Chapter Discussion Dragon Ball Super Chapter 61 - Vegeta Reborn

N

NeutralWatcher

Why does Vegeta let Moro talks instead of blasting him asap?

On other note a good chapter. Piccolo nails it (no pun intended :madmonk:) that Vegeta has good character development. From killing machine to becoming a protector of earth and having a family.

Now Moro becomes even more powerful. I think Goku would activate Ultra Instinct again.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower

Dragon Ball Super - Chapter 61
Title:
Vegeta Reborn

Support Dragon Ball Super by subscribing to the new all access Shonen Jump released by VIZ.

Read Chapter Online
https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1006925

Tag:

@Bogard @RayanOO @Buusatan94 @Finalbeta @TheAncientCenturion @Jew D. Boy @NeutralWatcher @Hiragaro @SethTrollins etc
Damn, Vegeta really did learn a killer new move!! We’ve had fusion as a technique for the longest time, makes sense for them to spice things up a bit by introducing fission now :smart:

Every Namekian is Jesus, huh?? Also, I love that Piccolo can’t even get through a speech about Vegeta’s growth without kissing Goku’s ass...we get it, he’s ALSO Jesus, just like everyone else in this franchise, apparently.

HOLY SHIT MORO ATE THAT FUCKING GUY

Really looked like Vegeta was gonna be able to close the deal there...gotta hope he has another trick or two up his sleeve, otherwise Kakarot is gonna swoop in and reach another SSJ level that’ll be child’s play to whoever the next villain happens to be 🙄

Finalbeta

Law Nerd
Damn, Vegeta really did learn a killer new move!! We’ve had fusion as a technique for the longest time, makes sense for them to spice things up a bit by introducing fission now :smart:

Every Namekian is Jesus, huh?? Also, I love that Piccolo can’t even get through a speech about Vegeta’s growth without kissing Goku’s ass...we get it, he’s ALSO Jesus, just like everyone else in this franchise, apparently.

HOLY SHIT MORO ATE THAT FUCKING GUY

Really looked like Vegeta was gonna be able to close the deal there...gotta hope he has another trick or two up his sleeve, otherwise Kakarot is gonna swoop in and reach another SSJ level that’ll be child’s play to whoever the next villain happens to be 🙄
Well one thing is sure, Goku will keep reaching new stages lol :P

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
Great chapter except the end

Don't like at all the new merge looks like Super buu or a lot more generic. Moro was kinda unique now he is more bland

Obviously Végéta is the best Character it sucks that he can never win by himself. It was a great chapter for Végéta admitting that he deserves to go to hell etc

The fission thing is interesting if some can merge some separating power are understandable.

I am exhausted of DB formula that everyone fight the big bad and that Goku yells harder than anyone and beats him.

Last edited:
So SSBE Vegeta wasn't stronger than UI Omen Goku, but he beat moro because of his special forced spirit fission technique?

SSBE Vegeta without spirit fission;

UI Omen Goku;

Nice. Since spirit fission won't work on UI Omen, Goku can overpower him with UI Omen alone.

Even then, with spirit fission, they still didn't give this victory to Vegeta, he will remain as ultimate jobber :milaugh:

Bogard

You can't win
Looks like i wasn't far off concerning Vegeta's new technique. I predicted it to possibly be related to ki draining technique
Nice to see Vegeta back, i want to see the technique he learned. The yadrats around him seemed drained, so maybe it's a ki draining technique, but if it's the case, it'd look too similar to Moro's unless it's a reverse technique
But in the end, it's kinda like the opposite of Moro's absorption, with the fission from absorbed powers / souls ultimately allowing Vegeta to weaken Moro to the point of potentially beating him. Too bad though that he still won't get the win, but it was a great chapter in Vegeta's development from originally being a mass murderer to a protector

And as i thought as well, Moro having 73 as a backup was bound to be used sooner or later, but i didn't expect him to use him this way. Guess now that he ate 73 instead of absorbing him, Vegeta's power doesn't work on him anymore ? And he is apparently even stronger than before, but considering UI Goku at full power was comparable if not stronger than Moro, i assume that a potentially MUI Goku come back should still be stronger unless i'm underestimating his power boost

Vegeta's new technique is cool, but it's like made only for Moro...when will Vegeta ever use it again against someone? It can only fission energy which got stolen. Against people like Goku it's completely useless...
It would be better if fission could work on normal KI aswell, now that would be an OP technique.
But how did it work on the Yadrats? Do they have absorbed energy aswell? I am not really familiar to it.
Also, it says it works on fusions too? Can't Vegeta just split Moro and 73?

