Questions & Mysteries Favorite jojo’s main villain

I know it’s generic question
But ranks the jojo’s big baddies

1- Kira , for me easily the best and most entertaining villain, so unique compared to the rest , and just his story arc was so fun to watch , the BTD arc is my favorite of the whole franchise, the changes that he went through both in term of character and designs and his amazing stand with The amazing abilities , everything is perfect with this guy , one of the best villains of all time.

2- funny valentine, another amazing villain, having the president as the main villain was a crazy idea but it worked so well, at first i was honestly disappointed , he didn’t look or feel like a main villain for me , with the change of his design, for me everything changed, I took him more seriously and started to really appreciate the complexity of his character And it does help having a crazy ass stand like d4c .

Big gap

3- diavolo , I don’t hate diavolo as much as most, sure compared to kira and funny he’s plain and boring, still i think standing alone i do think he’s a decent enough villain, doppio is really what pushed diavolo to be N3 in my list (I know they’re technically 2 different characters but I count them as one ) diavolo alone is a little bland but doppio is so entertaining So together they make for a very good villain .

4- Dio part 1 , The 2nd best dio (diego brando is obviously N1) definitely has more personality and better motive than part 3 , still nothing unique about him , decent enough I guess .

Big Gap

5- DIO , obviously the most iconic villain and arguably the most iconic overall character, the problem is he’s just generic , again there’s nothing new or different about him , its hard for me to get excited watching this kind of characters, just blah

EDIT:

6-Kars , I forgot to add him , thanks Dragomir for the reminder, well obviously kars is forgettable lol , he’s pretty much like DIO , a villain that’s power hungry just for the sake of it , the worst kind of villain, below DIO because DIO at least had a stand that made him a little (very little) more interesting.

7-pucci , ugh when the main villain is a lackey of another villain in my book you’re the worst, I found him boring, i hate his relationship with dio , I didn’t think his goals made sense, drag the part down for me.

still haven’t read part 8

so what’s yours?

Last edited:
D

Dragomir

I mostly agree with your list. The only thing I would change would be to put Dio above Diavolo. I don't really separate part 1 and part 3 Dio as to me, they're basically the same character. Not much has changed between Dio from part 1 and part 3 besides the motivation. And with Diavolo, what I liked about him was how deep his character was and how it tied into the theme of Golden Wind: Fate. He was trying to dodge constantly trying to dodge his fate by forcibly altering it with King Crimson, while Giorno on the other hand was the opposite and more or less embraced fate which allowed him to succeed while Diavolo. With Diavolo's actual character, he was meh to me. Doppio hard carried.

Kira is my favorite and is easily the best villain in the series. Funny Valentine is up there but Kira is simply much more captivating than FV and the rest imo. He was a man just trying to live a simple life while having the most abnormal fetish that's driven him to perform the actions that he has done. Watching everything unravel when the Duwang Gang disrupted his life was amazing to see. Also, Killer Queen is awesome. Best villain stand so far for me.

Btw, you forgot to include the Pillar Men. I would place them as a whole at #3 under FV. But if just Kars specifically then I'd have him at #4 with Dio edging out. Personally, I think Wamuu and Esidisi were better than Kars.

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
If I had to rank villains : I am anime only so no FUnny Valentine or Pucci.

1) Kira : the most original one, love his psycho side, and best stands and powers.

2) Diavolo : Dopio was quite fun, his fight with Risotto was one of the best in the verse. And Diavolo whole presence was quite impressive during the whole part. He could have been better in the end but was overall quite good.

3) Pillar Men : yes Ultimate KArs is not wonderful but the Pillar men as a whole were fun. Wammu vs Jospeh was great.

4) Dio. Part 1 Dio was fun when he was a human bitch. His vampire side was not that great. I loved his presence and aura during part 3 when he was not revealed but only in the shadows etc. But his reveal was kinda meh and the guy is not original enough.

Last edited: