Elden Ring

Garp the Fist

Bwahahahaha

Latest game from Fromsoft and Hidetaka Miyazaki, to be released Jan 21 2022

For those wondering about GRR Martin’s involvement, I think this post is quite informative

https://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.p...e-and-trailer/&do=findComment&comment=8690754

The poster there being decently connected in the fantasy literature circles, very trustworthy.
Post automatically merged:

Really looking forward to the Irish mythology aspect- my dad’s family is Irish and growing up I read a fair bit of their legends and fairy tales. Might have to root around my parents and see if they’ve still got some books as a refresher.

Jaguark101

"Dreams are Messages from the Deep"
‎‎
If I could use one word to describe it then I would say "overwhelming" but I say that in the best possible way. It essentially is Open world Dark souls... but so much more as well. If you are someone new to these types of games then Elden Ring is a pretty good starter as it encompasses the best of all the previous games into one large package.

Beat my two nemesis from the first area.

Few things I noted (nothing too spoilery, but I’ll put it in spoilers just for people who want to be totally blind)

-it’s an open world game for a reason. You do need to go exploring, and it will help you. Can’t emphasis this enough. Also, it’s a great open world and you should be exploring anyway as a point to the game. Most fun I’ve had in one since BotW (said recently that H:ZO and GoT kinda bored me in comparison, Elden Ring does not)

-horse combat at first I was running around at full pelt the whole time, that’s not actually a great way of going about things, I’ve found. It’s not that different from the regular combat

-I never got around to playing Sekiro but I think the stagger system is here? You can parry (not with every shield though) but it seems that there’s sone sort of damage threshold that will drop a boss for a few seconds. I think there was an ingame note about it but I can’t quite remember.

-you get summons, they are very useful and advised

I did my usual go for a sword and shield strength dude for my first run, I think the game might be one that rewards a more all out approach though. We’ll see. I’ve heard magic is pretty OP

G

Gorosei Informer

I'm gonna shamelessly quote my own post here for those of you who may want ER on PC and thus still to get it:

Lmao same tbh, I'd love to play Sekiro but I'm too noob for it too haha. Shame it doesn't have an EZ mode then, that's sad.

:josad:

On a side note, for those who still want to buy the game on PC, I extremely recommend this website:

https://www.fanatical.com/en/game/elden-ring-deluxe-edition

You can get 16% off already BUT if you buy something beforehand for even $3 minimum I think, they give you a voucher for a further 5% off most types of purchases on there including ER (as far as I know) and you can reuse that voucher as many times as you like in 30 days! Each time you make a purchase of $3 or more too, you get ANOTHER voucher to use for ANOTHER 30 days too from the day you get it!

You can also check to see if the key will work for you regardless of where you live in the world before you buy it too. Only problem is they usually only give refunds if you've not revealed the key yet and thus used it too. But they might and should refund you if you have severe problems with running the game and such too ofc?

Steam is the most reliable option for buying games especially for it's no fuss/no stress quick, easy refund service as long as you play less than 2 hours of the game and refund within 2 weeks of buying it too. Otherwise you gotta rely on Steam's ironically some of the worst customer service/support in the world genuinely lmfao.

I can vouch for Fanatical though, they are great. I've saved literally hundreds of pounds/dollars on games if not even a few thousand maybe potentially? It's absurd how much you can save with their game bundles and how many games you can get for absolutely dirt cheap and such. It's all completely genuine/legit too, they used to make cheap/easy to afford at least half decent minimum software for the UK as a different company since the 90s?

I know I'm shilling for them but that's genuinely out of passion for them, thanks to sites like them, Humble, GOG, Steam and such, I've genuinely saved thousands of pounds/dollars on games, easily!

I actually gave away over a 100 games on a website before dedicated to game giveaways because I had so many to give from Fanatical and such too!

(I might also have some spare game keys atm, I'm supposed to. Not sure if @BillSlipton used the Borderlands 3 key I gave them or not too? It's mostly cheap indie games and such but I tend to get big game keys for free sometimes from bundles.)

Latest game from Fromsoft and Hidetaka Miyazaki, to be released Jan 21 2022

For those wondering about GRR Martin’s involvement, I think this post is quite informative

https://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.p...e-and-trailer/&do=findComment&comment=8690754

The poster there being decently connected in the fantasy literature circles, very trustworthy.
Post automatically merged:

Really looking forward to the Irish mythology aspect- my dad’s family is Irish and growing up I read a fair bit of their legends and fairy tales. Might have to root around my parents and see if they’ve still got some books as a refresher.

Oh wow it's based on Irish mythology?! That's awesome! I find Irish culture, music, people and such to be very beautiful, the traditional and musical sides of it, the Celtic stuff ofc lol. Amazing culture.

That's awesome you have Irish heritage in your family too!