Fix the avatar size issue. (did some tests

TLDR;

I ran some tests on photo sizes and this is what I came up with:

First photo (left side is what you will see on WG. Right side is the photo that was uploaded onto the WG avatar selection). Note: Pictures #4 and #5 were kept in its original form. These photos were never cropped to fit the 200x300 which I believe is the perfect avatar size dimensions. Otherwise it WILL stretch the photos. The rest were cropped so that it eventually can fit the 200x300 criteria.

Second photo is just a comparison of what you will see on WG:

So perhaps this website needs to fix this issue or maybe this can serve as a guide for others who are thinking of posting their pics without it being stretched too dramatically.

Cheers.

Worst

Custom title
The size for the avatar box in a thread reply (desktop) is 200 * 300

while in a PM is 200 * 350

so ideally to avoid too much stretching you should crop it a 200 * 325 so it looks decent both in a PM and in a thread reply :)

there is also a way to fix it programmatically so that the image adapts itself so it doesn't matter what image resolution you upload

the downside is that you'll see avatars with different sizes based on what users upload :))

but if you upload a 200 * 325 resolution one you shouldn't see too much stretching

I had to search far and wide to find a solution to ensure make sure my avatar doesn't look like poop. I assume the solution has no plans of being implemented? If not, please place (somewhere) that the recommended avatar dimensions are 200x300-325 or whatever.

Worst

Custom title
I had to search far and wide to find a solution to ensure make sure my avatar doesn't look like poop. I assume the solution has no plans of being implemented? If not, please place (somewhere) that the recommended avatar dimensions are 200x300-325 or whatever.
On the Sanji - Big Mom - probably all the future themes, this issue is "solved" , it will probably be implemented to the older themes as well in future :)

On the Sanji - Big Mom - probably all the future themes, this issue is "solved" , it will probably be implemented to the older themes as well in future :)
Coolies
Post automatically merged:

So.

I see that PMs are 200x350 and forum posts are 200x300. When are we going to pick one size?
Post automatically merged:

350x200* and 300x200* who wrote those erroneous numbers? hmm

Last edited: