Favorite Music Genres

So, what are your favorite genres ?

And your favorite albums of those genres ?

Mine are :

Rock, mostly blues/psychedelic/progressive

Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon is an obvious choice here, but The Wall/Animals/Meddle/Wish You Were Here at all truly mindblowing albums. Beatle's and Led Zepellin's best albums are also amazing.
Jini Hendrix is also top notch, The Doors, King Crimson and more

Rap

The thing i like since i was a kid. Love lyrical 90s rap but also like newer sounds (even trap but its not on my playlist, i just dont think its awfull when my friends listen to it).

My fav albums would be Eminem's Slim Shady LP, MF Doom's Madvillainy, Wu Tang Clan's 36th Chambers, Kanye West's My Beautiful Dark Twisted Memory and Kendrick Lamar To Pimp a Butterfly are albums coming to mind.

More agresive stuff like metal i like Black Sabbath and all the classic heavy metal bands (and some underground ones). Also like a bit of grunge and Alternative rock.

I also like all types of psychedelic music, like Neo Psychedelia etc.

I also bump some reggae, blues and Otis Redding lol (some other soul artists as well)

Albums from these genres :

Bob Marley : Exodus and Natty Dread
Black Sabbath - Paranoid
Megadeth - Rust in Peace
Nirvana - Nevermind & In Utero
Pearl Jam - Ten
Primal Scream - Screamadelica

Also, Radiohead is an AMAZING BAND.

Kid A, OK Computer, In Rainbows and The Bends are all amazing albums.

Last edited:
Apparently in the 80s music industry was da no 1 form of entertainment, it made da most money, it had da biggest cultural impact.

Death of rock shook da entire industry.

90S music was still good imo.

Post 2000s music suffered a big drop in quality.

Current music is OBJECTIVLY BAD.

There is still good music out there, thing is u can find it movies & videogames, not top 100 music videos charts.

Apparently in the 80s music industry was da no 1 form of entertainment, it made da most money, it had da biggest cultural impact.

There is still good music out there, thing is u can find it movies & videogames, not top 100 music videos charts.

rock and metal still exist though.

tool - one of the best (if not the best) bands currently.

Metal (most subgenres such as black metal, folk metal, etc), experimental, dark folk, soundtracks, classical minimalism, jazz. Way too much I dig, really.
Post automatically merged:

Metal (most subgenres such as black metal, folk metal, etc), exoerimentql, dark folk, soundtracks, classical minimalism, jazz. Way too much , really.

Top 100 music charts never had the most amazing music tho. And that depends on taste.

Generally speaking i also hate it but it depends on who, because some of my fav post 2010 albums are 'mainstream'.

Generally speaking i also hate it but it depends on who, because some of my fav post 2010 albums are 'mainstream'.
I don't hate it cause I don't even listen to it.

I don't even know how I know about Taylor Swift & Selena Gomes.

Top 100 music charts never had the most amazing music tho. And that depends on taste.
All those classic songs u know from 80s were in da top 100 charts at da time.
Most of da international music I hear on radio here in Austria is from back in da day, usually rock or Celine Dion & all that romantic stuff. I'm positive I heard a Drake song once or twice tho'(on radio).

I don't hate it cause I don't even listen to it.

I don't even know how I know about Taylor Swift & Selena Gomes.

All those classic songs u know from 80s were in da top 100 charts at da time.
Most of da international music I hear on radio here in Austria is from back in da day, usually rock or Celine Dion & all that romantic stuff. I'm positive I heard a Drake song once or twice tho'(on radio).
True, but mostly it's still pop or really poppy rock. The best songs of the best bands were not n10 hits for the most part. That's why Rush and PFs hits were almost they're weakest songs.

True, but mostly it's still pop or really poppy rock. The best songs of the best bands were not n10 hits for the most part. That's why Rush and PFs hits were almost they're weakest songs.
And Drake ain't that bad and he was creative and shaped the industry with others. He deserves some respect and doesn't make awful music (hear Pound Cake for example, one of the best rap songs of this decade)

So, what are your favorite genres ?

And your favorite albums of those genres ?

Mine are :

Rock, mostly blues/psychedelic/progressive

Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon is an obvious choice here, but The Wall/Animals/Meddle/Wish You Were Here at all truly mindblowing albums. Beatle's and Led Zepellin's best albums are also amazing.
Jini Hendrix is also top notch.

Rap

The thing i like since i was a kid. Love lyrical 90s rap but also like newer sounds (even trap but its not on my playlist, i just dont think its awfull when my friends listen to it).

My fav albums would be Eminem's Slim Shady LP, MF Doom's Madvillainy, Wu Tang Clan's 36th Chambers, Kanye West's My Beautiful Dark Twisted Memory and Kendrick Lamar To Pimp a Butterfly are albums coming to mind.

More agresive stuff like metal i like Black Sabbath and all the classic heavy metal bands (and some underground ones). Also like a bit of grunge and Alternative rock.

I also like all types of psychedelic music, like Neo Psychedelia etc.

I also bump some reggae, blues and Otis Redding lol (some other soul artists as well)

Albums from these genres :

Bob Marley : Exodus and Natty Dread
Black Sabbath - Paranoid
Megadeth - Rust in Peace
Nirvana - Nevermind & In Utero
Pearl Jam - Ten
Primal Scream - Screamadelica

Also, Radiohead is an AMAZING BAND.

Kid A, OK Computer, In Rainbows and The Bends are all amazing albums.
You have some good taste my man.

I'm not too picky when it comes to music genres, but I definitely have preference to faster and/or more intense beats. So pop, electronica, dubstep, soft rock, synthwave, techno, and epic orchestra music works for me.

I favor music from the 80's and the videogame music I grew up with. Also ditto on RadioHead, RadioHead is awesome. Otherwise I stink at remembering band names. So I'm not even going to try, lol.

Special mention to my favorite Japanese videogame music composer and master sampler Hideki Naganuma of Jet Set Radio fame. I love his music!

I listen to all kind of music and I like hundreds of songs.

But here is my top 10 (all turns out to be oldies tho):

1. Wish you were here by Pinkfloyd
2. Hallelujah by Leonard Cohen
3. Redemption Song by Bob Marley
4. House of the rising sun by the animals (but a lot of cover actually better than the original version)
5. Stairway to heaven by Led Zeppelin
6. Bohemian rhapsody by Queen
7. Black Magic Woman by Santana
8. Crazy by Aerosmith
9. Feeling good (I don't remember the original composer as I listen mostly the cover versions)
10. I shoot the Sheriff (I prefer Clapton's version than the one from Bob Marley)

Honorable mention : Another brick in the wall (pinkfloyd but I prefer Korn's version), Whole Lotta love (Led Zeppelin), Bed of roses (Bon Jovi), I Love rock and roll (Joan Jenet)