Doctor Strange Multiverse of Madness Discussion (Spoilers Warning!!)

Doctor Strange : Multiverse of Madness rating?

• Total voters

Seatonnes

is probably playing Overwatch 2
I hope krasinski is the reed richards for our normal verse
Post automatically merged:

also why change ms marvels power if terrigen mist exists just keep her as an inhuman

Also this was my favourite scene when morbius no diffed wanda

Last edited:

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
The pacing was pretty shit lol.

The scenes were good. The acting great. America Chavez was alright, could've been really bad but she wasn't awful. I don't know what it is with fantasy series' and having the overpowered girl always exploring their powers by screaming like a banshee. Feels overdone and lazy.

Wanda was amazing as an antagonist but her sudden flip from Wandavision to now is a bit of a flop. Don't get me wrong, I staunchly think Wanda was a villain in Wandavision. She enslaved that town, knew she was doing it by mid season and decided her fantasy was more important than their lives. But here she's actually Dark Lord of the Sith out here murdering people and sending demons after them. It's very entertaining and she murders it the longer the film goes on. But the Darkhold corrupting her off screen is a very lackluster answer for why Wanda is suddenly willing to kill people for her happiness.

Dr. Strange is a constant good. I appreciate that they're making him question himself. He's opening up. Probably the best MCU lead right now, too.

Illuminati was awesome and I like how they got obliterated. Big Professor X. fan but it wasn't his movie here.

I think the movie just ended on a bit of a wet fart because Wanda turned heel at the end and "sacrificed herself" and all that. For that massive journey we went on, the conclusion is far from satisfactory.

So a solid 6.5/10 for me. Good scenes, great characters, but the pacing needed work and the ending could've been much better.

After credit scene was also... Bleh. It reminded me of Eternals and I am not a fan of Eternals.

I

Indigo

I've watched the movie two times now. I'm so glad i did.

The first time i watched, i enjoyed it but had problems with it, and because i'm a negative piece of shit i focused more on the negative.

Today i watched it again, and this time the experience was so much better. Because i knew the things i didn't like and when they were happening, i could just focus more on the stuff i like and hadn't paid too much attention the first time.

I'm so glad i can be part of the happy team that enjoys the divisive thing for once, i'm always a hater.

This is 100% a Sam Raimi movie, the 90s~2000s transitions. The horror elements and how they were shot. The use of the villain going mad and becoming for evil because of that. The main character's main motivation and emotional journey being tied to a romantic partner.

Some of this stuff i like, some of them i don't. But there's a charm to it. I'm really happy Marvel legit just let Raimi do this movie.

But man, when this movie is good, it's so GOOD.

The visuals and cool use of magic was so much fun. Elizabeth Olsen should legit do a horror movie no joke.

I would say it's a 7.5 ~ 8 / 10 for me. I really liked it.

I've seen the problems and they rob this movie of being amazing for me, but i think i can overlook the bad because of how much i enjoyed the good parts of the movie.

@Bango🍅 you asked what i think about Phase 4, Multiverse and the future of the MCU.

I'm personally really glad with how it's going.

Phase 4 has ups and lows, and that's because Kevin Feige doesn't have a clear route he wants to go and commit yet. So the focus of Phase 4 is 3 things in my opinion: Introductions, Goodbyes and Possible Developments.

Introductions - This is the most obvious. Marvel is just throwing out there a bunch of new characters and new places in the MCU to see what sticks, watching the feedback and watching how the fandom is gonna react to those things. This is clear to me that Kevin Feige is gonna watch the new characters that get more attention / love from the fans and work the future of the MCU involving more of those characters.

Goodbyes - It's also giving us goodbyes to a few OG characters that didn't get to end their story in Endgame. Such as Black Widow and Hawkeye.

Possible Developments - I think Kevin Feige is also putting out there possible villains and paths the story can go, to see how fans react and what they get more excited to see. Such as Kang the Emperor, or the Celestials in Eternals, or mayve evil variants form our beloved characters.

To me Phase 4 is a phase of testing and seeing what we as a fandom enjoy, then Kevin Feige is gonna compile all that and decide the future of the MCU.

So for now, i'm happy with how open to different and weird stuff Marvel has been releasing and testing. It means they are open to changing their formula and are trying to create something interesting going forward.

:fransuper:

Last edited by a moderator:
@DoctorIndigo @SeaTonnes @Zoroe etc lets discuss some shit here. :pepebusi:

what do you think about the movie and what do you think about Marvel Phase 4 in the future and especially about Multiverse thingy??
I honestly expected more from the movie. The death of the Illuminati could have been better crafted, a few holes here and there, the multiverse in the movie was more contained than I expected. And of course the movie was rushed and a little lazy, Overall I give it a 7.5.
Elizabeth Osen was wonderful in the movie, she definitely carried him on her back. I have nothing to say about Strange other than that he's still a meme.
About phase 4, I'm not expecting anything other than Kang lmao. I'm more with DC.

The only problem here is the pacing. Too fast paced, many things happen in 2 hours movie that if you don’t read comic books you’ll keep wondering “what is that?”

And I also hope that Krasinski will stay as 616 Reed; along with Emily Blunt as 616 Sue of course.

for the Multiverse thing, if they keep doing it over and over again it could be boring and repetitive. They need to make a great way for mutants, especially, to be introduced in MCU with proper storyline; not just from Multiverse. If I were the scriptwriter, I’d go with bringing the mutants by explaining that everyone is given small portion of Phoenix Force spark inside them. The Phoenix Force spark helps in genetic mutations, but it rarely happens; therefore limiting the amount of mutants in MCU. They’ve been in MCU for so long, they even help secretly in Battle of New York of Avengers 1. But in one instance, they (X-Men) ask Avengers to help them for mutants problem. One of the Avengers (could be Tony or Fury) blatantly rejects their request, therefore they decided that they won’t interfere with humans’ problems as humans don’t give a damn about them. Following the current 616 comic storyline, they can be shown hiding either in Krakoa island that keeps moving, or a terraformed Mars, while at the same time covering their presence with psychic illusion.

and if X-Men finally in 616 MCU, they’ll do Rogue justice

Worst

Custom title
Visually it was spectacular, plot was simple to follow ( was expecting more complicated things cuz things get really crazy in the multiverse domain), Wanda imho rivals Thanos as the best villain of the MCU, and cmon it's Raimi and Doctor strange you can't really go wrong with that combo!

9/10 for me ( but i'm a bit of a fanboy so i'm a little biased )

I would give it a 8/10.
Thankfully i havent watched any trailers this time, yes the movie has its flaws and pacing is a big problem, but it managed to suprise me.
If a movie entertains me and even surpises me, im happy with it.

Dr Stange has good character development and Wanda was great as always.

7/10 for me. I liked the visuals, and I think Elizabeth Olsen carries the whole movie with her performance. I can understand why some people don't like it, the writing is okay but it could've been better, and the pacing was awful.

I do really hope John Krasinski will stay as Reed Richards, with Emily Blunt as Susan Storm.

8.5-9/ 10

Movie was fucking amazing. Pratically a horror movie at this point.

Wanda is hands down the best villain in Marvel, perhaps potentially my fav character now. She just fucking carried this movie and her as a villain is fucking terrifying.

Doctor Strange's corspe PU was also very fucking cool. And I wish we saw more of it.

Wanda was amazing as an antagonist but her sudden flip from Wandavision to now is a bit of a flop. Don't get me wrong, I staunchly think Wanda was a villain in Wandavision. She enslaved that town, knew she was doing it by mid season and decided her fantasy was more important than their lives. But here she's actually Dark Lord of the Sith out here murdering people and sending demons after them. It's very entertaining and she murders it the longer the film goes on. But the Darkhold corrupting her off screen is a very lackluster answer for why Wanda is suddenly willing to kill people for her happiness.
She stated that she had dreams about her children every night. The constant reminder of her children in her dreams combined with her conflicting views on what happened in Infinity War/Endgame..( the fact that she believes Vision was sacrificed for no reason). All of that spite and hatred combined with the darkhold corrupting her....the fact that she turned into Evil Mama Bear isnt too far fetched.

felt like they cut a good chunk of the movie out
didnt think wanda had fallen that far after endgame , wss 2 hrs but it felt like it moved a little bit too quickly .

loved the cameos of carter , professor x, mr fantastic(hopefully this means marvel has rights to future xmen and fantastic 4 movies), and their captain marvel . a bit brutal for pg13 lol .

overall still a very exciting movie
great visuals esp as they travel through universes
loved america chavez
Hope she plays a more prominent role in future movies

overall solid 8/10

not any higher cause wanda's progression was just a lot too handle in one film imo.