Powers & Abilities Failed SMILES are essentially artificial versions of the hito hito no mi

I came up with this theory because I was thinking about Killer vs Hawkins. Killer is obviously in a bind as he needs to subdue hawkins without hurting him, due to the fact that Hawkins has Kid's voodoo doll. So in the same fashion as much of the wano fights we've already seen, I assume Killer will get a power up to win. He does have over a 90% chance of dying after all.

Oda could give him advanced haki, but Oda is so selective as to who gets this power that I find it a bit unlikely. Apart from that the only other thing Killer could get is something related to his failed SMILE. But that begs the question, is there anything special about failed SMILEs? Do they have some sort of latent power?

I think this has a very big possibility. Why? Well failed SMILEs give the user all the weaknesses of a devil fruit, but seemingly no power. The thing is, there is one real devil fruit that has this exact same effect. The hito hito no mi.

The hito hito no mi is a zoan, the type of power SMILEs are trying to immitate, that grants the user the powers of a human. However if the user is a human, they will seemingly get no powers. In his SBS when asked about this question, Oda said this:

O: I suppose I should say they "BECOME HUMAN". Uh, I guess you could say that means like becoming an adult, or finding your true spirit or something. So basically, people will live more human-like. Well. I guess you could say that. Or not. Basically, not. Goodbye. (runs away).
That a human who eats the hito hito no mi will become more human. Perhaps this is why failed SMILE users can't stop laughing and smiling. That in some way, this makes them "more human". I guess you can say that was the case with yasu who basically became a saint after what kaido did to him.

Anyways if this is true, then perhaps Oda could use this as a way to give Killer a power up. Reveal that there are no failed smiles and that pleasures are merely smile users with the power of humans. Then have Killer take this power to the next level and get peak human physical and mental capabilities.
Post automatically merged:

Killer unlocking his powers could also tie into the concept of devil fruit awakening. Perhaps the hito hito no mi when eaten by a human does nothing, but when awakened does have an effect.

So basicly like Tony Tony Chopper?
We never seen how his devil fruit looks like. Maybe he ate a SMILE?
SMILE could have some properties from original animals, but for some reason it doesn`t make the animal part come out for some of them. So where do the SMILE come from in the first place? Human linage and animal linage?
I don`t think Killer unlocks new power from SMILE. The only things that comes to mind is how normal Zoan type awakens would be the same for SMILE.

I like the idea that maybe a power must be awakened when eating a Smile fruit. It could be similar to how Sanji is awakening his powers. The inventors were collegues, who were researching together. Not sure it's based on the hito fruit though