General & Others Doflamingo is the best written villain in all manga and this is why

Best villain in One Piece? Yeah sure. Best villain in manga? Yeah no.

The best villain in manga is Johan Liebert.

I'll post below info on Johan that I wrote in the past

Johan Liebert is the titular monster of the series. He is the main antagonist of the entire manga.
At first glance, one would describe Johan as a well-mannered, charismatic, and compassionate yet somewhat reserved young man who possesses a plethora of favourable traits and can easily overwhelm individuals with his seemingly flawless nature, as seen with Hans, who describes him as being not of this world. This meticulously crafted facade makes it easy for him to make new allies and manipulate them into doing various deeds for him through the influence of his supposed friendship and good will. With such skill in creating this sense of perfection and pureness, Johan hides his true motives with ease.

Within this contrived exterior, however, Johan callously delivers destruction and suffering to those who happen to fall prey to his schemes. Even before his tenure at Kinderheim 511, Johan still exhibits psychopathic tendencies. For instance, most of his murders, both in childhood and adulthood, have been premeditated and calculated.

Johan often shows a complete disregard for life by pointing to his forehead, inviting Dr. Kenzo Tenma to shoot him.

The product of a clandestine eugenics program founded to create a “übermensch” intended to lead all of humanity, the boy who later came to be known as Johan and his sister were subjected to unspeakable cruelties by their handlers. An uncompromisingly cruel and violent sociopath, Johan’s outward exterior is nonetheless that of a generous and soft-spoken young man with a naturally affable personality. Caught being the split of two dissociative personalities; one sadistic, the other helplessly empathic, Johan’s talent for persuasion is best exemplified in one of his most favorite hobbies: grooming serial killers. Johan possesses an intuitive, almost preternatural ability to identify the latent neurosis of psychopathic personalities, ingratiating himself with them, beguiling them, until finally manipulating them to commit acts of violence on his behalf through a combination of equal parts intimidation and seduction.

Many of Johan's beliefs run consistent with nihilism, as he does not see any meaning to life. He claims, 'Most of this universe is 'death' anyway,' and that to the universe, 'most lives are just specks in a corner of the earth, gone in a flash.'

Johan also has a tendency to make his victims experience the worst possible loss and suffering rather than actually killing them himself; this experience often leads to the victims killing themselves, however. Helmut Wolf is a prime example of this; instead of simply being killed, Wolf is forced to watch as all of his close relatives and acquaintances die, one after another, all so he can feel what Johan felt, solitude.

What is so frightening about Johan is that he possesses this terrifying ability to turn people into monsters using just his words. For instance, he could turn them into serial killers without even lifting a finger. The usage of his manipulative tactics exposes the true nature of humans and using this, he corrupts their souls. In a way, he exposes humanity in its worst image, portraying them as nothing but psychotic killers. Furthermore, these tactics were displayed from an early age, where he was the cause of a tragic massacre at his orphanage, 511 Kinderheim. On that occasion he used stories in order to convince the children that were there with him to murder the staff and then murder each other whilst he was sitting on his throne and observing all of it. During the massacre in Kinderheim 511 fifty children and instructors were in a chaotic battle, all of them fighting and killing. Whilst all of this is happening, Johan just sits on a throne and watches as the chaos unfolds and the whole orphanage becomes engulfed in flames.

He is a genius-level mastermind with the goal of being the only one standing, although that changes later in the series.

Johan uses his wits to commit his evil with no help from supernatural elements at all. Just with his manipulative tactics, intelligence and the knowledge of how the human mind can be corrupted. Then he executes his plan, creating monsters out of nothing except carefully chosen words. That's what makes him genuinely horrifying. The scary thing about the way this character is portrayed is that a person like this could actually exist in real life, there could be someone out there like Johan in this world. The realism this character expresses throughout the anime really makes you think about the possibility that there could be a person like this out there, which is what makes him that much scarier.

Johan's experiences as a child could make one wonder if Johan is truly THE monster or was he shaped that way by the people around him. In order not to spoil much, I will briefly go through them. Johan was experimented upon and was being raised as the new Hitler by the government. Kinderheim 511, where Johan was sent, was a horrid place where children were treated like criminals and experimented on in an attempt by the government to create perfect soldiers. Johan's mentors had always nurtured Johan's skill for manipulating others with no conscience. However, when confronted, they claimed that Johan was already a "monster" when he first came to the orphanage.

