Questions & Mysteries Does the war against the WG happen BEFORE or concurrently with Blackbeard?

Look at the latest chapter.

Now we don't know what Vegapunk is telling the world. But common sense tells us it's probably about the WG and ancient kingdom.

They are already being set up as villains to the world. Their downfall is already happening in real time.

The main goal of Blackbeard is the world and Imu is the king of the world, Vegapunk's words next chapter could be enough to cause the war against the WG ( and we have already rebellions thanks to the flame emperor Sabo). Anyway I think that Vegapunk's words can't be understand without the knolewdge in Laugh Tale. Imo the final war will start after the discovery of the One Piece, Vegapunk will tell everyone about Imu/ that mother flame was used by the WG to destroy Lulusia. Blackbeard is the villain before Imu, but who knows at this point :quest:

on elbaf, luffy will learn that akainu plans to execute law and barto. so battle against navy is next. then he avenges shanks, who will have been defeated by shanks. finally he will come for imu.

Imu can't use Ancient Weapon without Mother Flame.

While Oda give access to BB pirates via Saturn and set up 2 Ancient Weapons info to Teach.

I've been saying this since Act 3 of Wano.
I can't picture a scenario where the biggest final war in the one piece would be only between WG and SH + allies.......
Some of the strongest individual fighter and big names of WG are probably gone before EOS war like Kizaru, Saturn etc.......and more ppl would likely dropped as well before the war.
Making the WG force weaker and weaker.

It's a battle for supremacy where everyone is free to participate, WG would lose its face, authority and control when the time comes, citizens around the globe would eventually learned that WG are the bad guys etc etc . It's already forshadowed many times.
A battle royal between remaining WG force vs SH + allies + RA vs BB crew + any another force left would make the most sense for end war.
BB + Luffy + Shirahoshi + Imu(forshadowed) would be the main player i supposed at EOS war

We could simply get another Marineford: Blackbeard subtly puts Luffy&friends vs Im&friends, all hell break loose, the grand line is destroyed like the shark lady predicted and at that point BB steps in, does his shopping (Im powers? Other stuff?) and actually becomes the final villain cucking the WG another time.

1) WB's last dying words are what will end up happening finally. And he mentions "The man who Roger is waiting for...at the very least Teach , it's not you" & then later goes on to mention WG's biggest fear that one day someone AFTER having found One Piece will challenge the WG carrying the history of all those centuries on his back.

So that to me suggests that first it will be Luffy vs BB before Laughtale & then Luffy vs Imu.

2) BB quite certainly isn't Sun God Nika Joyboy. Luffy is , as has been confirmed by Zunesha. And Roger on laughtale was so much awestruck by whosoever the previous joyboy was that he said "Joyboy, i wish i would have been born in the same era as you".
That's what Luffy is set to surpass.
Compare that to "The man who Roger is waiting for...at the very least Teach , it's not you".

3) The giant strawhat (most probably belonging to the previous Joyboy) kept as a souvenir by Imu. That again implicitly implies i think that it would be Luffy vs Imu finale.

4) BB would be a phenomenal villan before laughtale & Imu after laughtale. Not to mention that there are atleast 4 more perhaps stronger Gorosei under him & the God's Knights & Adult Seraphims full potential realized version & people like Kong , Akainu , Sengoku & other Admirals under him. BB does not have anywhere close to that level of powerful underlings. Just Akainu under Imu is enough for Aokiji under BB. Gandhi gorosei , Sengoku would be more than enough to overcome Shiryu. Rest of BB crew is cool character wise but power wise no match against Imu's underlings.

5) Imu won the void century war , defeated the previous Joyboy SunGod Nika , has been ruling over the world for last 800 years.
The original 20 kings in all likelihood knelt before him & his seat with all those 19 or 20 weapons being there in front of his seat.
BB isn't even the guy Roger is waiting for let alone potential serious contender to defeat Imu.

