Final Fantasy Discussion Thread

Mashiro Blue

𝓦𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝓾𝓹𝓸𝓷 π“ͺ 𝓼𝓱𝓸𝓸𝓽𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓼𝓽π“ͺ𝓻 ✰
β€Ž
I didn't see any FF discussion thread so I figured I might as well make one.

Final Fantasy is my favourite franchise of all time and I've played all titles from IV to XII. Didn't play any of the recent ones because of lack of time. Going to play FF XIV.

Not sure if this thread will be active but FFXIV is an ongoing game so might be worth a shot discussing about new titles and FFXIV game-related stuff.

Mashiro Blue

β€Ž
I predict epicness out of this thread :steef:

Missing 5GB of downloading FFXIV. Probably gonna be able to start later at night.

Summoning @Pantheos @Noctis

Oh I didn't use the word summon out of coincidence, but this was probably obvious.
Of course :myman:

Back at ya :cheers:

I knew you were a man of culture as well :cheers:
Post automatically merged:

I fnally completed installed FFXIV

Only tomorrow will I play it though. Too late now.

That and Pokemon Unite.

WhoΒ΄s in?

Ah the classic FF crystal theme. Legendary.

Last edited:
I've never played FF14, but I played FF1, FF7, FF9, FF12, and Dirge of Cerberus. I love those games and they have a special place in my heart, especially FF9 because it was the first FF game I played.

Finalbeta

Law Nerd
β€Ž
I predict epicness out of this thread :steef:

Missing 5GB of downloading FFXIV. Probably gonna be able to start later at night.

Of course :myman:

Back at ya :cheers:

I knew you were a man of culture as well :cheers:

I fnally completed installed FFXIV

Only tomorrow will I play it though. Too late now.

That and Pokemon Unite.

WhoΒ΄s in?

Ah the classic FF crystal theme. Legendary.
How are you finding XIV? (If you are starting playing it)

Mashiro Blue

β€Ž
How are you finding XIV? (If you are starting playing it)
I started playing it yesterday.

Went around picking random quests in the first city and got bored xD

Imma just going to do the main quest and start fighting monsters.

For now the graphics are amazing. OST is only pirate themed, commands are like AION. Need to dwell on it more. But so far so good.

You're playing it too?

Finalbeta

Law Nerd
β€Ž
I started playing it yesterday.

Went around picking random quests in the first city and got bored xD

Imma just going to do the main quest and start fighting monsters.

For now the graphics are amazing. OST is only pirate themed, commands are like AION. Need to dwell on it more. But so far so good.

You're playing it too?
I'm currently full focused on another videogame series but I'm excited for part 2 of the FF VII remake and also the upcoming FF XVI title.

I am a fan too or maybe an ex fan now. The franchise has changed and so do I from the time I lived it. Anyway I played FF8 to 10 and loved them. FF7 too but at that time I guess I barely understood english (there was not a port in my language at the time with the original FF7) so I did not enjoy it as much as the others (also the graphic was a punch in the eyes after playing 8, 9 and 10). Then I played FF12, I liked it but while the gameplay was super (also one of the perks I like the most of FF is that with each chapter the character grow system totally changes but every time it is awesome) I didn't like the story so much. The MC didn't even get his romance (Penelo? Nothing happens, nothing develops). Then FFXIII was pretty much an action title (heard the game is divided in levels, you can not freely explore) and I didn't get it (also I would have had to buy a PS3 so it was too much for just a title I didn't even recognize anymore). The MMORPG experiment (FFXIV, FFXI was a fiasco) I heard was pretty good but MMORPG are not my cup of tea (grind like hell, litterally never ending game, feels like a trap XD). Now FFXV seems to get good sales (even if his development had his problems) but it is still another game from the ones of the golden era. There is a really good video of super eyepatch wolf something about its flaws anyway.

Mashiro Blue

β€Ž
I'm currently full focused on another videogame series but I'm excited for part 2 of the FF VII remake and also the upcoming FF XVI title.
Did you play FFXV? If so, what did you think of it?

I am a fan too or maybe an ex fan now. The franchise has changed and so do I from the time I lived it. Anyway I played FF8 to 10 and loved them. FF7 too but at that time I guess I barely understood english (there was not a port in my language at the time with the original FF7) so I did not enjoy it as much as the others (also the graphic was a punch in the eyes after playing 8, 9 and 10). Then I played FF12, I liked it but while the gameplay was super (also one of the perks I like the most of FF is that with each chapter the character grow system totally changes but every time it is awesome) I didn't like the story so much. The MC didn't even get his romance (Penelo? Nothing happens, nothing develops). Then FFXIII was pretty much an action title (heard the game is divided in levels, you can not freely explore) and I didn't get it (also I would have had to buy a PS3 so it was too much for just a title I didn't even recognize anymore). The MMORPG experiment (FFXIV, FFXI was a fiasco) I heard was pretty good but MMORPG are not my cup of tea (grind like hell, litterally never ending game, feels like a trap XD). Now FFXV seems to get good sales (even if his development had his problems) but it is still another game from the ones of the golden era. There is a really good video of super eyepatch wolf something about its flaws anyway.
I know what you mean. It had its charm the old ones. Even the 2D were incredible in their own way. Good old times

Last edited:

Mashiro Blue

β€Ž
Yes I did, I enjoyed some innovations such as the Regalia or the new combat system and the huge open world. I'm actually hoping the world in FF XVI will be even vaster. I'm a fan of Big Open Worlds such as the one we had in FF XII, one of the biggest ones imo.
Open Worlds are pretty cool. I'm semi retired so I only play very occasionally but I do miss FF. specially the 2D ones.

I'm old gen xD

W

Wonderful World

I love me a good FF!

Story-wise I think my favorite has been FF10. Gameplay-wise I'd says FF12 Zodiac. To this day, I have never seen anything as good as the gambit system once you figure it out. I do also play FF14 intermittently. I used to raid hardcore during 2.0, but have been pretty tame since coming back in ShB.

The pixel remasters on Steam have been amazing. I'm especially looking forward to getting to play FF6 since I never finished it.

Mashiro Blue

β€Ž
I love me a good FF!

Story-wise I think my favorite has been FF10. Gameplay-wise I'd says FF12 Zodiac. To this day, I have never seen anything as good as the gambit system once you figure it out. I do also play FF14 intermittently. I used to raid hardcore during 2.0, but have been pretty tame since coming back in ShB.

The pixel remasters on Steam have been amazing. I'm especially looking forward to getting to play FF6 since I never finished it.
(FFX) Ah I see youΒ΄re a person of culture as well.

FF6 is awesome. I recommend finishing it xD