General & Others Dumb writing regarding children and honor

This whole big mom and Nami crap talking about "muh honor" is straight trash...They are treating Ulti like some deranged physcopath. Ummm Nami you used a child in a war and you want to talking about someone hitting them? YOU are putting the kid in direct danger by making them a child soldier. Its insane. They just expect to be able to use a child in a war and no one can do anything about it because children hitting is bad? Yeah just let the enemy steamroll you because they are using a kid.. This is dumb writing by Oda

Nami being favored towards kids has been a thing since Punk Hazard.

Sure, its Tama's fault for even being here, but that doesn't mean Nami can't get angry at Ulti hitting Tama. That's like saying Luffy can't get angry at Akainu for killing Ace during a war lol.
My problem isn't them being upset that a comrade is hurt. That's natural. The problem is they are acting appalled that their enemies DARE attack Tama. And that its agaisnt some code when they are directly using Tama in said war to gain an advantage.

My problem isn't them being upset that a comrade is hurt. That's natural. The problem is they are acting appalled that their enemies DARE attack Tama. And that its agaisnt some code when they are directly using Tama in said war to gain an advantage.
I really don't get it, you don't mind that they're upset Tama got hurt but say the problem is that they're angry that Ulti hurt Tama?

Also its not a "they" here when it comes to the code. Its Big Mom we're talking about, a manchild. She's a known surprising hypocrite and a psycho, that's her entire character.

that is same as saying that they are upset that their dare "hurt" their "comrade" Tama....you are the one who is not making any sense...
Post automatically merged:

I really don't get it, you don't mind that they're upset Tama got hurt but say the problem is that they're angry that Ulti hurt Tama?

Also its not a "they" here when it comes to the code. Its Big Mom we're talking about, a manchild. She's a known surprising hypocrite and a psycho, that's her entire character.
I never really understand the problem of fandom....sometimes they don't make sense....they trash even when the character is consistent of their personality traits...

that is same as saying that they are upset that their dare "hurt" their "comrade" Tama....you are the one who is not making any sense...
Post automatically merged:

I never really understand the problem of fandom....sometimes they don't make sense....they trash even when the character is consistent of their personality traits...
The problem is why they are mad. They are mad because you aren't supposed to attack a child when they are using said child as a soldier. Its not just that Tama is hurt.

The problem is why they are mad. They are mad because you aren't supposed to attack a child. Its not just that Tama is hurt.
that is the argument...that is from Nami perspective.....it is neither dumb nor stupid...I mean Sanji gets mad when someone hit women infront of him isn't it?....just like us...we or atleast few feel mad if dog or cat get hurt meanwhile we eat pork, chicken, fish etc. (unless you are vegetarian)

The problem is why they are mad. They are mad because you aren't supposed to attack a child when they are using said child as a soldier. Its not just that Tama is hurt.
Nami is angry because Ulti hit Tama and that Ulti has the gall to raise her hand against a child, Nami hates people who hit children, regardless of the situation, its that simple. She's not gonna go thinking mode and go "maybe its justified, hmm", by her motherly-esque nature with kids she's gonna break Ulti's shit because she loves kids.

Nami is angry because Ulti hit Tama and that Ulti has the gall to raise her hand against a child, Nami hates people who hit children, regardless of the situation, its that simple. She's not gonna go thinking mode and go "maybe its justified, hmm", by her motherly-esque nature with kids she's gonna break Ulti's shit because she loves kids.
"I hate when children are hurt but put them in the position to be hurt"

Using a child soldier and putting them in harms way vs Ace an of age man acting according to his on will.
Nami getting angry someone hit a child and Luffy getting angry someone fisted his brother.

That's the correlation, and the reason they're angry. You also might as well shit on the fact that Luffy is angry Ace died because he was a Pirate but Luffy let Ace become a Pirate.

Nami getting angry someone hit a child and Luffy getting angry someone fisted his brother.

That's the correlation, and the reason they're angry. You also might as well shit on the fact that Luffy is angry Ace died because he was a Pirate but Luffy let Ace become a Pirate.
If a person puts a gun in a kids hand and makes them fight or sees them fighting and encourages them to continue and the enemy fights back its pretty stupid if you are angry at the enemy for defending themselves. YOU put the child in danger

If a person puts a gun in a kids hand and makes them fight or sees them fighting and encourages them to continue and the enemy fights back its pretty stupid if you are angry at the enemy for defending themselves. YOU put the child in danger
Irrelevant comparison. Nami is angry that someone hit a child, its that simple. She doesn't care about the reason why, or if how and when. She sees a kid getting hurt and that's it.

Its the same with Sanji and women. Vergo had his wrong reasons for attacking Tashigi but he came to her defense because she was a lady. He didn't sit down and make a court hearing if Vergo was in the right or wrong or if he was acting in self defense. These are human traits.

I don't see how it's bad writing. The characters themselves might have a warped perception of things and might be biased but it's not necessarily bad writing, just hypocrisy from Nami and we, as the readers know Nami favours kids (Punk Hazard for example). Ulti is well in her rights to beat Tama but she shouldn't be surprised when she gets knocked out by the people there capable of that who showed a liking to Tama. Nami and Big Mom have their viewpoint, Ulti has hers.

Last edited:
Bruh, Nami literally say that she cared about childrens and want to help them because they reminds her of her childhood.

I will quote some of the posts here.
Just thought after I saw others mention something similar, but Nami blasting Ulti in this chapter for hurting Tama on Mother’s Day is something special and symbolic (and reminiscent of her own history, too). Such a cool moment for her, the latest in a string of cool moments.
100% agree on this. People complaining about Big Mom's and Nami's "code of honor" about a child being brutalized in the war even though it's been established that they cared for children based on their childhood as a child.

This whole big mom and Nami crap talking about "muh honor" is straight trash...They are treating Ulti like some deranged physcopath. Ummm Nami you used a child in a war and you want to talking about someone hitting them? YOU are putting the kid in direct danger by making them a child soldier. Its insane. They just expect to be able to use a child in a war and no one can do anything about it because children hitting is bad? Yeah just let the enemy steamroll you because they are using a kid.. This is dumb writing by Oda
There's no dumb writing there when it is an established principle. Sometimes you just have to pay attention to these things