She fanboys over Oden so she values the same things, but will drop the act once his will is fulfilled.

The only moment that felt cringe to me was when she said it repeatedly to Momo and Shinobu, but it's clear even Oda realizes that's messed up considering how they react lol
I'm just tired at how much people seem to ignore how cool she is overall and only focus on this one character trait to say she sucks.

I think if she joins the crew in the end, Luffy will probably encourage her to drop the Oden thing and define herself. Assuming if it does indeed happen. I imagine Luffy will be cringed about it too eventually haha

i know afterwards that after Wano, Oda should give a chapter to the addition of Jinbe and Yamato interacting with the slice of life moments of sailing. Or at least the realities of sailing in the New World interacting as a crew. As Yamato, rather than masquerading as Oden

Finalbeta

Law Nerd
โ€Ž
It's not even that annoying tbh. It's less of a gag and more of a device to build her character quickly.

She fanboys over Oden so she values the same things, but will drop the act once his will is fulfilled.

The only moment that felt cringe to me was when she said it repeatedly to Momo and Shinobu, but it's clear even Oda realizes that's messed up considering how they react lol
I'm just tired at how much people seem to ignore how cool she is overall and only focus on this one character trait to say she sucks.
I mean even in real life I bet many people have got their silly obsessions. Some might be more minor but still, I feel like her character is judged too negatively because of that quirk alone. It's bad but not a tragedy haha.