I also hope Vegeta learned some other technique's aswell, like the healing ability is crazy usefull - would really come in handy right now. I also expected more from Vegeta powerwise - what he showed on Yadrat in his base form was crazy, i hoped that his blue form would be insanely strong now - but maybe because Moro is so strong Vegeta's power didn't looked as impressive as it may be.
And i stil don't get the point of SSBE, the change from SSB seems like nothing...

But it was obvious Vegeta wouldn't get the win...typical...even if he technically did beat moro.

Last edited:
i feel bad for vegeta as he always gets trashed everytime he shines and he's about to finish the enemies, akira might hate him that much lol
anyway i really like the ideas of how vegeta could defeat moro without needing any some bullshit powerup, vegeta simply just learns a very fundamental and deep technique which increase his effectiveness in a fight. The technique is simply a bad matchup for moro. While i think incomplete UI goku is still superior than Ultra SSB Vegeta, vegeta found something better to defeat moro which not even a God technique (UI) could do. Nicely done vegeta, you truly are very talented one:cheers:

Vegeta was really amazing in this chapter with him having surpassed Goku for the first time in a very long period and him having learnt a technique that makes him a very dangerous matchup for Moro with him being able of cancelling Moro's energy absorbtion. It was very cool to see him turn the tables on Moro and to send back all the kis that Moro ate to their original people and planets.

Though of course Moro was prepared for the eventuality of him being at disasdvantage again and had put 73 in reserve in case such a thing happened.

Honnestly I really appreciate Moro as a villain, while he isn't as physical juggernaut like Jiren and Broly he is just as if not even more dangerous than them due to his magic and special abilities but above all of his great intelligence and strategic skills with him regaining the upper hand against the Saiyans due to him outsmarting them and having counter-plans set in advance.

Bogard

You can't win
I wonder how will this go , fusion,another technique or could it be that beerus will intervene ? it was really sad to see Vegeta knocked out even after all of his amazing performance , couldn't they have just shown him getting pushed back ? btw i was really surprised when moro actually ate that android dude because its a very rare occurrence in the mangas and animes that i have seen .
There was already a fusion in the previous arc with Broly, and this time they decided to focus more on Goku's training to master UI, that he already pulled while in danger previously against Jiren, so pretty certain the natural evolution will be for MUI to come back for Goku this arc as his final step to master after the regular UI.

Now what i'm uncertain is if it'd actually be used to finish Moro or not. It's possible that he'd end up dominating Moro, but a time limit will be placed for now, not allowing him to finish Moro, with Moro ending up defeated by a Meerus deciding to sacrifice himself(since an angel trying to intervene kill himself). Either this or Goku will straight up defeat him from start to finish with MUI, but pretty certain a fusion won't be involved

Bogard

You can't win
Meerus intervening is just the same as when Zeno intervened and also i still don't think that goku will master Ultra instinct at this moment or at least i still don't think that this would be enough, i think they should bring up something new
Moro didn't seem to be out of UI Goku's reach when he was at full power, and MUI Goku is on a complete different level from UI Goku, so from what we've seen, MUI Goku should be on another level to Moro. With that said, it was mentioned that current Moro grew stronger from eating 73, but by how much is uncertain. Could also depend on Moro's magic, will he continue to absorb people's power to grow stronger ?

But even in that case, he'd need to get rid of Vegeta completely since his ability counters his absorption

And the editors also said before, they did too much with Broly and wanted to slow things down in terms of evolution in the following arc(Moro's current arc)

Which implied they wouldn't really make Moro as strong as Broly, in which case MUI Goku should be more than enough. With that said, whether Goku completely masters MUI this arc or not is uncertain, but he doesn't need to completely master it to dominate Moro.

He already unlocked it against Jiren when he was backed against a corner, and current Goku has much better mastery over UI than during that tournament since he can use UI at will now, except with a timelimit when going at full power. It's just the next step(MUI) that he needs to unlock / master in this case, and thus considering the arc has been resolving around Goku's UI training, i think it's natural to believe MUI will also come back, whether Goku completely masters it or not

His complete mastery will just play a role on if it'd be used to finish off Moro or not imo, with it depending on what they have been aiming with Meerus. Meerus is a character who had great influence in this arc, trained Goku to UI level, but also showed at times behaviour that make it seem like he'd be ready to disregard the angels rules of not interfering with mortals due to growing too fond of mortals, he had been questioning Whis about why they shouldn't go to help at multiple occasions, until Whis reminded him not to do that mistake, otherwise he'd die, so it'd entirely depend on if that plot point was developed to end up as Meerus deciding to sacrifice himself to save mortals or not

This arc is indeed less about strength and raw power than other Dragon Ball arcs with Moro being a very unusual foe for the Z-Fighters due to him being a master of magic and an extremely intelligent and strategic mind which makes him a greater threat than other Universe 7 opponents.