Does the anime ruin the experience for first timers?

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
I kind of want to watch the anime and then read the whole manga from the beginning. Will this ruin the experience for me?
Yes

don’t do that . Never.

Read the manga first and if you feel like it watch some episodes.

I was like you : I started Kingdom like 4/5 years ago with the anime. It was so bad I stopped after 2/3 episodes and I quit Kingdom for years without a second thought.

Only years later I picked up the manga thanks to the section here and what people said about the manga quality etc.
And yes Kingdom is great and I almost missed it « thanks » to the anime.

So overall : DONT DO IT !

Depends, Cuz many Anime are not on the same line as the Manga. Such as Sousei no Onmyouji

Edit : is this for one piece or All Anime ?
This is specifically for Kingdom
Post automatically merged:

for me it didn't i enjoyed it a lot i read manga after that and will suggest anime over manga until you become ongoing after that its up to you
Wtf this is the Kingdom section? I forgot this section even exists, it was the Bleach section at one point. Ignore everything I said, stay the fuck away from the anime. It's a colossal pile of shit.
Just go for it. Give it a try yourself.
You'd only feel the major difference when you've read the Manga, especially the arcs where art has improved significantly. You should be fine if you start with anime then read the Manga, i also did the same.​
The anime would ruin the experience because the 1st season is mostly made of bad CGI. Unless you are a fan of CGI, it what it is. The manga is superior in every way and gives you the full experience what the show is while the anime censor things.
The anime is a no no. The amount of CGI really ruins the choreography. Just stick with the manga
Yes

don’t do that . Never.

Read the manga first and if you feel like it watch some episodes.

I was like you : I started Kingdom like 4/5 years ago with the anime. It was so bad I stopped after 2/3 episodes and I quit Kingdom for years without a second thought.

Only years later I picked up the manga thanks to the section here and what people said about the manga quality etc.
And yes Kingdom is great and I almost missed it « thanks » to the anime.

So overall : DONT DO IT !
Thanks, guys. I think I will read the manga first and then try watching the anime.

I have first-hand experience with a firsttimer and Kingdom anime. My wife does not read mange but she loves Kingdom. She can look past the bad CGI because the story is so good and she doesn't know what is being cut from the manga in season 1 of the anime. So I would say from personal experience that it does not ruin it for people who are looking for a great story and wont let the animation quality ruin it for them. That being said if you know the person hates CGI, and especially shitty CGI, then it is definitely a no no.

The CGI of Kingdom first season is as bad as 2016 Berserk. Season 2 is decent and season 3 is great (obviously not as good as the manga but it's a big improvement since season 1 and 2). So if I were you, I would skip season 1 anime and read the manga from chapter 1 to chapter 172 (first season covered this far but they skipped the Assassination arc). Then check out season 2 and 3 anime if you like. Or you can read the manga and don't even care about the anime at all.

No

I started one piece because of anime only.
You will VAps in your mind while reading too and can pop up some osts

Oh shit, its the kingdom section...... Runs away.