Favorite Jaw-dropping Moments

D

Dragomir

Yo there! I think all of us are here are well aware of the many, MANY moments that flat out made our jaws drop in HxH, through battles or character experience. So, I would like to see which ones are your favorites. Can give a top 5, top 10, top 3, etc. Whatever you'd like.

1. Chrollo's Requiem
This was an absolutely beautiful event watch. Watching Franklin step out of that car and lighting everyone up, Feitan making heads roll, Phinks twisting everyone's neck. Oh my goodness, I loved every single one of it.

2. Adult Gon
Do I really need to explain? I'm sure that everyone had the same level of reaction to seeing this transformation.

3. Gon Charges Up Against Morel
Just watch

4. Leorio Punches Ging
When Leorio was cocking back that arm with his nen all charged up, all I could think of was just "my man got a hatsu, my man's got a hatsu, holy shit!!" It was just fucking nuts.

5. Neferpitou's Entrance & Her Attacking Kite
These two moments are equal to me. To this day, I still get chills from that. She came out of the womb and just absolutely punked Rammot into obedience. When Pitou said that she was gonna go find out how strong she was, I knew Kite was in trouble bro. Granted, the moment he gave Gon Ging's hunter license, I already knew he was gonna die, but just not that soon. Kite's words speak for themselves: "That's a monster."

Seth

๐Š๐จ๐ค๐ฎ๐ญ๐จ ๐’๐ก๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ฎ๐ข
โ€Ž
1. Adult Gon
I know there were many moments in anime/manga history to give the readers/viewers goosebumps but this is by far the best one for me.

2. Chrollo's Requiem
I live for moments like this. When the music starts playing and shit goes on on the screen just fucking WOW. I was stunned.

3. Palace Invasion
I think I don't need to add anything more.

4. Netero's Guanyin Bodhisattva
I can't explain how happy I was to finally see what this old geezer has in his arsenal and I wasn't disappointed.

5. Kurapika vs Uvogin
Sometimes I get a feeling like people really underestimates this moment. This is one of my favorite moments in the series and the whole Kurapika plan made open my Jaw like wow!

Don't know, so many and I don't even rember all of them lol. One good moment for me was when out of the blue Togashi throw us the Hisoka vs Chrollo fight at the celestail tower. Or how Netero ended his fight with Meruem, or even Meruem's death. How Pariston trolled ended the chairman election arc. And then probably many more

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
โ€Ž
For the jaw dropping moments I have :

Neferpitou appearance against Kite was amazing and extremely well done. The leap and the arm and the aura and Pitou with Kite's head etc.

The dragon dive from Zeno, Netero and Zeno in the sky and then Netero clapped Pitou kilometers away. That was insane.

Pariston ending the chairman arc and retiring from the Zodiac after winning was incredible. The way he played everyone etc.

Netero ending the fight with Meruem and activated the Rose. With the speech about human nature, Meruem's name and Netero dark face this was great.

And obviously adult Gon !

Marimo_420

The Honoured One
โ€Ž
There are many epic moments in the manga/ anime that made me go "Holy shit that was absolute madness".

But the only 2 moments I can recall right now that made me drop my jaw was Chorollo's Requiem and Gon's Transformation.

I was on another level of shock when I witnessed both scenes.
I just love the moment Gon snaps and his moral compass goes haywire. Remember this is the same guy who throughout the series has been so adamantly against revenge, is about to use everything in his power to kill someone for the same reason.

The transformation is dope af too.

Side note- Drago I think you tagged the wrong marimo?

1. Adult Gon
I know there were many moments in anime/manga history to give the readers/viewers goosebumps but this is by far the best one for me.

2. Chrollo's Requiem
I live for moments like this. When the music starts playing and shit goes on on the screen just fucking WOW. I was stunned.

3. Palace Invasion
I think I don't need to add anything more.

4. Netero's Guanyin Bodhisattva
I can't explain how happy I was to finally see what this old geezer has in his arsenal and I wasn't disappointed.

5. Kurapika vs Uvogin
Sometimes I get a feeling like people really underestimates this moment. This is one of my favorite moments in the series and the whole Kurapika plan made open my Jaw like wow!
Yep, basically exactly my top 5!

Not in order
1: Zeno and Netero's sky diving
2: Neferpitou's intrance
3: Uvogin vs Kurapika
4: the palace invasion
5: the rose bomb
6: Chrollo's requiem
7: Adult Gon
8: Feitan's Sun attack
9: the introduction of Dark continent
10: Chrollo vs Hisoka

Another jaw dropping moment I just discovered: when Hisoka and Illumi are watching Killua and Alluka escape with the car, just after the explosion when Hisoka asks Illumi if it is ok for him to kill Killua. Actually it seems the exact wording used in the manga was censored (just think about it for a moment, they needed to censor it with the word "kill" so be warned this could be a bit over the top and for sure goes way off shounen charts) cause it was not "can I kill Killua?" but "can I do Killua?" which was also paired with a symbol Hisoka made with his hands that actually means rape in Japan (and the hand sign was kept in the anime unlike the wording).
Now Hisoka creeping on the child MCs asses or his exictment moments don't seem so much anymore:wellwell:

Another jaw dropping moment I just discovered: when Hisoka and Illumi are watching Killua and Alluka escape with the car, just after the explosion when Hisoka asks Illumi if it is ok for him to kill Killua. Actually it seems the exact wording used in the manga was censored (just think about it for a moment, they needed to censor it with the word "kill" so be warned this could be a bit over the top and for sure goes way off shounen charts) cause it was not "can I kill Killua?" but "can I do Killua?" which was also paired with a symbol Hisoka made with his hands that actually means rape in Japan (and the hand sign was kept in the anime unlike the wording).
Now Hisoka creeping on the child MCs asses or his exictment moments don't seem so much anymore:wellwell:
Yeah Hisoka wanted to rape...Killua....

Big yikes.