BB will get a chance to dethrone Imu but i think will be used as a hype tool for Imu by showing Imu crushing BB convincingly reminding us all of who the king of the world for last 800 years is. <- This event i think will happen after Luffy extreme diffs BB.

Last edited:
I really wonder when Luffy does inevitably clash with BB, how will he counter his dark-dark fruit? Like will he just use haki only? Because unlike a lot of other DFs, Luffy is always rubber, so I don't think he can "turn off" his rubber properties which makes me wonder if that's the case then even if he doesn't activate any gears Blackbeard's fruit will still affect him.

Also, another thing I've been thinking is that compared to the manga, gear 5 in the anime when Luffy is shown using his haki, it has two colors, both dark red and yellow/gold. Even though that "yellow/gold" haki isn't portrayed in the manga I wonder if Oda will incorporate that into the manga as a sort of thing where in gear 5 his haki properties change which allows him to hard counter the dark-dark fruit as well as potentially be the thing that allows Luffy to negate saturn regen hax and damage him.

1) WB's last dying words are what will end up happening finally. And he mentions "The man who Roger is waiting for...at the very least Teach , it's not you" & then later goes on to mention WG's biggest fear that one day someone AFTER having found One Piece will challenge the WG carrying the history of all those centuries on his back.

So that to me suggests that first it will be Luffy vs BB before Laughtale & then Luffy vs Imu.

2) BB quite certainly isn't Sun God Nika Joyboy. Luffy is , as has been confirmed by Zunesha. And Roger on laughtale was so much awestruck by whosoever the previous joyboy was that he said "Joyboy, i wish i would have been born in the same era as you".
That's what Luffy is set to surpass.
Compare that to "The man who Roger is waiting for...at the very least Teach , it's not you".

3) The giant strawhat (most probably belonging to the previous Joyboy) kept as a souvenir by Imu. That again implicitly implies i think that it would be Luffy vs Imu finale.

4) BB would be a phenomenal villan before laughtale & Imu after laughtale. Not to mention that there are atleast 4 more perhaps stronger Gorosei under him & the God's Knights & Adult Seraphims full potential realized version & people like Kong , Akainu , Sengoku & other Admirals under him. BB does not have anywhere close to that level of powerful underlings. Just Akainu under Imu is enough for Aokiji under BB. Gandhi gorosei , Sengoku would be more than enough to overcome Shiryu. Rest of BB crew is cool character wise but power wise no match against Imu's underlings.

5) Imu won the void century war , defeated the previous Joyboy SunGod Nika , has been ruling over the world for last 800 years.
The original 20 kings in all likelihood knelt before him & his seat with all those 19 or 20 weapons being there in front of his seat.
BB isn't even the guy Roger is waiting for let alone potential serious contender to defeat Imu.

BB will get a chance to dethrone Imu but i think will be used as a hype tool for Imu by showing Imu crushing BB convincingly reminding us all of who the king of the world for last 800 years is. <- This event i think will happen after Luffy extreme diffs BB.
After Blackbeard is not the man Roger is waiting for
That statement only proves he is not from the sun god lineage like Roger which we know already thats Luffy, Teach's lineage is special too as Saturn said and he will be the moon god that Imu fears him as much as he fears sun god.

Teach would be the man Xebec is waiting for.
We could simply get another Marineford: Blackbeard subtly puts Luffy&friends vs Im&friends, all hell break loose, the grand line is destroyed like the shark lady predicted and at that point BB steps in, does his shopping (Im powers? Other stuff?) and actually becomes the final villain cucking the WG another time.
Yup, people thinking Teach can't beat Imu without Luffy fighting him, which is true. Luffy must fight Imu for sure.

For example, both Luffy and Teach confronted with Magellan and Sengoku. 2 bosses of Impel Down and Marineford. Luffy soften them up, Teach put Magellan to coma later and Sengoku was covered in bandages at the end. We will probably see a similar scenario with Imu and Elders, everyone can fight, at the end 2 can stay at the top.