The crucial, defining difference between Johan and others is substance to the claim of his supremacy. Despite all that he was able to accomplish over the course of Naoki Urasawa’s Monster — manipulating over fifty people to kill one another through suggestion alone, framing the man who saved his life for murder, operating a massive money laundering operation at the heart of Germany, and coordinating a shadow network of killers to do his bidding— Johan has no special abilities to speak of, save for intelligence. No magical notebook capable of killing anyone whose name is written in its pages, no unholy totem gifting him with the blessing of divine fate, no special devil fruits that bestow magical powers, nothing. He is a human being, no more and no less, and that is precisely what makes him so terrifying. Furthermore, he exemplifies best the key idea that evil, far from being a vast and inhuman concept, is actually intimate. He is as a spider, weaving a web of criminality and chaos wherever he goes. Finally, he is, without question, a monster.
You sold me that shit so godly that I might even start to read Monsters...

Just a joker ? Lol , his story is the core of one piece world
Post automatically merged:

Of course he is a complex villain, very complex one , and his story too , you just missed most of it
His personality was one of the deepest I experienced in the verse if not the deepest. 🤔

Adam 🍎

Pretty Boy
Pariston has the potential, but still at least he needs this arc to be ended
He is Doffy on steroids. Simillar but different.

When doffy became all ahh i wanna murder everyone i was like - yeaaahhh okaaay dudeee another i wanna murder everyone

Meanwhile Parriston would kill you just bcs you ruined his fun or made his life boring

Doflamingo is among my top 5 favourite characters from One Piece. Like I mentioned above, he is the best villain in One Piece objectively, much much better than Kaido, Linlin, et cetera. Only Crocodile comes close to him, and as it happens I prefer Crocodile, however, as of now, Doflamingo is objectively better written.
Wait until Crocoboy's full backstory and he'll be top 1 villain ever
:kata:

Thats a pretty bold statement, specialy for someone that has a a profile pic from berserk....

Compare to Meme and Kaido?Yes

In all Manga?Not even close

Frieza alone is way better,Dio is way better,Orochimaru is better etc etc
I agreed with you until you mentioned Dio and Orochimaru....Specialy Orochimaru.
:whitepress:

You sold me that shit so godly that I might even start to read Monsters...
He actually is the best manga villain tho. If you havent read it then please read it whole-heartedly. Theres a scene of Johann giving an apple to an old man, and that portrayal alone imo is able to give Johann a clear superiority as a character, over every other manga villain in their entire life, maybe except Griffith since Griffith has the Eclipse as his ultimate weapon regarding character.

What a bold ass claim

In his own arc, Oda makes him shits his pants just to hype future villain.
This, I wasn't interested in Doffy after that, let alone reading a 100 chapter arc and then another near 100 chapter arc to get to Wano to see the guy that made him shit his pants.

Good villain but the best villain in all of manga? Nah. Him being part of Dressrosa arc alone drags him down from that spot.

I don’t get why so many say Doffy is the best in One Piece, sure he was clever and was manipulative but in the end he was nothing but someone in over his head, nothing about him was particularly threatening, he was a clown who thought he was all that when in reality he had no choice but to do as he was told since if he didn’t then he would be killed, that to me is not a mark of a great One Piece villain.

So far the best villain in OP was Enel, he had a clear goal of what he wanted and used his CoO ability to listen in on an entire nation and executed anyone who said anything about him, forcing the whole nation to worship him like an actual GOD, not only that but at the time after he defeated everyone the terror he instilled was truly godlike, and so far he is the only One Piece villain to reach his goal unlike all the other scrubs who failed at the hands of Luffy, Enel actually didn’t fail making him the best villain so far, a truly god like existence and character

Best villain in all of manga was Kira, he split the world in 2, the other half saw him as a hero while the other half saw him as a devil.

It’s unfortunate that Light was too intelligent so in the end he himself gave himself up, if not for that PIS Kira would have ruled the world as a god for at least 60 years reshaping mankind, no other villain in any manga has reached such levels of being a pure dick for me.